[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need social advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Hacking_Fire_Emblem.png (738KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Hacking_Fire_Emblem.png
738KB, 2560x1600px
>23 years old
>no social media, ever in my entire life
>been playing video games my entire life
>always have been a social outcast, been bullied, known as the "mute"
>puberty hit me really late, noticed I look a bit better, just a bit
>suddenly people are starting to talk to me, always asking for my social media
>scared so avoid social situations and spazz out when people confront me
>girl in my class asked me if I can give a ride to her house
>pretend to be her friend, listening to her for two months know, notice she keeps touching me
>scared to tell her I'm a loner with no friends who played video games for his entire life

What do I do?
How do I make a Snapchat or an Instagram?
What is trending as social media?
Do people still use twitter?
Is Steam considered social media? I have a Steam account.
How do I make friends?
Does having no friends make you seem creepy? What about having no friends on your social media accounts, is there a way to hide this? What do I do?

The questions seem so easy but I get anxiety just thinking about it.
Anyone go through the same thing (specifically)?
Like from becoming a super loner with no friends for 10 years who stays in his room all day to a social acolyte?

Thanks!
>>
Not having social media is uncommon but there's nothing wrong with it. She's not going to drop you because of something ridiculous like that. Or, if she does, she clearly wasn't that interested in the first place.
>>
>>18131025
I just told her I deleted everything and she only has my number, but she texts me everyday.

So people don't really care if you don't have social media?
>>
>>18131020
>falling for the social media meme

>What do I do?
Hide your friends on plebbook, start adding people.

>Does having no friends make you seem creepy?
No it's just considered sad. Just be open to new relationship. Stop analyzing your relation to people. Just get to know them and avoid scumbags.

>Anyone go through the same thing (specifically)?
Yeah I go through it, having no really close friends. But Im handling it different than you. Stop worrying. Take what you get in life.
>>
>>18131020
Do you have a phone? In that case, when they ask, just say "I don't have X, but I could get your phone number"
>>
>>18131029
I have facebook and instagram. But i dont use them. Post maybe once a month. I do use snapchat. I have a twitter, but its for CSGO pros and twitch streamers not for my social life. Just half-lie and talk about your steam friends if she asks(dont tell her they are steam friends tho).
>>
so for instagram do I have to post photos?
what do I take photos of?

is there a chat thing for instagram?
or is it just pictures
>>
>>18131041
>Dress in party clothes
>Close curtains
>Put a strobe light in your room
>Put camera on a stand and a timer
>Stand away from camera against a dark background
>Wave your hand and look at something like your telling a joke
>Do same for all kinds of settings like hiking
>Basically buy a camera and a stand = having friends
>>
>>18131053
so do I need pictures or no?
>>
OP, look, pretending to be active on social media is not worth the time and energy it's going to cost you. This is like a setup for a the worst-ever romcom film. Just don't pretend.
>>
>>18131061
Yes. Take good interesting pictures. A selfie here and there is not bad, though.
>>
You're over thinking it. Yes social media UNFORTUNATELY matters these days. But if someone is going to base your worth on whether you have them or not than fuck that person because they're not worth your time. If you're going to have Instagram or social media that have them because you actually plan on using them not just to appear "normal". Be genuine to who to you are. She obviously likes you for what she sees not because of how many friends you have on Facebook or what you post. Hell..maybe she even likes you because she can tell you're not into that phony shit anyway
>>
>>18131020
Give up.
>>
>>18131075
This shit here, OP.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.