[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Engagement ring advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1474936030802.jpg (69KB, 1200x645px) Image search: [Google]
1474936030802.jpg
69KB, 1200x645px
>My girlfriend has been dropping hints that she is a ring size "5 or 6"
>I'm think I'm ready to propose...

What size should I get her and how much am I looking at spending?
>>
>>18131204

>she hints that she is a ring size 5 or 6
>what size should i get her?

a 5 or a 6

>how much am i looking at spending?

26 thousand is the average.
>>
>>18131216
Wait, what? 26k?
I thought average was like 3k.
(Not op)
>>
>>18131204
Spend 2-3k at most. Don't finance it if you can avoid it. Don't fall for the huge diamond meme (think quality, not just carat size) and make sure to pick something that's becoming of her.

If you're feeling bold, just ask her to get her ring sizing done. Otherwise get 5 or a 5.5 and resize it later if need be.
>>
>>18131216
26 thousand? What are you smoking? Did you mean 2600?
>>
They say there is a custom to spend the total of three salaries when buying a proposal ring, so If you gain 1k you should spend 3k on the ring
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (25KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
25KB, 323x454px
>getting married
>>
>>18131245
>>18131285

you guys are talking about rings. but rings come with the promise of a wedding.
>>
joke around and have her wear one at walmart...

then go buy her the real thing. Stupid De-beers adverting...
>>
>>18131204
3 months salary is the norm in Canada
>>
American culture is weird
>>
Femanon here.
Depending on your girl, you might not want to spend the excessive money on diamonds. If she's not really a traditionalist, one of your options is to go for something custom-made or unusual. There are tons of ring makers (for example, on Etsy) who can make really interesting and different rings for much less than a standard engagement ring.

Frankly, I think spending that much on a ring is a waste.
>>
>>18131556
Yeah, and dont forget that marrying someone is also a fucking waste. Dont throw your life away, OP. Just dont, holy shit you will be sorry for this, mark my words.
>>
>>18131204
I like the idea of getting rings tattooed onto your finger, its a hell of a lot cheaper and if you are into tattoos it already makes sense. I cant imagine spending more than 2-3K on a ring.. Hopefully I find a girl who likes the tattoo idea or doesnt care about having a ring.
>>
It depends on the girl. If she expects a super expensive ring, then that is what you will need to get. If your girl is less traditional and doesn't care about cost, / just wants something that looks nice, get something from JTV.com and save a bunch of money.

The 3 months salary thing was just an advertising thing by the jewelry companies to make money. Up to you if you want to spend that much.
>>
>>18131204
just borrow one of her rings when she's not wearing it one day and get it sized. one that doesn't amplify her fat chubby fingers either
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
15KB, 236x354px
Save time and money and get one of these so she can lead you around after you get married.
>>
>buying your gf an overpriced shiny rock
>>
>>18131288
That shit is bullshit and diamonds are worthless.... also I make 3k is a month so fuck that shit
>>
Femanon here with a protip. Make sure you size it for her actual ring finger. You can't just just a ring that fits her pointer finger. I did that and now I have a ring that is too big and slips off.

You can get most rings resized but depending on the material, you can't always.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.