[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Company Money Card

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: fast_food_logos.jpg (115KB, 600x324px) Image search: [Google]
fast_food_logos.jpg
115KB, 600x324px
Hey /adv/, my work came under new managment and they're no longer giving us paper checks. We either get it direct deposited if we have a bank account or they're going to give us some new card they're going to put money on. I don't have bank account and I'm not sure if I want one right now. I don't like the idea of these new cards, something about the cards seems very suspicious. Has anyone had something like this happen to them? What do I do?
>>
>>18130814
that sounds shady as fuck OP.
>>
>>18130814
you can get cash from a check without a bank account?
>>
Why don't you want a bank account?
>>
>>18130814
Yeah that sounds really suspicious. I don't like bank accounts either, but most banks will give you a free account if you do a high enough direct deposit. That payroll card will most likely try to charge you any number of fees to use it. Are you in the US?

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/newsroom/cfpb-bulletin-warns-employers-against-exclusive-use-of-payroll-cards/

Get more information on the card, do more research online. I think you're best off getting an account though, unfortunately. If you opt for the card, remember to get everything in writing.
>>
How can you possibly not have a bank account?
>>
>>18130882
banks r bad, credits cards are for dum dums.

Some people's children are dumb. That is the real answer to your question.
>>
>>18130814
Here should be banka offering free checking accounts in your area. You'll need one later in life.
>>
>>18130829
Exactly, I couldn't give less of a shit about the job. I was thinking about leaving and going to college.
>>
>>18130850
Yeah you just need an ID, go to your local party store and they'll usually cash it. They don't do it for free though, and will take a small cut of like 20 dollars.
>>
>>18130873
It's not that I don't like banks, I'm just still deciding which one to sell my soul to. I'm also still weighing the pros and cons of a bank account versus a credit union.
>>
>>18130881
Yes, I am. I would tell you what the name of that card is but i cannot remember. Post tomorrow maybe it's name.
>>
>>18130886
Firstly, fuck you. Secondly, not everyone likes the idea of digitally storing your money, one fuck up and bam some fat neet not unlike yourself has thousands of dolllars.
>>
>>18130814
I worked at party city and a girl had to get the party city card there. BUT the bank they used wasnt in our state, I forgot the name but there was very few of them around. She went to an ATM to take out money and since her bank wasnt on that ATM's list she took out like 50 bucks and had to pay I think it was 20 or so for a fee. Its not worth it, just go to a bank and get a debit card then link your account to it. Its very easy to do and alot better then paying fees to use your money.
>>
>>18130882
Still deciding which one to go to.
>>
They offer the same shit at my work, and they are not worth it in the slightest. Every time you charge something to that card you have to also pay a fee.

Just get a bank account.
>>
>>18130952
Yeah but that begs the question of which bank should i sell my soul to?
>>
>>18130957
Probably just going to leave and go to college, the job fucking sucks.
>>
>>18130951
That's why banks are insured.. you file a claim and they deal with it, their fault if your shit is hacked into anyway.
>>
>>18130965
My college also has a money card system that they dispense your refunds and shit into kek
>>
>>18130971
Yeah because it always works out so smoothly.
>>
>>18130941
Dude, go for a credit union. Unless you want your money working to make some rich fuck even richer.
>>
>>18130959
It literally doesn't matter. They are all exactly the same, just pick one of the big national ones.
>>
>>18131010
As compelling as your argument is, I'm still going to consider what bank I'm picking.
>>
>>18131019
>>18130993 here
I'm very curious what your arguments AGAINST credit unions are.
>>
>>18131027
I don't know much about them actually, that's why I haven't picked.
>>
My job did the same 3 years ago. Get a bank account. Whether credit union or regular. Their are plenty of banks that offer free checking accounts with debit cards. Go paperless so you dont get charged for bank statements.

I already had a bank account so it was easy for me to transition.
>>
>>18131039
Well, the most important difference between them is that banks are for-profit corporations that serve to enrich the owners, while credit unions are non-profit organisations that give back to the communities in which they're based.

If you're just looking at the difference it'll make to you, personally, the answer is very little. You do occasionally hear about banks who try to sell their customers products & services that they don't really need. On the other hand, banks are generally more widespread and can be more convenient for you, depending on where you live. But they both offer chequing accounts, savings accounts, RRSPs, credit cards, whatever. If you care about your community and think that enormous wealth inequality is a problem, go for a credit union. If you don't really care, then pick whichever. But I really cannot think of a reason to pick a bank over a credit union unless there literally is no credit union in your area.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.