[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I break up? or get confidence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1483913506542.png (334KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1483913506542.png
334KB, 640x464px
my girlfriend is better than me on almost everything and a small part if me wants to leave her to save my confidence. should I leave her or work on my confidence? she really doesn't want to leave me.
>>
>>18127852
Seeing the relationship as a competition of who's the most awesome isn't a very productive perspective and will only lead to jealousy and resentment. Rather than seeing it as you vs her, try and view the relationship as the two of you vs the world. It's a team effort, and you both have strengths to bring to the table. But, more importantly, in a relationship if one of you succeeds, both of you succeed. It's not a competition of who can win the most
>>
>>18127867
Do this and stop being a little bitch. Otherwise someone else will take your place who'll appreciate it more than you or just pump n dump your princess.
>>
>>18127867
I'll do that. but how do I gain more confidence? even when others like her say i do do good in something I have trouble believing it. I'm even afraid to try things because I think I'll fail, even when it's important, like a job application (I have trouble doing it quickly, it takes an eternity because I'm unsure of how to write things to make myself look smart and perfect). I always tried to make myself perfect but I hate that it's impossible
>>
>>18127884
Try to look at yourself more objectively. So like if you do or say something and you think it's stupid, try and ask yourself if you would judge another person as harshly as you would yourself. Try to be more forgiving towards yourself. To me, life isn't about trying to achieve perfection, it's more about trying to grow a little every day, and the direction you grow in will change and that's okay
>>
>>18127884
And as for the job applications, pretty much everyone stresses over the wording of things. It gets easier to do applications the more you do them and the more you get rejected. I've had two jobs in my entire life and 5 interview offers despite about 70 applications
>>
>>18127902
I'll be honest sometimes I feel like I don't have a eight to be happy if I get rejected from things like chorus
>>18127910
I know how you feel, is it normal for an 18 year old like me to have been rejected from jobs over 50 times and only worked 3 jobs? (2 of which is seasonal, and I messed up by getting there late often. they didn't hire me for full year.)
>>
>>18127852
bump
>>
>>18127852
Quit being a little bitch and fix yourself. It's not her fault you suck. Get good mate
>>
>>18127852
you need to let her help you
don't let insecurities fuck up what sounds like a very good thing
>>
>>1818469
why must you be an ass what did I do to you
>git gud
keep /v/ in /v/. although you make a fair point
>>18128490
well my parents don't like her. I can't help but not be insecure. I want to be perfect on every way so NO ONE can say anything bad about me
>>
There are no people better than one another, just those who are more satisfied.

You are unsatisfied with yourself, so work on the areas you can improve.
>>
>>18129666
but other per seem to be ahead in life than others
>>
>>18130146
people*
>>
>>18130146
Honestly, comparing yourself to other people is the easiest way to get depressed. Everyone else seems great because most people keep the bad stuff quite and shout about the good stuff.

Pro-tip, most people are dumber than they look and have some problems in their life they're dealing with at the moment as well.

Just list down a few things that's good about how you are at the moment. Such as; you have a girlfriend, you're still young, are you in shape at the moment?

As for job stuff, companies don't like hiring young people for shit so expect a shit ton of rejections, if you want to increase your success rate then put some work in on your CV, get a professional to look it over and rework it a few times until they have no more major criticism of it. You've got your whole life ahead of you to improve so chin up mate.
>>
>>18130216
you're right, thanks man. I'm a teeny bit chubby but I've been fixing my diet and exercise recently. I'm good at acting, getting better at drawing, and im not bad at video games. my girlfriend may not practice formally, but she's a better singer than me. honestly I was a little jealous of that but I got over it. people here said I have some potential. I need to make more of a routine, push myself and do what I like. I need to slow down on fapping. I also need to apply for college financial aid
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.