[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are friends overrated and not needed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1487930186265.png (130KB, 517x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487930186265.png
130KB, 517x480px
Are friends overrated and not needed?
>>
>>18133427

they are actually underrated, they are treated like objects you can discard as soon as a romantic interest walks by.

>not needed?

depends on the person, but on a physical level no friends are not needed, you can live your whole life without them, though it would not be fun 99.999% of the time
>>
>>18133427
I prefer a wide circle of acquaintances to friends. That way you get the company of people without having to commit to anything.
>>
"Friend" is usually an euphemism, OP.
>>
>>18133490
]for what?
>>
>>18133507
"Convenient acquaintance".
>>
File: 1481763044190.gif (981KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1481763044190.gif
981KB, 500x282px
>>18133427

>Are friends overrated and not needed?

No. Everyone has friends and not wanting or needing any is fucking weird but it doesn't matter. If you don't want friends don't have any. Die alone if you want. No one is going to stop you.
>>
Quality over quantity.

Having a bunch of "friends", people who you know in a very shallow sense and can't be yourself around and you only hang out with in order to satisfy some irrational or non-nonsensical idea that you need to surround yourself with a bunch of people is definitely overrated.

Having one, just one , really close friend who you can share things with who you know has your back and you have theirs is definitely needed.

Focus on finding that one really good friend. You only need a small inner circle. It can be literally one person, but I think everyone needs that one person you can completely be yourself around.
>>
File: 1480738003861.png (210KB, 674x674px) Image search: [Google]
1480738003861.png
210KB, 674x674px
>>18133553
>Having one, just one , really close friend who you can share things with who you know has your back and you have theirs is definitely needed.
>tfw haven't found this in my life so far
>My life's been full of just getting along with a group of friends instead of ever feeling connected to anyone
>>
humans are social animals and isolation has measurable negative effects on your wellbeing
>>
Quite the opposite. They're underrated and lacking friends will slowly, quietly make you depressed.
>>
>>18133553
yes and no. You need both. Having just one friend will make you depend on them, and you'll feel lost when they are unavailable.
>>
>>18133427
depends if you're a guy or girl. girls are all two-faced and will not hesitate to throw each other under the bus. But if you're a guy, you're friends end up being as big a part of your life as any girl you date or even marry.
>>
>>18133583
You have to go through a struggle with someone. Put yourself in a challenging situation and you'll make a good friend.
>>
>>18133800
I figured as much. The issue is I've always been the very opposite of impulsive. I rarely ever find myself in challenging situations because I always plan and analyze the things I do. And yeah, the solution would be to relax a little and learn to let go, but that's easier said than done.
>>
at some point in your life, when you're old enough

no
just no
could happen sooner or later but people whining about "muh no friends" but are already out of school seem like complete pansies
>>
>>18133538
>not wanting or needing any is fucking weird
That's debatable, anon.

> Die alone if you want.
The way you said it, sounds like a bad thing, but it doesn't have to be, though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.