[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9053.png (10KB, 400x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9053.png
10KB, 400x454px
I cut myself back in the ninth grade, I regret it and it makes me feel like no guy will ever like me. Please don't hate, just be blatantly honest because I can't stop thinking about it. My scars remind me everyday that someday I'll have to be answerable to many people and they'll never fade.
>>
>>18134272
You're only answerable to yourself. You're a survivor. You've chosen to keep going regardless of the pain. Don't ever allow anyone make you feel like less because you didn't know how to deal with the pain in a healthy way. You're beautiful, Anon, scars and all. Don't ever forget that. You understand me?
>>
>>18134272
A. Cover them, anon. No one has to know.
Or B. Embrace them. Who cares what others think.

>tfw a guy wanted videos and photos of me cutting
>tfw you meet him irl years down the road
>tfw he tells you he's embarrassed to be seen with you due to your scars
>>
>>18134272
Guys won't judge you for your scars. But if you're really thinking that these scars are gonna be a bad thing, you can cover them with a tattoo.
>>
But how could anyone ever accept me, I hurt myself with my own hands... I find that disgusting. If I could go back in time and tell myself I was just fine the way I was, I wouldn't have to think twice about wearing a dress or going to the beach... I've become paranoid and about 1000 times more conscious thinking what would happen if anyone saw them. How could they forgive themselves to be friends with someone who hid their scars and is so unbelievably stupid to do such a thing. Nobody can ever touch my skin and think I'm beautiful
>>
>>18134272
if you're completely over that phase of your life it's fine. there's more "acceptance" about self harm than there used to, since it's linked to depression and depression is generally received with compassion, people are taught not to antagonize it and be respectful.
of course their view of you will change a little, but not much, and not in a hostile way, they'll understand, even more if they care.

you will be liked, you will be loved, the scars have nothing to do with it.
>>
I'm scared of how people will widen their eyes and run away. I know I wouldn't ever make that mistake again but only you guys are ready to listen, explaining it is so tough irl.
>>
>>18134299
Thank you! But how do I get rid of that feeling... of constantly trying to hide my skin like it's some disease
>>
>>18134278
Thank you so much!
>>
if you dont show any shame about your scars, so basically act like you didnt have any, dont pay attention to it, people's behavior will naturally shift that way. opinion is influenced by others. by being self conscious and acting like you did somthing wrong, you send a message that they should too.

i realize it's easier said than done right now. but when one day you will have grown enough to show your scars, keep telling yourself that whenever the insecurity comes back
>>
>>18134332
I will! This really helped! Thanks again all of you and to anyone else reading who has gone through or is going through this please know that it's not the right choice to hurt and wound your own skin. Talk to someone before making any rash decisions because YOU ARE NOT ALONE and sometimes it may lead to you regretting it for the rest of your life and having to come back here to seek help. Stay happy and healthy everyone!
>>
Tattoo it up with something that holds meaning to you.
>>
>>18134347
I know someone with scars. To be honest, first time I saw her, I was curious. I can't say I didn't notice them. But, she was showing them like it was nothing and I noticed that more than the scars. I've got more respect on that person because of that than any other stranger I could met.

In the end, being able to live with your past will show to everyone how strong you are. People would see this more than the scars.
>>
pics of the wounds?
>>
This thread is b8 right
>>
Talk to a dermatologist. There are procedures that manipulate the scar tissue and make it almost unnoticeable relative to the rest of your skin.
>>
>>18134506
I'm kinda new to 4chan I didn't mean for this to sound fake or like bait. I'm extremely sorry I just wanted to know what guys thought of scars and what I could do to not make my scars control me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.