[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanting kids while being young

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1427545931322.jpg (68KB, 546x550px) Image search: [Google]
1427545931322.jpg
68KB, 546x550px
Hey guys, I'm a 21 year old male, to start off with.

I see videos of families and dads with their sons at baseball games and fishing and stuff, or I'll see posts on facebook of couples wlecoming their new child, and I can't help but want that.

I want kids, about 6, and I want to teach my sons good values and lessons of life.

That type of father son love, it's something I look forward, a lot.

I wouldn't want to knock up some girl right now, that's just irresponsible, but honestly if it accidentally happened, I would be happy.

I have so many things to share and I want to give my children a great life.

Is this weird for a 21 yr old guy to feel? People think I'm weird for it, but it's not like I want kids now, I just wish to be at that point in life where I am financially ready.
>>
>>18128572

Same deal here. In my estimation, society has largely forgotten to actually parent their kids - instill values; teach lessons, etc. They just give their progeny a roof and food and call it a day and leave their kids to entertain themselves on a pc or phone all day. And then you get depressed anxious confused entitled purposeless people.

When I'm going to have kids, I'm going to go full jedi master on them and train the shit out of them. Teach them about life; give them important skills; make them capable and good human beings. And I'm going to love it.

Our parents had kids in their early 20's. Most of human history had people having kids before 20. This 'wait till 30'; extended-irresponsible-childhood business is a distinctly new development in Western society specifically. It's not necessary.

If you have the economic stability and power, I say fucking go for it.

But that's the real trick, isn't it? Living is expensive as fuck, and supporting a family even more so.

Tl;dr: you're not weird. It's a good ambition. Make it your life goal and do it well.
>>
>>18128572
Not weird at all. Not as common as it used to be, but that's neither here for there.
>>
>>18128572
25 year old here, met a great girl a few years back while we both were lifeguards at our local pool. I knocked her up and we got married and currently have a 2 year old daughter. Now, we both happen to be Christian so we get along pretty great and our life isn't perfect but we are a very happy family, but just know that I got EXTREMELY lucky (thanks Jesus). You could knock up some girl and it could possibly ruin you, at least financially, for up to and possibly longer than 18 years. Don't get me wrong, a loving family is great, but just don't do anything irresponsible. I'd tell you to just live you're life and if it happens it happens, but you probably want some advice on wherected to look. Ok, start going to Christian churches, try a few out, find one you like, go there every Sunday, get involved with the church, I guarantee you'll find a nice Christian girl. They are the best wife material.
>>
>>18128572
This mental image of fatherhood that you've created in your head is very selective, leaving out all of the less appealing aspects of fatherhood.>>18128572
>>
>>18128572

>Six kids
>Assuming you have the money, which you probably don't unless you've come into family money
>Sons, assuming you don't have all girls
>Pretending your kids want to play baseball, or spend a weekend fishing, instead of playing their videogames or watching TV
>Pretending you're going to be the exception to the rule where you have all of the time in the world and that your kids are going to love your ideas

You've got this super idealized version of what having kids is. Most people are exhausted by one or two, and in all likelihood, your kids won't be anything particularly special, especially if you have to spend time between six kids and a job.
>>
Real life parenthood isnt a fucking 10 minute clip from some feel good movie.
>>
>>18128572
It depends on your culture. Mexican and Russians feel this way a lot. Personally I am a dissociative American jerk and I just like studying things and being left alone with books, cats, and beer.

So all in all, you are probably more normal than me.
>>
>>18129003
I'm Russian.

>>18128827
I believe raising a large family is my duty, and will take what the Lord gives me.

>>18128784
I'm a traditional catholic, so I see plenty of white girls who want to marry, but they're all 16. So that's a no go.

>>18128815
Yeah, true. I don't feel like kids are all rainbows, but the moments I highlighted make it seem like it will make those bad moments worth it.

>>18128831
Could you elaborate? What was your hardest struggles with it?
>>
I live in Baltimore. Tons of morons shit out 6 plus kids from 5 diffrent dads here.

The fact that you actaully want kids and consider your economic sitaution prior to having kids means you'll be fine. Its not rocket science. Parenting is just a "figure it out as you go" kind of deal.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.