[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Restraining order trial coming up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2288.jpg (97KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2288.jpg
97KB, 500x720px
Please forgive me for breaking any rules, I'm panicking right now and I need help

>have trial on Monday for restraining order from crazy ex
>during restraining order, she blackmailed me into talking to her saying that she would kill herself or call the police if I didn't talk to her
>have no proof of this

What can I do? Is there anything I can do? I live in Massachusetts if that helps any
>>
>>18127728
Bump, please fucking help me
>>
You're fucked if you don't have evidence, especially if she never actually attempted suicide
>>
>>18127742
Please
>>
You'll need a lawyer.

Is she getting one against you? Or her?

In Massachusetts there's two types, 209a and 258e.

209A - Only if you're married, have kids with them, or related, and you or her would only need one case with proof of threat or act of physical violence.

258e: Anti-Harassment: Can be against anyone (so this is likely the one in your situation).

In a 258e, the person who is taking it out has to proof that another person harrased them THREE different times, and it has to have resulted in fear of physical harm, documented act of physical harm taking place.

I just re-read. If she got a restraining order against you, and you contacted her, you fucked up. You should have taken screenshots and alerted the police that she was trying to contact you so you could go to court and have it vacated. There's absolutely no way she could have gone to the police and they could have forwarded it to the DA.

So, now would be the ideal time to look for lawyer. If you pay, I'm sure they wouldn't mind squeezing you into their schedule, but searching for a one who will take it on pro-bono would be harder given the short period of time.

Can you give more details?
>>
>>18127773
What more can I say? I mean I do have witnesses to the messages and her threats but I don't have the messages themselves
>>
>>18127813
Were they on snapchat?

Does she have proof that you ever talked to her?

If you talked to her but no she won't have evidence (no screenshots, no calls, etc) deny it.
>>
>>18127830
(Oy disregard all the typos please)

I live in Massachusetts. What city is this in?

Don't worry, this happens all the time, every single day. Restraining orders are given out like candy. You're not alone.
>>
>>18127728
Now? Jack shit. What you should have done was called your attorney, then the police to report the incident, then had your attorney send a letter to whatever judge your hearing would be in front of explaining the incident.
>>
>>18127830
>>18127833

Snapchat and Instagram, and I checked snapchat and there were no more saved messages but I don't know about Instagram because I know you can delete pictures you send for everyone but I'm not sure about regular messages. I live in New Bedford by the way

We used to go to school together and the school resource officer dealt with her a lot and she made a lot of false accusations on me, and I had reported that she had attempted to reach me through a third party

The restraining order was put on me while I was 17 and now I'm 18 if that helps any
>>
>>18127886
Have you ever tried appealing it?

A lawyer could easily bring that to a higher court and win.

You're allowed to bring witnesses to a restraining order hearing, so try to do that; especially with school officials and anyone who knows her history.

As long as you left a paper trail. Go back to the police station and request a copy of a report you filed with her trying to contact you.

Also with Instagram you're allowed to unsend messages but try to take screenshots and print out any messages she sent that might suggest she's really not in any danger.
>>
>>18127901
I haven't tried appealing it and I deleted all the messages because I didn't have any sort of foresight. I can definitely get the SRO as a witness and maybe her ex-best friend who my ex told everything.
>>
>>18127915
Idk if you're still able to, but I suggest you contact a lawyer and they can contact the local court to set a notice of appeal.
>>
>>18127966
I will try, thank you
>>
>>18127728
this is why you dont put your dick in crazy
good luck, anon. youre going to need it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.