[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It just hit me today that my life was empty. I talk to people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1489345906669.jpg (80KB, 500x741px) Image search: [Google]
1489345906669.jpg
80KB, 500x741px
It just hit me today that my life was empty. I talk to people and learn they used to be good at some sports, graphic design, whatever. I wasn't. I only always kinda liked things. Kinda liked basketball, kinda liked stage plays, kinda liked to sail. A year or two and that's it. Only thing that's permanent throughout my life was struggling to make a video game. Still haven't released a single one. I'm interested in many things, technical more often than not, but I didn't really commit to one thing. I feel like an incredible fuckup and I'm barely 22. Is it really so bad that I don't have this one single thing I mastered? I feel like my interests are not legitimate. I feel like I am not a legitimate person even though I'm not a NEET, I'm productive, have some goals and plans for future. I wanted to ask my friend out for a long time, but whenever I'm close to bringing myself to it I feel like nobody would be interested in such empty person as me.

How do I stop this? I had a moment where my ex was literally all my interests but that's long gone. I don't think I am a fuckup, but I feel like it. What do? Does anyone have a similar problem?
>>
OP, your problems aren't simply that you can't commit and that you never mastered anything. Firstly, I don't recommend being in a relationship as you are, because to master being with someone, you have to master being on your own.

Secondly, I want you to describe your day to me. When you get up, what do you do? Tell me everything. Even when you eat.
>>
>>18128159

I used to be the same way when I was your age (32 now). Don't get into a relationship, if your not happy with your life as is then work to change it. Find things that interest you and do them at least once a week. Actually find a couple of things, the more the better. Even simple shit like learning to cook, find ways to learn things. It's also not just trying new things, but trying to have a more positive attitude in general. Work into it, don't go overboard or you'll just stress yourself out.

You'll have more things to talk about and you'll actually feel good talking about them.

I wish I had taken that advice, I wasted years feeling like you do. Plus all the not great relationships I lingered in because I wasn't happy but couldn't see a better way.
>>
>>18128172
>>18128222

I get up, I shower, usually bike to uni to go attend lectures. I eat breakfast on weekends or if lectures begin late. When I'm back I usually work on assignments. If not - I'm working on my current game project. Or if I'm really tired and nothing works I kill some time watching letsplays. I know how to cook and like it. Before this semester I'd often spontaneously meet with my friend and go to cinema, but lately amount of uni work drained us both and we just don't meet much outside of classes. I attend extracurricular lectures, am learning python and soon I'll be having a group project to work on. I'm a coauthor on a research paper and generally have my days pretty busy. It gives me satisfaction and I don't feel like I don't have enough to talk about. I'm looking into things that interests me. I'm learning new tricks for gamedev, learning new coding languages, trying out new recipes in the kitchen. I think I'm doing pretty good being on my own. I have been on my own for a year now and I feel happy about my days. It's just that I am not really happy about my past that I cannot change. I sometimes wish I was someone completely different, my life went another way, and so on. But when it's not one of those episodes I feel pretty good about myself and how my life is going. I just want to stop coming up with reasons to delegitimise myself
>>
>>18128289

Yeah honestly you're doing way better than most of the population. Learn from your past and move on, there's no point in dwelling on it. I wasted a lot of time being an addict and a generally shitty human being.
>>
Sometimes you read this shit and just have to roll your eyes. Fuckin /adv/ man
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.