[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LDR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Airplane-Heart-Trail4.png (18KB, 896x330px) Image search: [Google]
Airplane-Heart-Trail4.png
18KB, 896x330px
>21 old, studying abroad, graduating in june
>met a 17 old girl in january during my holiday, she is still in high school
>real good fit for my character, great looking imo and into me a lot
>we fell in love and decided to go for a long distance
>We live 3 hours apart by plane but I have stuff to do for uni so I cannot really skip that much
>have plans on meeting up every 2-3 weeks for about a week at a time
>she is suffering from clinical depression
>said I was the thing keeping her feeling happy atm
>it's all perfect when I am with her but once I am abroad she struggles a lot
>she seems loyal, tells me everything about her day without me asking
>very interested in me so I really want that to work out
>However, she said that when I am away she does not feel me like a real person, just a voice in her phone.
>I've send her flowers, letters but what else can I do to make her feel better about the time that we are not together?
>Also, knowing each other for less than 2 months I feel a huge guilt that I give her such a hard time.
>>
>>18129558
I don't know man, regardless of your current situation, she has 4 years of college to go and you're about to start your full time job. That's 4 more years of LDR, and you'll be working 40 hours a week
>>
>>18129588

I could easily find a job in her city since I am originally from there. I went abroad for my education.
>>
>>18129605
Sure, then do that. Tell her to hold out for 2.5 months. All you can do is wait.
>>
>>>18129605

The thing is that my expected wage is about 2 times less than here, so I would only do it for the work experience and happiness I guess, but I don't know if that's the right thing to do.
>>
>>18129618
Here's some advice I received when I left my girlfriend back home and went to college a few states away: do what's best for yourself first. If it's any consolation, I'm graduating in May and I'm engaged to her. It can work out, but don't seriously compromise yourself for someone you haven't known long.
>>
>>18129630
>>18129607

Thanks for the advice! I guess 2-3 years of work experience related to my field would only help me in the future, regardless of where I get that experience. If I want to emigrate, I still could do that if things do not work out with us. I was just worrying because I suddenly changed my plans because of that girl, not to the extend of dropping out on college but in a different way.
>>
>>18129644
LDR here.
There is not much you can do but offer support. Try texting or calling randomly to remind her how much you care, basically show her she is a priority to you. LDR sucks because communication is all you have to make up for everything you're not able to do. Be open, talk about your feelings no matter how hard or annoying it is, voice fears and concerns. Seriously LDR boils down to very open communication and trust.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.