[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online Username

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1443037719555.png (367KB, 757x564px) Image search: [Google]
1443037719555.png
367KB, 757x564px
How can I make a good username for when I play games, I mainly want to start a twich channel so something to base off of that would be nice. I just have been having issues trying to think of something that is good and catchy.
>>
Be like me and use your first and last name with your birth year at the end.
>>
>>18133665

avoid an obvious reference to a TV show, subtle ones are okay, but the meaning should stand well on its own.

a generic thing you can do is
>pick an element
>pick an animal
>pic a number with significance to you

for instance
>fire
>cat
>24

and now you're firecat24.

but you can also just think of things you like and pick something. i chose deepcut, because i read about how a 'deep cut' for a gem means its smaller but its color is more intense. so now im deepcut.

before that I had liked bobcats, so i just went with bobcat, or if that was taken lonebobcat based on the native american spirit totems of bobcats teaching people to be alone without being lonely.
>>
>>18133665
Use a celebrity name but changed to have a joke in it
>Michael J Cocks
>Reese Withoutherspoon
>Danny Orcman
>Morgan Slaveman
>Willem Dafriend
>Kanye East
>clint westwood
>>
>>18133665
Terry Wrist or High Jack are good names.
>>
>>18133665

Reno BoB
>>
>>18133665
The name isn't going to matter that much in becoming popular. So if it is a gimmick for that purpose you're already failing if you're relying on something like that to help bolster your presence.

Use something simple that means something to you or applies to you personally.

I've been using the same handle for gaming online for like 16 years. I lucked out and a shortened version of my name backwards means witty in a common foreign language. So it's a somewhat clever take on my name and it's short.
>>
File: IMG_0499.jpg (166KB, 580x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0499.jpg
166KB, 580x362px
>>18133665
Fuck you joey. Youl never be as cool as Zerocool/crash overide, acidburn, lord nikon, phantom phreak (the king of 9x) or cereal killer
>>
Here's a list of my D&D character names. No idea if fantasy names would be of any use to you, but some E-celebs have cringier shit, honestly, so hey... feel free to steal these.

Talinthor
Torromin
Theklore
Glatisant
Ostrom
Zeneith
Tornbeard
Zwiro
>>
>>18133665
*shrug * almost all of my usernames are amalgamations of my real name

I.e
>the first two letters of my nick name, middle and last three of my last
>The first two of my first name, middle, and first three of my last
>An anagram of my full name (I have a really long name and it actually spells out "GamerID" plus 3 words which I use as my handle)

I just keep mixing and matching til I come across something that sounds somewhat intelligible, and those usernames are always unique to me
>>
Magicunt
>>
>>18133739
mudskunk8273645
i like it
>>
>>18133665
pick an element from the periodic table and your favorite color. OrangeCarbon. BlueSodium.
>>
http://www.marketingmo.com/creative-brand-development/4-tips-for-choosing-a-great-business-name/
>>
Take a personality trait, then a non-food item you could buy at the grocery store.

enthusiasticmagazine
passiveaggressivetoiletpaper
lazytinfoil
>>
>>18134809
I'm so happy that someone brought up that movie. Was first thing that came to my mind.

"I need a handle, man. I don't have an identity until I have a handle."
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-07+at+05.59.37).jpg (56KB, 583x457px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-07+at+05.59.37).jpg
56KB, 583x457px
What I did was pick something you like and then an element from the periodic table.
>>
Most of the big twitchers have especially lame unoriginal names, but it's the persona that makes the name and not the other way around.
>>
something that can be shortened and easily called out in the heat of the moment.

my old CS team was something like

Clockwork
Hippy (Pwnage)
Lax (Attack)
Kapote
Smooth
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.