[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help saving parents marriage (temporarily)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: g6q9Axbz_400x400.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
g6q9Axbz_400x400.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
>23, still live with parents
>parents have been on the brink of divorce since I've been born, fighting for as long as I remember
>it's been getting worse and worse over time
>they've been talking about divorcing for real, but this also happened and passed last year
>long story short NEED them to patch up within two months so they can take a necessary trip to home country
>what happens after doesn't really matter, they are 10000% a lost cause in terms of truly reconciling
>father: unpredictable, basically flies off rails if you disagree with anything he ever says, holier-than-thou lectures that ramble until recipient can't take it anymore
>mother: mental maturity of 10 year old, can't take criticism and is nitpicky to the point of possibly being on the spectrum
>I'm the only one who'd they listen to, but at same time I can't tell father he's irrational to the point of having dementia and can't tell my mother her mental age is still on the clock

Anyways, please give me guidance. They need to take this trip. I've tried to condense background s much as possible.
>>
Why do they need to take this trip, and why do they need to take it together?
>>
>>18128949
My long distance GF is visiting. We didn't start as long distance and being apart is killing us. It would not be comfortable to have either of them in the house, they never leave. I can't move out within two months, I'm still saving.
>>
>>18128955
But it's their house...? They can be there if they want
>>
>>18128955
You are an awful little bitch.

Just get a motel room.
>>
>>18128955
If you have extended family in your home country - fill them in on your parents' issues and have the extended family pitch the trip to them as a way to reconnect with each other and save their marriage.
>>
>>18128944
Same boat bro.
>be 23
>living with dad and step mom
>been together for 6 years
>at each others necks all the time
>my dad wants her to move out

Ive tried to counsel them and basically give them an intervention, it didnt do shit. If your dad is losing it try and convince him that leaving is the best option. Worst case scenario you wind up in a bachelor pad with your dad.
>>
>>18129053
lol, he's not concerned about his parents staying together for their well being. He wants them to go on a trip together in a few months so he can turn their house into a fuck pad for him and his long distance girlfriend.
>>
>>18129053
Did you even read all of OP's post? Or even just the title?
>>
>>18129062
I've been living with them and trying to help since birth, anon. I gave up a long time ago. You would too.
>>
>>18129090
I don't think it's bad that you want them to get a divorce, I think it's bad that you want them to hold off until after you've fucked your girlfriend. You're 23. Get a fucking handle on yourself.
>>
>>18129095
This exact same situation happened in 2016 where my mother even told me to help find a divorce lawyer. It's boy who cried wolf and I'm just making sure it's not really the wolf this time.

It may be another phase again, but since so much is riding on her visit this time (tickets already bought, ditto for parents) just wanna make sure nothing goes wrong.
>>
>>18129107
I just don't understand what the fuck is wrong if your parents are there. Who gives a shit?
>>
>>18129111
My father being unpredictable also extends to me. Speaking to him or being around him is legitimately dangerous, so I haven't spoken much to him in weeks. He never leaves the house; the farthest he usually goes is from couch to bathroom

My mother doesn't leave me alone. She'll just stand there and watch me brush my teeth. She's most autistic toward me

If they don't leave, then I should basically cancel my gf's tickets (who's coming for a month). This is not an environment anyone should have to be in. But our relationship is really suffering from being apart, just really need to spend quality time together. And again, we did NOT start as long distance
>>
>>18129128
Uh, why don't you just find her a motel or AirBnB for her to stay in?

And how did you not factor this in when you booked the tickets?
>>
>>18129131
If your girlfriend were visiting you for a month, why even bother if she can't stay at your place? Unfortunately I've failed at life and still live with my parents at 23. I didn't expect things to get this bad now of all times, everything seemed neutral lately
>>
>>18129062
>>18129064
Sorry Im drunk
>>
>>18129140
>why even bother if she can't stay at your place?
Uh, if the choice was between her staying somewhere else but still being able to see her and her not coming at all, of course I'd fucking bother.

>Unfortunately I've failed at life and still live with my parents at 23.
That's not where you've failed at life. The part where you've failed at life is having fucked up priorities and not giving a shit about your parents despite them putting a roof over your head when they don't have to.
>>
>>18129152
I can't afford to put her up somewhere, and she can't either. This is a couple desperately in love and who need to see each other, but no money or other practical options.

Like I said, I did give a shit but I gave up a long time ago. They're a lost cause. If you saw them fight just once you'd agree
>>
>>18128955
>still saving
A motel costs like 40 dollars.
You are a 23 year old man.
Ask your parents for money if you are straight poor and suck it up.
>>
>>18129172
>I can't afford to put her up somewhere, and she can't either.
So split the cost, get a job or whore her out. Or, you know, learn to fucking budget and plan shit like this better. Also I hope you know you're either going to lose the money or have to forfeit some of it as a cancellation fee if you cancel the trip.

>This is a couple desperately in love
You can't be THAT desperately in love if you're willing to cancel the whole trip just because she can't stay at your place.

>They're a lost cause. If you saw them fight just once you'd agree
I have no doubt that they're a lost cause. But you didn't make a thread about getting them to split, you made a thread about making them stay together.
>>
>>18129172
>desperately in love
It sounds like you are more desperately in lust and just want to bang her.
If you were desperately in love then there wouldn't be an issue with her staying at your parents place because you would both understand.

You really deserve for this trip to fall apart. It sounds like you don't have any motivation to do anything with your life and are suffering the consequences. If I was in your shoes I would be saving money like mad and spending $1800 on a month at the extended inn would be expensive but fiscally possible.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.