[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1474490289052.jpg (90KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
1474490289052.jpg
90KB, 1024x766px
This is a bit outside the norm, but I'm conducting some research with the eventual goal of spiting an old professor, and would appreciate anon answering some questions.

The questionnaire is two part. If you do not use Facebook, answer "no" to the first question and proceed to the second part.

Part 1:
1) Do you utilize a Facebook account?

2) How long have you owned your Facebook account?

3) What prompted you to register?

4) How often do you use your Facebook account on a daily basis?

5) What do you generally do on Facebook?

6) In your own words, why do you use Facebook? What does it offer you?

7) Do you believe your life would be more or less productive if you did not use Facebook?

8) Can you give examples of times when Facebook made you feel better about yourself?

9) Can you give examples of times when Facebook made you feel worse about yourself?

Part 2:

1) Describe yourself in your own words.

2) Would you describe yourself, in general, to be depressed and/or have anxiety?

3) Have you been diagnosed with any mood disorders - ie, depression, anxiety, ASPD, etc.

4) Have you ever or do you currently see a therapist?

My goal is to see if there's any casual correlation between Facebook use and depression. I realize this is a biased sample, being on the 4chins, but your opinion is still valued. Thank you for your time.
>>
>>18134070

>do you use facebook

No.

>describe your self in your own words

weird, but awesome.

>would you describe yourself to be depressed

no. as for anxiety, only the normal amounts given situations.

>mood disorders

no

>therapist

used to when i was in middle school, only a few sessions, i had rage.
>>
>1) Do you utilize a Facebook account?
No.
>1) Describe yourself in your own words.
A complete failure.
>2) Would you describe yourself, in general, to be depressed and/or have anxiety?
Probably.
>3) Have you been diagnosed with any mood disorders - ie, depression, anxiety, ASPD, etc.
No.
>4) Have you ever or do you currently see a therapist?
No.
>>
>>18134070

this study is so far from scientific that you should even try. studies cant be done to "spite" people. thats fucking stupid. why do you want to spite your proffy?
>>
>>18134070
> do you utilize a Facebook account

Yes. Minimally

> how long have you owned this account?

I've owned this account since March 2015

> what prompted you to register?

Pressure from family to keep in touch while I'm out of the country

> how often donyou use it?

I look at it about three or four times a month or less.

> what do you generally use it for?

Using it to make calls to family

> is it keeping you from being productive?

it's productive in keeping in touch with my family

> instances when Facebook made you feel better about yourself?

Facebook has never made me feel better about myself. I avoid it. I only use the instant messenger portion of Facebook.

> examples of times when Facebook made you feel shitty?

I had a previous account that I deleted because of the stress it caused me. I went off the grid so to speak for almost a year to get away from people's cruel words.

I wouldn't say that my mood disorder is causally related to my Facebook use. It's caused by a combination of a chemical imbalance in my brain and a shitload of situations that have been piled on me one after the other in quick and merciless succession. I will say that during my second major episode, deleting my first account was because I was depressed. Seeing everyone so smiley and happy while I felt numb and miserable also made me feel intense anger. Since I've gotten help and whatnot, I made another account so as to work on not isolating myself and keeping in touch with family. Using it for that purpose has been positive for me.
Part 2

-creative
-thinknoutside of the box
-atypical
-intuitive

> mood disorders?

Yes. Major Depressive Disorder/Recurrent Depression and severe anxiety

> Currently seeing a therapist?

Yes.
>>
>>18134070
1 yes
2. 8 years i think
3 i was 12 and everybody did
4 everytime i'M bored, like once a hour
5.scroll shit, talk to friends, never post
6. it's an access to social life, by organizing events with friends, being informed of events, to know what my friends are up to. staying close even in different universities by sending shit to each other in our group.
7.no, i would waste time or something else
8. friend posting pic of a great time we had
9. so much way more attractive people than me lol, also friends doing stuff without me

part 2
1.easy going, composed, joyful,quiet, dumb, i smile a lot, not a big presence. i'm that nice and cute girl that everybody is fond of but rarely bond with or become close friends.
2. not really
3.nope
4.nope
>>
>>18134070
>1
Yes
>2
8ish years
>3
I was entering high school and that's what high schoolers did.
>4
Pretty frequently. I'd say I check it like, maybe at least once every hour. It's usually not long though, just see if I have any messages or notifications.
>5
Usually look at old memes friends post. Sometimes lol at the political shitposting and trollfests. Nothing quite as hilarious as a good ole facebook political debate. Plus I've got brain cells to spare reading the dribble.
>6
Contact with old friends and connections I've since moved away from.
Main purpose though, just plain pure entertainment.
>7
Neither. Facebook honestly has no impact on my life whatsoever.
>8
Seeing the teen moms I knew in high school's lives falling apart. "Kek well I may have failed a class but at least I'm not as bad off as them"
Schadenfreude I guess.
>9
Seeing the happy couples and how successful everyone else is in their love lives while I settle with the fact I'll die alone.
But that's also why I have social fixer so I can filter out those posts I guess.
>1
Lonely sack of shit
>2
>3
kek think the above should answer that for you. I was on antidepressants as a teen, though I don't know if I was like, formally diagnosed or not, since it was situational depression. I've been off those meds for like, 5 years now.

Though I'll be honest with you, I think in my case correlation definitely =/= causation. I was suicidal and undiagnosed depressed since middle school, years before I or any of my peers really dipped into social media at all.
>>
>>18134273
Oh whoops
>4
No not currently. Don't believe in therapy. It's a scam. You pay thousands of dollars for someone to tell you what you want to hear. It's just stupid to me by concept.
>>
>>18134070
>Do you utilize a Facebook account?
used to
>How long
4 years until I quit
>What prompted you
everyone was doing it
>How often?
Everyday until i quit
>What do you do on Facebook?
Browse articles, talk to people, play games
>Why do I use it?
To pass time and play games
>Do you believe you would be more productive?
YES

Part 2
>describe yourself
Paranoid, lonely, persistent, impatient
>Would you describe yourself to be depressed and/or have anxiety
Yes
>Have you been diagnosed with Axis I diso-
No
>Have you seen a therapist
No
>>
>>18134070
P1:
1. No

>magic happens

P2:
1. Ugly, Lazy, Tired, Sad, Compassionate
2. Yes.
3. Yes. I have depression. (Just got a 45 on a BDI2)
4. Yes, currently.

Get that fucker. Sorry if this skewed your results.
>>
>>18134070
>This is a bit outside the norm, but I'm conducting some research with the eventual goal of spiting an old professor, and would appreciate anon answering some questions.
>The questionnaire is two part. If you do not use Facebook, answer "no" to the first question and proceed to the second part.
>Part 1:
Nope
>Part 2:
Im a loving and compassionate person that finds joy in pretty much everything. Recently devoted to strengthening my relationship with God and becoming the best version of myself.

>2) Would you describe yourself, in general, to be depressed and/or have anxiety?
Definitely not an anxious person, but I've battled depression for half my life.

>3) Have you been diagnosed with any mood disorders - ie, depression, anxiety, ASPD, etc.
I've been diagnosed with CTE which has completely changed my mood and temperament. My highs are high, my lows are low and my fuse is non existent so if by chance I happen to get mad, it's gonna be a violent affair. I've been prescribed medication for this, but stopped taking it and just smoke as often as possible.

Once, complete waste of time.

>My goal is to see if there's any casual correlation between Facebook use and depression. I realize this is a biased sample, being on the 4chins, but your opinion is still valued. Thank you for your time.
There probably is, I'm no scientist but I'm pretty certain Facebook and other social media that consumes your day is gonna be a source of anxiety and depression, unless you're well off in life.
>>
File: 1462726738913.jpg (139KB, 762x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1462726738913.jpg
139KB, 762x1049px
>>18134070
Yes
>2) How long have you owned your Facebook account?
About a year
>3) What prompted you to register?
A couple of friends I got along with recommended I do it. I had a Facebook account from when I was much younger but deleted it because I fell for adding anyone I knew instead of true friends. I have found it's somewhat enjoyable only with the people I really appreciate.
>4) How often do you use your Facebook account on a daily basis?
Check it once or twice a day
>5) What do you generally do on Facebook?
Nothing, really. I don't have a cellphone at all so people sometimes use it to communicate with me, but that's it. Over the time I have had that account, I have only made about 3-4 posts.
>6) In your own words, why do you use Facebook? What does it offer you?
A way for people to chat with me online whenever they need to. Other than that, nothing.
>7) Do you believe your life would be more or less productive if you did not use Facebook?
It would be the exact same.
>8) Can you give examples of times when Facebook made you feel better about yourself?
It hasn't.
>9) Can you give examples of times when Facebook made you feel worse about yourself?
It hasn't.

Very introverted and reserved. Somewhat lacking in self-confidence. For instance, many people would describe me as intelligent and quick to understand things, perhaps also a caring and easygoing person. I have a hard time accepting those as truth because I always think people are just trying to make me feel good or flatter me.
I do tend to go through episodes of depression from time to time.
No. I have been diagnosed with schizoid but I somewhat question that diagnosis.
I have in the past. Not currently.
>>
>>18134070

Part 1) No

Part 2)

1) I enjoy social interaction and would be incredibly depressed without my friends. I enjoy being creative and would rather focus my energy on making something (video/film, my website, art) or learning something than just consuming mindless media, but I don't judge those who do.
2) No
3) No, although bipolar disorder runs in my family and my ex girlfriend would frequently compare myself to someone with BPD haha. No official diagnosis though.
4) School forced me to go to a therapist because I said I was going to kill myself once, but it was just something I said that got blown out of proportion. Failed a math test, said "fuck I'm going to kill myself" straight edge girl in class told the assistant principal and I got put into therapy.
>>
>>18134070
>>Part 1:
Yes but only on rare occasions to contact family
2009ish
Free mousepad lol
Almost never, I'd say like once or twice a week on average
Contact family
Lets me contact family.
>7) Do you believe your life would be more or less productive if you did not use Facebook?
I'd just use another messaging service.
>8) Can you give examples of times when Facebook made you feel better about yourself?
When I contacted my family.
>9) Can you give examples of times when Facebook made you feel worse about yourself?
When my mousepad never shipped :((((
>Part 2:
I'm a huge lazy piece of garbage, I have a routine for doing absolutely nothing even though schoolwork is kicking my ass.
Yes
No
No, I don't have enough money.
>>
Part 1:
1) Do you utilize a Facebook account?

Yes

2) How long have you owned your Facebook account?
Since 2009 or so.

3) What prompted you to register?
All my friends had it. Everyone from MySpace migrated to Facebook. I wanted to jerk off to pictures of girls I know.

4) How often do you use your Facebook account on a daily basis?
Since I had gotten it I went on Facebook at least four or five times a day. Since the beginning of 2017 I have gone on Facebook a total of TWO times. Not twice a day, but a total number or TWO times since the year began. I stopped going on it because it’s poison. Everyone posting their political views, links to bullshit sites, posting selfies and pictures of themselves for “likes” ad recognition…etc.. Poison.

5) What do you generally do on Facebook?

I used to like checking the timeline.

6) In your own words, why do you use Facebook? What does it offer you?
I use it now only for the Messenger app, to text friends and have a group chat.

7) Do you believe your life would be more or less productive if you did not use Facebook?
My life is more productive since dumping Facebook.

8) Can you give examples of times when Facebook made you feel better about yourself?
I once went on vacation. When I got home I made a photo album of my vacation photos and posted it on Facebook. I got many “likes” and I’ll admit it made me feel good. But it didn’t make me “feel better about myself.” It was as if someone was complimenting me. It feels nice, but it didn’t re-inforce my worth in the world or anything.

9) Can you give examples of times when Facebook made you feel worse about yourself?
Not really.
1) Describe yourself in your own words.
Average guy. 31 years old. Average, but happy.

2) Would you describe yourself, in general, to be depressed and/or have anxiety?
Nope.
3) Have you been diagnosed with any mood disorders - ie, depression, anxiety, ASPD, etc.
Nope.

4) Have you ever or do you currently see a therapist?
Nope.
>>
>>18134070
facebook only for tinder, but otherwise don't want to suck that corpcock
1. emotionally immature
2. yes
3. no because I've never had the money to go to the doctor, but they probably would.
4. no
online interaction is honestly 90% - 95% of my social life. Maybe being online makes me sad. Maybe I'm online because I'm sad. Maybe it's both and the cycle feeds itself.
>>
>Part 1:
1: Yes, I have one
2: Since 2009 iirc
3: My wife did it for me. She was playing one of those early, Zyanga was it? Whatever, one of the early facebook games, one where you made a little restaurant, and she wanted me to play it so I could send her stuff.
4: I usually spend 5-10 minutes on there 1-2 times a week.
5: Look at the rubbish other people post
6: It's mildly entertaining when there's nothing more interesting to do
7: Wouldn't make any odds to me
8: It provides irrefutable proof that no matter how badly you screw up, there are a lot of people a lot more stupid than you out there
9: That's never happened to me

>Part 2:
1: Husband, father, blue collar worker who blagged my way through a master's degree in my late 30's to get a job I don't like very much but pays quite well.
2: Absolutely not, no
3: No
4: No
>>
>>18134070

>do you utilize a Facebook account?

No

>What do you do on Facebook?

Look for people who bounce checks

>Why do I use it?

Track down deadbeats

>Do you believe you would be more productive?

It helps find scumbags

Part 2
>describe yourself

Pretty based man

>Would you describe yourself to be depressed and/or have anxiety

No

>Have you been diagnosed with Axis I diso-

No

>Have you seen a therapist
No
>>
>>18134070
>Part 1:
>Do you utilize a Facebook account?
Yes
>How long have you owned your Facebook account?
Since 2009
>What prompted you to register?
All my friends had it.
>How often do you use your Facebook account on a daily basis?
Before bed and when I'm pooping (sometimes). So 1-2 times a day.
>What do you generally do on Facebook?
Read the news. Read the posts in 2-3 groups about things I like.
>In your own words, why do you use Facebook? What does it offer you?
Easy distraction.
>Do you believe your life would be more or less productive if you did not use Facebook?
About the same, I don't use it much anyway.
>Can you give examples of times when Facebook made you feel better about yourself?
One time I posted a mildly funny status. People laughed. I felt very popular for 2 days.
>Can you give examples of times when Facebook made you feel worse about yourself?
Not really.

Part 2:
>Describe yourself in your own words.
Almost - almost a doctor, almost a wife, almost fit, almost a decent adult.
>Would you describe yourself, in general, to be depressed and/or have anxiety?
Right now, no.
>Have you been diagnosed with any mood disorders - ie, depression, anxiety, ASPD, etc.
Depression after a burn out in 2015.
>Have you ever or do you currently see a therapist?
Yes.
>>
>>18134070
well, all the people in your poll being on 4chan skews the result a bit, doesn't it?
>>
>Part 1:
Yes

Since 2009/2010 (can't remember which), but I didn't start using it until 2011

Probably peer pressure for registering, but I started actually using it because I finished high school and it made it easy to keep in contact with people

I check it a couple of times a day

Chat to friends, tag friends in memes. 'Stalking' people, on occasion.

An easy, convenient way to keep in contact with friends and family, especially when people have scattered around the world

Nope. I don't use it when I have things to do or when I want to do something else.

I don't really think I can give examples of either. It's not a big part of my life, and it doesn't influence me in those ways

>Part 2:
Bubbly, friendly, intelligent, quirky, self-assured, confident, resilient

Not in the least. People would describe me as unusually calm and collected

Nope

Nope
>>
the people who want to answer for some vested interest or disinterest will answer more frequently than those who do not care. the result will be skewed.
you need to first select your say, 250 participants, get them to agree to take a survey. you don't ask the mouse if it wishes to enter the cage. you'd end up with a cage of mice who want to be drugged.
>>
>>18134070
>I'm conducting some research
>asking people stuff on 4chan
Christ's sake.
>>
I used to one month ago
Like three months, but I've been in Facebook like eight years changing my accounts
Because everybody started to use Facebook
Like 12 hours four years ago, almost 16 hours since 2015
Scrolling down, laughing at memes, talking to strangers, posting about my life
Because used to be the only place where I can express myself without being judged, because I don't have any friends, for me, Facebook was like my comfort zone
Yes
Facebook never made me feel better, actually
When I saw the life of my contacts, and how there are happy, when someone told me than I have no life, or when I lost a discussion with a stranger

Part 2:
Ugly, poor, mediocre, without dreams
Yes
Yes, major depression, generalized anxiety and disnea
No
>>
>>18134070
Part 1: no
Part 2:
1 talented piece of shit who's just lazing around all day getting stuff
2 no. maybe social anxiety to some extent, but far from enough to be considered clinical
3 no
4 no
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.