[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think a new job might pull me out of my depression? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: asscryed.jpg (252KB, 644x660px) Image search: [Google]
asscryed.jpg
252KB, 644x660px
Do you think a new job might pull me out of my depression?

I'm interviewing for a full-time graphic design position. It's not super-demanding, and the pay isn't great, but I'm hoping I get it. It'll be way better than working at the airport.

Bonus: Any interview tips?
>>
>>18127944
Also trying to get into the graphic design industry here. After screwing up a few interviews so far, I'd say rehearse the interview beforehand with commonly asked questions and bring a portfolio of work that is targeted specifically to the job.
>>
>>18127990
Yeah, it's nothing big but I may like it.
>>
>>18127944
A change is good, depending. But being that you are pursuing, and seeking more, shows that you are willing to pull yourself up. This change can help very much.

Check out some interview videos on youtube. Mock interviews and strategies on.

All the best and good luck!!
>>
>Do you think a new job might pull me out of my depression?
I think so. I've lost my job 5 months ago and I know that's responsible for my current semi-depression. That missing purpose, loss of income, and inability to be self sufficient is a terrible feeling.

If a job doesn't help with your depression it'll at least give you money to search for other things to help.
>>
>>18127944
it can help, nothing will cure your depression, just help you with it.
>>
>>18127944
Here's some good interview tips.

When the person that is interviewing you asks you what else you can do, tell them that you can get rid of ghosts, and if they reply "but we don't have any ghosts here", tell them "you're welcome".
>>
>>18127944
Sure, having some structure and goals are good.

Interview tips? Dress as nice as possible, make it clear that you are dedicated to growing and doing your best. Never speak poorly of an old job or boss.
>>
>>18127944
When they ask for your biggest weakness, say you're too sexy.
>>
>>18127944
What's the position for?
>>
>>18128688
I'll try this once I'll go to a job interview
mark my words
>>
>>18129519
In-house graphic designer at a t-shirt printer.

I don't know how many people applied, but I hope I get it. If not, I guess it's back to filling out applications.
>>
>>18130445
You can doit.
>>
yes, back in 2008 I was like absolutely depressed/abandoned by an ex. it spurned me to do the best interview ever. I worked at that job for almost 5 years before I was laid off. It helps.
>>
>>18131523
In 2009 my wife drowned, but a new joob at Startbucks helped me
>>
File: smug.jpg (10KB, 264x282px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
10KB, 264x282px
>>18127944
Ha no. This ride only ends when you die, little man!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.