[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What college course to attend to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: newton.jpg (195KB, 847x565px) Image search: [Google]
newton.jpg
195KB, 847x565px
Hello, /adv/.

When I was in my senior year in High School I started to study psychology so I could better understand myself. I had contact with buddhist psychology, esoteric currents, jungian and some Freud. Hence I joined a psychology course where I live (which is Rio de Janeiro).

As some of you may know, Brazil is in some sort of political and financial upheaval. My teachers are not receiving their payment, and this has been for a little more than six months. So they're on a worker's strike and the college is not functioning.

But I've joined psychology out of self interest, and not so much out of love for the possibility of working with it. I still like psychology, but so that I may better understand myself and people around me, not as something I would like to work with.

Since I'm not studying in college, I've been studying stuff at home. Mostly, computer-related. Linux and programming, at most, but I've got a lot of passion for geometry. Thing is, I also like languages. I study Hebrew, and I would find it interesting to be a teacher of Portuguese.

The thing is, Physics and everything related to it gives me the bombs, I love everything related to it, and it is related to almost everything I study on my on my free time. But I find it weird, the idea of becoming a physics professor. Yet, as I may enjoy the idea of being a professor in Portuguese, the course itself doesn't give me that much wonder.

So I'm in doubt.

What do you think?
>>
So you like a lot of subjects in school, but are you sure you want to be a professor? You could be a translator from English to Portugese, or apply to some other job that involves physics
Just some thoughts
>>
>>18128117
I think teaching is what I would like to do the most. I teach English in a course in my city and all. I love it, I just think English isn't the ultimate subject for me to enjoy.

But no, I don't rule out other possibilities.
>>
>Physics and everything related to it gives me the bombs
If you have an enormous passion for physics, then you just might be the perfect person to teach that (as you mentioned you like teaching). I'd say as long as passion drives you, this would be your best shot.
And if that doesn't work, do not stress this out, try something else. You have plenty of time to start again.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.