[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to change my natural personality? I want to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1478594559132.png (131KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478594559132.png
131KB, 640x480px
Is it possible to change my natural personality?

I want to be a person who is passionate and extroverted.
>>
>>18134168

F A K E
I T
T I L L
Y O U
M A K E
I T
>>
>>18134168

not really.
>>
>>18134168

you make strides but you dont really change your personality, you just find out that more things were within your personality range than you thought.

for instance, all these people claiming to be introverted but that they are miserable becuase of it ARENT introverted. introversion means WANTING to be alone.

these people are just anxious about social interaction, not because they hate it but because they fear consequences.

becoming brave isn't really changing your personality, its just facing up to your fears or realizing they arent as scary as you thought.

you cant gain passion, you just find something you were passionate baout.
>>
I believe anything is possible, and I don't trust the naysayers that tell you that introversion is somehow hardwired into your brain.
But I am sure that changing is damn hard, and you'll probably have to change deep beliefs about yourself (such as inadequacy) and even some of your core values: introverted people are less interested in smalltalk and more inclined towards deep conversation, things that are not fit for the vast majority of social situations, people in gatherings tend to talk at a very low intellecual level (not being edgy here, it's just how the world works).
I'd say it takes breaking out of your comfort zone, learning to talk the talk, and feeling more and more at ease with yourself when surrounded with people.
I certainly don't think you have to be doomed to be an introvert if you don't like that.
>>
>>18134192
Actually, let me just add: I don't believe in the introvert-extrovert thing. For one thing, it sounds like pseudo-scientific bs, and as such, it remains ill-defined. Why do they mean by "need time alone to `recharge'"? We are not fucking iPhones.
Sure, introversion and extroversion are real things, but not something that you cannot change. We humans are capable of shaping ourselves in every way, even if it takes a lot of work.
>>
You can work on the weaknesses of your personality, but you can't change who you are. Introverted and shy? Those are two separate things but are oftentimes lumped into one. You can get rid of shyness. Not introversion.

The passionate bit raises some questions from me, though. Why do you want to change your personality? Because you feel like no one will love you (whether that be romantically or in a platonic since) in the state you're in now?
>>
>>18134192
>>18134202

i disagree, i definitely am an introvert, but youre right in that people go overboard with the self-identification

with practice ive become great at small-talk, public speaking, group interaction... didnt come naturally and i still need time to myself but social skills are like any other skill: you need to practice to make it work
>>
>>18134217
I'd say that I don't have problems with public speaking and group interaction

I can't comment on small talk because that's simply something I don't do
>>
>>18134295

you dont do smalltalk? like just chatting up ppl just for fun? out of boredom?

you have to realize that other people exist in the world just to entertain you... their feelings dont matter and you dont have to try to "be" or "do" anything for them.
>>
>>18134168
Booze!
>>
>>18134168
Frontal lobe damage completely changed my personality. A full 180. Temperament too, just food for thought.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.