[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: cat pics and vids 004.jpg (57KB, 342x256px) Image search: [Google]
cat pics and vids 004.jpg
57KB, 342x256px
Guys I need some help. My cat who has been with me for 13 years has been diagnosed with a disease that will kill him in 3 short months.
I know what some of you might say "Oh it's just a cat" but he will come in at night and sleep with me, lead me places outdoors, and is always wanting to cuddle when I get home from school.
How do i handle such a loss?
Pic related. Its him
>>
get a new cat
>>
>>18133489
Your cat is very cute, anon. Anyone who comes to this thread to post anything relating to "Oh it's just a cat" should be gassed... With that said, don't let the negativity that could be posted about your cat upset you through this rough time. You've shared a connection and it's difficult to cope with loss of a dear friend [pet]. Please know that this is not goodbye forever and that your cat will be in a better place waiting for you on the other side. Spend as much time as you can with your cat and enjoy the good memories and have no regrets. You've done everything you could and have given your cat a long, happy, healthy life. I wish you all the best and your baby, too.
t. someone who has lost many pets in her lifetime.
>>
>>18133520
>this is not goodbye forever and that your cat will be in a better place waiting for you on the other side.
what in the fuck are you talking about? is your advice for OP seriously "invent cat heaven"?
>>
File: 1426272813357.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1426272813357.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
Just remember that you gave him the best life you could, and he loved you immensely. Treasure these last months and spoil him rotten. Take lots of pictures of him, videos, anything to remember him by.

Two years ago, I went to visit my cat that was staying with my mother, the poor girl was all bones and refused to eat. I took her to the vet and they told me she had Feline Infectious Peritonitis. They said she might have weeks, maybe months. Four days later she was dead. I will always regret not spending more time with her. So love your kitty fiercely, and treasure every moment you have left with him.

The grief does get easier with time, but sometimes I still have dreams where my beautiful girl is asleep at the foot of my bed and when I wake up and remember she's gone its almost as hard as that first day.
>>
Thanks guys
>>
>>18133489
Have you considered putting your cat down? This might minimize it's suffering as well as yours. Besides: If you care that much about your cat, falling asleep could be difficult due to your fear of what you might see in the morning. Torturing yourself with this anticipation doesn't seem like a great idea.
>>
>>18133489
I had a cat for 20 years who I had to let go of 2 years ago. I still miss him and love. I've had dreams about him and know he is okay now. I also heard him meow a few days after and rarely hear him scratch on the room door like he used to. So he visits from time to time and is ok, so too will your little friend.
>>
File: loss.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg (133KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
loss.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg
133KB, 625x790px
One loss coming right up
>>
>>18133489

What does your cat have?
>>
>>18133764
I've gone through this numerous times with cats, and it's always very hard. The way I think of it is like this: the time I had with my cats, I gave them the best life possible. Cuddles, love, freedom, whatever they wanted. You know that cats have a life expectancy up to about 20 years, so you know it will happen eventually. All you can tell yourself is you spent the time with your cat well, giving it all of your love.
>>
Hi, OP. I'm really sorry about your situation, losing a pet is never easy. They're part of the family, you know?
I lost my cat about a month ago, she was the sweetest little thing. Found her as a stray, she eventually became everyone's favorite cat. She'd greet me when I got home, follow me everywhere, always wanted to cuddle. She had a stroke (we think, vet wasn't sure) and lost the use of her back legs. We were going to put her down that night but the vet said that we should bring her home and try kitty physical therapy, because she seemed in high spirits and not in any pain. So that's what we did. She never regained the use of her back legs, but she seemed as happy as she always was just laying on our laps. We'd put her in a preemie diaper (cutting the tail hole was funny honestly) and she'd go throughout the house, dragging herself as if nothing was wrong. She seemed really happy, the vet even agreed she seemed fine and it wasn't cruel to keep her alive this way. But three months later she had another stroke, she lost movement in her front legs too. Obviously we couldn't put her through that. I don't think I've fully accepted that she's gone yet, even a month later. But I really think it helped that I held her in a blanket while they put her to sleep. It seemed peaceful.
Losing a pet is never easy, but try to think of all the good times you had with them. You'll make it through it, OP.
>>
>>18133520
>Please know that this is not goodbye forever and that your cat will be in a better place waiting for you on the other side.
Lolno
>>
>>18133802
Somehow forgot to mention that I recently rescued a kitten and it really did help me cope with losing my other fur baby.
>>
Op here. My cat has a slow kidney disease. I forgot what they called it but it is in its 3rd to last stage. It makes him lose all his protein so his muscles and fat disappear. I will put him down when it gets too bad. Also I know there is no kitty heaven.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.