[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no one to tell my insecurities to.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: C2GJ_J8UoAAw5Dc.jpg large.jpg (58KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
C2GJ_J8UoAAw5Dc.jpg large.jpg
58KB, 600x800px
I have no one to tell my insecurities to.
>>
Why do you feel like telling anyone. I havent told anyone about my insecurities in years.
>>
>>18133626
I...
I don't know how to deal with them.
Maybe i really hope to just be comforted and be made to believe that it's ok.
I'v been feeling very insecure lately.
>>
>>18133624
Get a therapist. They can't tell your shit to anyone else.
>>
>>18133637
We can talk right now i guess
>>
>>18133624
We cant help anons when they post little to nothing about them.
>>
>>18133647
My peers are all doing advanced things and being super social, and i can barely control my voice.
>>
>>18133660
There are is big difference between you and your peers:
They are not you.

So what is your problem?
>>
>>18133660
Makes 2 of us.

Don't worry anon, life is not for comparing yourself all day. It's for enjoying. How you enjoy life is a unique characteristic that nobody can tell you is wrong or stupid.

I suffered for years because I thought my social awkwardness/anxiety and my shitty academic performance meant I was defective or a retard. But it turns out I just hate studying and I'm happier doing simple work and spending my money on whatever I feel like I want. I still feel lonely but I got used to it, I can handle long periods of loneliness but of course I'd rather not. However I can't advise y9u on how to make friends because this is something I struggle with due to my social problems but I'm sure if you had some hobby that can be done with others then it shouldn't be to9 hard to find a similar person to be friends with
>>
>>18133724
>How you enjoy life is a unique characteristic that nobody can tell you is wrong or stupid.
True, but i want to be able to enjoy life on the same level they do.
>>
>>18133734
So you just want to copy your friends? My point was that if you let go of the need to compare yourself by accepting you aren't someone you aren't, then you can find what YOU actually enjoy without being weighed down by the bullshit of 'my friends are happier than me because they are x and y'
>>
>>18133743
I enjoy all the interesting creative things they get up to. It makes me sad that i can't participate and contribute.
>>
>>18133807
Ah, I misunderstood. What's the reason you can't take part? You said you can't control your voice, do you mean anxiety or speech issues?

If it's the former, then some therapy might be helpful to you. Look into CBT. There's always a reason for why you're anxious and therapists and counselors can help you work through it.
>>
>>18133820
I have neurological speech issues, which gives me anxiety.
>>
By personal experience, when you start telling your insecurities to people, they stop respecting you, and see you as an annoyance and a pussy.
>>
>>18133870
Just remember that any decent person isn't going to judge you negatively for speaking a little weird. And you have a legitimate reason for it so there's no need to feel anxious. If you can't control it why worry
>>
>>18133876
Yes. Which why i feel i have no one to talk to.
At first they want to be all supportive, but it quickly turns into annoyance.
>>
>>18133888
>you have a legitimate reason for it so there's no need to feel anxious
What would be an illegitimate reason?

>any decent person isn't going to judge you negatively for speaking a little weird
They will. They won't admit it or even be conscious of it, but you can tell by how it subtly affects the group dynamic. Hell, even i do it to others.
>>
>>18133912
Legitimate was the wrong choice of word, I meant as in its something that he didn't bring upon himself and it's out of his control.

If you aren't conscious of your negative judgement then how are you negatively judging though? Sure, it might change how a conversation flows if you have a participant with speech issues but if the thing they are actually saying is on topic and normal then why would you need to treat them worse than a normal speaker? And I think if a person judges someone badly purely because of a disability or impairment then they aren't really a decent person. Even if they don't voice their issue, they're still a shitty person for being prejudiced without reason in the first place.
>>
>>18133925
How you say things is hugely important. Often even more important than what you say.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.