[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paying for W2 form

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: W2_2008.jpg (131KB, 862x542px) Image search: [Google]
W2_2008.jpg
131KB, 862x542px
My former employer (Circle K) is making me pay $12 for my W2 form. They don't mail or fax it unless I request it, so it's not like it got lost in the mail or I lost it. IMO the 1st one should be free. I could see if there's a single use link (maybe for security or something), then I lose the PDF, and then they charge me for a new link... ...Or maybe even if I request to be mailed or faxed. But no, they're straight up charging me $12 for my W2. All other places I've ever worked has always provided at least one copy each year for free. Is this legal? How can I get them to lower the charge if it is?

Just for the record, the reason I'm JUST NOW getting to my taxes, is because it's been a PITA dealing with this company. To top it off, my current job has me working the same hours HR is open. I've finally made it to the download link but now they're asking for a bank card number.
>>
>>18130507

That sounds sketchy af, they mail that shit to you for free.

I used to work graves at a place called Four Sons, and all the graves kind of new each other. Employees would hop companies, come back and chat etc. By and large, Circle K was considered literal cancer.

Do not work there, if someone out there is considering it.
>>
>>18130507
it is not legal
they are required by federal law to give you your w2 before jan 31
>>
>>18130520
>they mail that shit to you for free.
They're going "paperless" or whatever. But still, they should give at least one opportunity to obtain it free-of-charge. ...you know, like a PDF I can download online (but are still charging me for some reason). I'm giving HR one chance to explain why they're charging me money for my W2. I'm calling only one time. If I'm "disconnected" even only once, or redirected more than twice; that's it. Game over. I'm fucking going straight to the IRS and telling them what's happening. I don't have time for this bull shit. It'd probably be cheaper for me to ignore this shit now and just pay the penalties later. Yes I'm going to put this call through my sound card to record whatever bull shit non-sense circle K HR tells me.

>considered literal cancer.
I see why.
>>
>>18130507
They have to mail it that to you. It's illegal to charge you for it in any way. You can either roll over and pay the $12 because you are sick of it, or start raising a stink about it, a strong stink, if you have the time and call and email everyone you can on this company from your former manager to corporate. Make sure they spend hundreds if not thousands in the man hours you are going to put them through. Hell, see if you can get someone to do some legal work for you. This class action shit gets a lot of whistles wet, if you factor every circle k employee times 12, plus a penalty, a little illegal payroll deductions by a massive corporate entity, just might go somewhere.
>>
>>18131332
>It's illegal to charge you for it in any way.
do you know of any bill numbers or tax codes off the top of your head? If not then it's fine. I mostly just want to know for when I confront HR, before calling the IRS and when/if I consult with an attorney. Yes I have connections who'd potentially help me raise a legal shit-storm for Circle K over this. The main reason I'm asking here is because I want a 2nd opinion about this ordeal before I go running to those connections; avoiding looking like an idiot.

I mean if Circle K gave me a copy, and then I go and lose it like a dumb ass, and they charge me for a 2nd copy, then fine. Maybe I should get my shit together and stop losing things. But I didn't lose it; I never even received it.

>You can either roll over and pay the $12
Fuck that.

>start raising a stink about it, a strong stink
Fuck yea I am.

>class action shit
>if you factor every circle k employee times 12
and this is part of the reason why I'll probably be raising a big stink. Assuming this isn't some kind of glitch, hundreds of thousands of people (probably more like millions) are getting ripped off each year. This is bull shit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.