[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unsure about future, lack self confidence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3061.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3061.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey there /adv/. I graduated college back in August and I have been traveling since then. I saved up a bunch of money during unĂ­ and I've pretty much burned through all of it. I was always unsure about what I wanted to do but I have always had a deep love for history, I have a masters in American history with a concentration in Racial history. >inb4 humanities degrees are worthless
It's the only thing that interested me and I'm a pretty decent historian.

I guess I've been avoiding "adulthood" by traveling. I'm 26 and I don't really have a plan. I am coming back to the states in may and I'm planning to get certified to teach, but I don't even know if that's what I want to do. I have very low self confidence and I lack work ethic. What do I need to do to get my shit together. Something that's also hanging over my head is a misdemeanor possession chsrge for weed, which is a disorderly persons. I feel like I'm running away from responsibility. I'm intelligent and I'm not socially always, i just need to be more confident and optimistic about my future.
>>
I'm slightly like you. I graduated in 2013 and have worked at two places since then. I left my last job in January and am now considering further studies. You are born in 91 right?

I totally understand the lack of confidence. How about motivation? Is that low too? You should stick to what you plan to do. Even at your lowest point, I find having a target and something to achieve helps keep you going.
>>
>> YES my motivation is low. I just feel like I love what I studied but it's not practical. I just want to be happy, I want to provide for my younger brothers and mother. It's overwhelming, I want to stop feeling I'm running away and face everything, get my shit together.
>>
Have you tried applying for jobs in the field you like, history? I'm not sure about that industry so I can't say if it's hard or easy there.
You can also look into continuing your studies in that field. If I'm not mistaken there's more openings for historians in academia. That could be your career path.
Do you really need to provide for your siblings now? Or can you put it aside while you continue your education so you have better prospects after? These are the questions you need to ask.
Do you also smoke weed regularly? As harmless and fun as it can be, there is also a negative side to it. I used to smoke up frequently and found it has affected my motivation. It could be the same for you too. Maybe put it off till you sort your shit out.
>>
>>18131338
Yeah, smoked a lot of weed over the past three years. I do need to provide. My brother is in college and the other is working part time, mum is on disability. I just don't know where to look.
>>
Get your teaching certs and go teach middle or high school for a while. If after a year or two you decide you enjoy it then try to get on at a community college. The pay isn't great, but the benefits are usually pretty solid, although it does depend on what state.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.