[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OMG a thread not related to girls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>set plans to meet friends in denver for Wings/Avs game tonight, 3/15
>Book flight on spirit weeks ago, paid $210 or so
>today, sitting at gate waiting for flight to board
>get an email
>read email "dear fuckwad, we are either delaying or cancelling your flight"
>realize everyone else is reading the same email
>gate-wide 'wtf' faces and underbreath grumbling
>display screen at gate still says flight: on time though
>10 min later, announced on PA the flight is cancelled
>entire A320's worth of pissed-as-fuck people now standing at the Spirit office, out the door and around the corner
>word spreads that theres nothing else anyone can do today to get there, everything tomorrow is full, and their next flight is friday morning
>one employee comes around and says 'if you'd like to take a refund and leave, give me your ticket and youre all set' so I do
>go check other counters... delta, united, southwest, etc... if anyone can get me to denver. nope.
>wind up just getting an uber home.

What would you do? Obviously booking another flight now is going to cost me a fuckton because its last minute and I'm not paying $700 to go to denver for 2 days.

Should I call up Spirit and bitch up a storm and get them to pay for the extra cost of booking with someone last minute? I dunno what my realistic options are.
>>
I always believed last minute flights are more expensive until more than two people reassured me that they are actually cheaper.
So, are you sure that they will be more expensive?
>>
>>18130766
last minute flights can either be extremely expensive or extremely cheap, it depends on if you get lucky or not. airlines will often practically give away tickets to a flight that isn't booked up.
>>
>>18130771
>>18130787
from what I saw, the last-minute thing is a myth (according to some sites talking about when best times to buy tickets are)

this seems to be confirmed looking through the various online ticket search vendors. I put in that I wanted to head out there tomorrow and thats what I got

I suppose I could call around tomorrow morning and see if theres anything super-ultra last minute
>>
Just got off the phone with Spirits customer line

basically the jist was "you have to go in and talk to spirit personnel at the airport. you cant call us, you cant call them, you have to physically be there. tough noogies and good luck"
>>
>>18130950

This. And whenever a problem like this happens, be respectfull but dont leave the gate without a resolution.
>>
>>18130980
>dont leave the gate till its resolved
as it turns out hindsight is better than 20/20

unfortunately i dont fly much and ive never been in this situation.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.