[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im 25 and i work at a grocery store. what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: OSHO.png (382KB, 485x385px) Image search: [Google]
OSHO.png
382KB, 485x385px
im 25 and i work at a grocery store.

what went wrong?
>>
>>18133882
Only you know what went wrong. If you think something is wrong then it is, if you think there isn't then there isn't. On the bright side you are employed. Ever tried living as a NEET? Pro-tip don't fucking do it, sucks ass. It'll be alright man.
>>
>>18133891
NEET life aint so bad, the only hard thing is dealing with the fact that you feel like a constant disappointment whenever you open your mouth. Other then that the free time is pretty neat. heh. neat.
>>
>>18133882
The only thing wrong with this situation is that we live in a society that considers people failures if they don't do a particular kind of job - specifically, the kind of job that requires a degree.

Life is certainly easier if you have that kind of money, but it's such fucking bullshit that we're told that honest work like selling food to people who need to fucking eat means you've failed.

Minimum wage laws were enacted to make sure that anyone working full-time would be able to live autonomously, if modestly, and even support a small family. It was based on the idea that all work is dignified, not just management or law or medicine. Now, minimum wage barely even lets you pay rent. And we're so caught up in the idea that a person's worth is so tied to their income that SELLING FOOD TO PEOPLE WHO NEED TO FUCKING EAT is considered a loser job, because it pays poorly.

You're fine, OP. Our culture is fucked.
>>
>>18133956
Agree wholeheartedly. I would never have thought working in a grocery at 25 could be considered failure before I entered this thread. That's because it's a normal job. But I do see how OP may think that because I used to fall for the meme of uneducated workers being lesser than educated ones... when I was 17 and 18. Then I realised education nowadays is a crock of shit that involves only good exam skills to get a good grade, and honestly a normal grocery store worker is probably smarter than at least 10% of university graduates.

Let's just say, I wouldn't be disappointed if I was in your position OP
>>
It pisses me off so much that people who work in jobs that don't require a ton of education aren't paid any respect. What the fuck would you do without grocers? Or garbage collectors? Or bus drivers? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your life would get a whole lot harder if there were grocers & bus drivers than if there no, say, corporate lawyers.
>>
>>18133882
there are more people than jobs
>>
great recession, automation, plus a lack of effort on your part.
>>
>>18133956

>support a small family

Holy fucking shit no
>>
my bf who is a award winning bodybuilder works at a grocery store
>>
>>18134833
The world got so much smaller and brighter for me when I realized I can't look down on the people who make the comforts of my life a reality

The dude who sells me tacos has some hot opinions

The guy who makes my pizzas can do some sick vape tricks

The guy who picks up the trash at my apartment can do a standing backfill and he's got a great voice

People are cool, it seems like everyone has something interesting going on if you just take an interest
>>
File: off.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
off.gif
1MB, 480x270px
Idk where youre from but I think we can all agree its not ideal position to be in at that age and no other plans.

Im from the Netherlands and I'm aware of the uni meme but uni is cheap here and I even get a lot of benefits.

Im way unhappier now at 27 then when I was 19 and began studying (be smart stay dumb} and since Im the first one in the family to go to uni and Im still not having a job, dont get me even started how annoying hearing the same whining about my society unacceptable lifestyle everytime and everywhere also with 'friends', its always the jubject. And next to that a moderate drug addicition which always seemed cool rockstar kurt cobain/keith richards like but isnt that romantical as I once thought.

I did learn a lot in all these yrs about diff people and the subjects I studied for a yr or two before losing interest. Journalism, maths/economics and now law. And I did improve mentally/verbally/knowledge wise a lot and got good at my hobby's but got more unhappier at the same rate as time went and even lost almost all touch with my family cause I just live in a totally diff world than theirs and my old real friends who didnt go to uni and arent so unhappy.

Ive worked low level jobs as well a bit but hate it so much that I cant do em. I sometimes wonder if it would have been better to have lived in like the USA and maybe have gotten 1 shot at getting a degree and then passed it or failed and had to find a way to make a living, living like a rebel and might have done something I actually enjoy by now instead of still tourtering myself with this shit like maybe have played guitar for a living or some kind of Bill Hicks/George Carlin kinda dude. But remembering back of how naive and lack of a real strong own opinion and just overall pretty dumb I was at 19 I doubt anyone would have been impressed, so yea ....
Now I only enjoy an occasional tinderdate and music on drugs. Like im doing now thats also why this got so long probabaly lel.
>>
>>18135403
Minimum wage was enough for that decades ago. No one argues it's good enough for that now
>>
>>18133882

Join my thread>>18130288

Maybe we can start an "Escape from Wageslavery" general thread.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.