[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

get a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

>your dream career
>why
>what have you done to works towards it
>what can you improve on/ any questions you may have

and others offer advice or feedback
>>
>certified massage therapist for a female sports team
>why the fuck do you think (also good money and its relaxing)
>taking classes, doing an internship this summer
>not much else I guess

currently working at a target to help pay the bills and hate it more and more with each day
>>
>>18131246
Nigga you dumb. Just cause you get to touch the women doesn't mean you're gonna bang them. You'll probably just be the creep who gives great massages and goes home sexually frustrated and hides a raging boner all day, because why is athletic woman who plays presumably a professional sport going to pick you over Chad Thundercock.

You didn't think this all the way through.
>>
>>18131179
>Sports broadcasting/production
>Why? It's fun as fuck. News is mind numbingly boring. It's always the same thing. Nothing to ever switch it up unless something is breaking live.
>Spent 4 years in college and joined a club for it. Club turned into a sports arena gig, which turned into minor league baseball, which turned into ESPN3.

Considering going to grad school now to have the chance to work for more networks in a school that's in a better conference/market

Future is looking bright yo
>>
>>18131256
nice implications but no. I want to becuase the hours are good, the pay is good and I find it relaxing as fuck. Put on some trnaquil music and help work out some stress/injuries
yeah getting to massage girls all day is a bonus. either way im doing it and youre not
>>
>>18131270
ill be taking classes this fall for communications (television/movie/radio production) screen writing, directing, editing, sound desgin, ect

how did you like it? I want to get into film making and that seemed a but more grounded then taking film studies at an arts college. I, not even looking for directing specifically, I just want to get a job first and network from there
>>
Getting laid off so I'm back at it this week.

My tip is I go to indeed.com
Ignore EVERYTHING OLDER THAN 24hrs. Filter Out/remove ALL Temp Agencies/employment agencies, they're useless predators. Apply ONLY to brand new listings. Pretend anything older has been flooded.

Last time I did this like 2.5 years ago I had 7 interviews in 7 days.
>>
File: wide shot_00342.png (744KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
wide shot_00342.png
744KB, 960x540px
>>18131179

>your dream career

growing up i wanted anything paranormal, i imagine most kids do, but i took mine ot an extreme. i was in the paranormal section of the library re-reading the same ten books on magic, psychics, loch ness, etc.

as i got older i transitioned into story telling, and found that i liked working on the television format the most.

now i live in los angeles, and for my day job i manage a psychic. by night i work on my own little web series (pic related from my current project).

I should be taking stronger strides towards being a serious writer in TV, as its not like films where you produce independently til you make it big, getting a show requires you to start at the bottom.

but i love managing the psychic, its opened my eyes to realizing i love business management as a whole, not just the paranormal stuff.
>>
>young coffee barista in a cozy local shop
>why? Bc I love serving people, talking to people and helping them solve their problems, and wearing maid-style outfits with aprons
>nothing really, I always feel uncomfortable trying to help people with their problems bc I feel like I'm intrusive
>idk it's a dream and probably won't happen anyways :(
>>
>your dream career
Nothing. I want to be rich and do nothing all my life.
I lie and tell people it's to be an accountant though.

>why
Because I'm lazy, I have no drive to do anything on my own.
Because it makes sense to me and it was the first thing I saw when I opened the career pamphlet of my community college.

>what have you done to works towards it
Going to school so I can make decent money and retire early

>what can you improve on/ any questions you may have
I could have bigger ambitions and become something that makes more money so I can retire even earlier.
>>
File: Meaning in a society.jpg (524KB, 1774x1602px) Image search: [Google]
Meaning in a society.jpg
524KB, 1774x1602px
>>18131179

>Dream career.

Stock investor, generating enough income where I no longer have to work a full time job and pursue side interests, such as writing books , becoming a federal political figure, etc.

>Why
1.) don't like being poor
2.) don't like seeing my family be poor
3.) belief that I am worth more, on a fundamental level, than the current life that I have or that was given to me.

among other things.

>What have you done towards it.
have currently worked for 4 years toward this goal. Worked approximately 80-120 hour weeks for the last several years, (studying is included in that total). (just studied for the past 6 hours in fact.) At minimum i have invested approximately 8,000+ hours and $40,000 toward this goal, not including getting out of a 35k student loan debt in approximately a year and a half working part time at McDonalds and doing factory/foundry work.

Currently slated to be in some sort of retirement (either semi or full) by the end of the year at the latest. Will know at the end of April whether or not I can retire sooner or not. I will be around 28 years old.

>What can i improve on

Physically let myself languish. used to be able to deadlift 400+ for reps, 315+ squats for reps, 250+ bench, etc., for reps at 185 pounds and be able to run 5 miles in under 35 minutes with only 4 hours of sleep.

Have gotten incredibly lazy in basic disciplines, would like to improve on basic disciplines (i sometimes forget to eat while studying or just ignore it, making me pass out while studying, forget to make bed, that kind of thing).

Can give advice if I anyone is interested, it has been a real rough journey. Anybody can point me to some resources for writing well, like a book? I want to codify a life philosophy and need information on philosophers who share similar viewpoints and I need to develop a decent writing style.
>>
>>18131467

hey buddy, no one cares.
>>
>>18131467
>I want to do nothing
>to accomplish that, I will put in a lifetime of hard work and earn money
???
>>
>>18131482
Well if I wanna be rich and do nothing I gotta be rich first. If I'm poor and do nothing it won't be any fun, I'll be working more than I'd be doing nothing.
>>
there is no "DREAM CAREER" anymore.

The baby-boomers shit all over that with their quest for gobbling up any and all opportunities they could burn.
>>
>>18131179
>manager for a celebrity
>great money, get to do/see cool shit all the time
>went to college and double majored in PR and marketing
>4 years into my career as a project manager, which is the standard entry level type of position for any kind of PR or marketing gig
>hope to climb the ranks in the next 15 years and work toward a job as a manager in the entertainment industry.
>>
>>18131554
forgot the last one.

>I could improve my education, but every professor I've ever had told me not to do that until about 10 years into my career, because I won't qualify for top end jobs until I have that much experience. The master's degree will help at that point.
>>
>>18131179
>Either the asshole that makes overedited music videos and shit, or a guy who studys neuroscience independently or with some big trch company
>i like video editing and am really interested in using dreams practically
>nothing. Video editing jobs are memes and uni labs are hell.
>nothing. I'm settling for a quite life since raising a family is more important to me.
>>
>>18131557
Your industry will be destroyed by that point.

Diversify your options. Shun all decisions which limit your options into the distant future in exchange for empty promises of distant maybes.
>>
>esports competitor in a fighting game
>it's all I really care about
>I practice every day but have trouble finding real opponents
>footsies
>>
>Rock 'n Roll Space Ninja
>Because you said dream, nigga, and I dream big
>I can do a push up
>Make better smoke bombs and a jet pack
>>
>>18131179

>english teacher at a school in nepal, fix cars or motorcycles on the side

>weed is de facto legal, people are super friendly, you can ride and hike through the himalayas, teaching creative writing and reading comprehension is fun as shit for me

>i have a masters, ill probably be doing my doctorate in english lit soon, im taking the american public schoolteacher certification test soon

>i honestly really want to learn a trade skill like fixing cars, im also really nervous for my test, it's called the PRAXIS Core, if anyone has any experience with that.
>>
>>18131549
this. they talk about getting jobs and careers like it's so simple because for them it was. tons of people dead from the war, booming economy needing people to work. now it's all automation and needing specific skills not to mention having to know somebody. no more going through the want ads in the local paper and getting insta-hired for a decent wage.
>>
I don't have a dream career. My current job has shown me that I really don't know enough about what I could possibly do with my education, my 'dream career' could be something I would never have thought of.
>>
I'm gonna be a Gundam when I grow up.
>>
>master cheif from halo
>nothing
>nope
>>
>>18131467
Are u and i the same person?
>>
>licking the cum off the machines in the back of a gay sex shop.
>it kicks ass.
>i already have the job.
>>
>>18131467
Are u looking to hire?
>>
>>18131708
Replies to the wrong cunt. I meant to reply to the cum fag.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.