[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr How do I resign from my job? Is a resignation email ok?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1347757532039.jpg (293KB, 983x881px) Image search: [Google]
1347757532039.jpg
293KB, 983x881px
tl;dr How do I resign from my job?

Is a resignation email ok? Should I give my boss a warning or something or just email him it out of the blue? It seems abrupt but I'm probably overthinking it.

>Long form,
So I've talked it over with my therapist and decided to quit my job.
I'm that part time night auditor who posts here sometimes if anyone remembers my shit.

-Autistic and people stress me out really bad
-On disability
-Working two nights a week doubles my income, but the job is making me super depressed and anxious (I can get into the reasons if someone wants)

I'm gonna look for a new job, one without customers but not sure how to properly leave this job. Looking ahead, what do you guys do for work and how do you like it? Terrible? Ok? Love it?
>>
File: 1347508002958.jpg (20KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1347508002958.jpg
20KB, 225x225px
Bump
>>
>>18130150
I don't know about other countries, but in the US, it's customary to give 2 weeks notice, preferably in writing. Be sure you tell them your last day of work in your letter.
>>
>>18130277
Is an email ok or is that unprofessional?
>>
>>18130286
So long as you're sure they'll see it in a timely manner, then email should be fine.
>>
>>18130292
Can I get a second opinion?
>>
>>18130391
Seconding the 2 weeks notice. Just do it in person or email. If you know how to receive a read receipt, do that so you know your boss got it. It'll be weird if it's sudden, unless your workplace is lax, so think of a simple tell-all excuse for leaving.
>>
>>18130408
Thanks

Is it generally ok to add-on at the bottom of the email as a PS. "Would you mind if I listed you as a reference and got a recommendation on Linked In?"
>>
>>18130423
That's fine

People come and go at most jobs, it's really not a big deal. Unless your manager is crazy, they won't take it personally
>>
File: Capture.png (26KB, 586x303px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
26KB, 586x303px
>>
>>18130423
You can, but I prefer a real-deal letter of recommendation, none of that social network crap.
>>
>>18130423
If you're planning on doing that then I would at least include something about how you enjoyed the job or appreciated the opportunity, and how you regret you have to leave. Even if it's not exactly true, it'll put them in a better mood and make them more receptive to such requests.

Personally I think it's better to ask those questions in person though, I don't know your position, but if you think you'll see your boss before leaving the company, I would ask that question then, he's probably more likely to respond positively
>>
>>18130448
>If you're planning on doing that then I would at least include something about how you enjoyed the job or appreciated the opportunity
I did though.

>if you think you'll see your boss before leaving the company, I would ask that question then, he's probably more likely to respond positively
I very rarely see him and won't see him before leaving most likely. I work nights.
>>
>>18130458
I didn't see your email before posting that.

What you've proposed should be fine then, I see nothing wrong with including that in the email since you're unlikely to see him in person.
>>
kid at my minimum wage job gave my boss a two weeks notice, my boss went ham and fired him early after yelling at him. weird since the kid worked there for 3 years.
>>
>>18130486
Your boss is crazy or an asshole
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.