[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saving my mom's text messages on my PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: bnb-mom2.gif (16KB, 500x226px) Image search: [Google]
bnb-mom2.gif
16KB, 500x226px
My mom passed away last Sunday. I want to save her text messages on my computer as well as her voicemail messages she left on my phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I'm having trouble saving her text messages. There's apps that save texts as .xml files, but I want to save the entire length of the conversation exactly the way it looks on my phone.

Is there a way of doing this?

Should I even be doing this? I've been trying to decide whether to do this or not. Seeing these texts kill me with depression. But I don't want to regret years from now not saving these.

I miss my mom badly and I"ll give up everything just to talk to her one last time.
>>
File: them feels bro.jpg (21KB, 560x516px) Image search: [Google]
them feels bro.jpg
21KB, 560x516px
I'll bump, OP. This is one of the few legit /adv/ threads.

It's a tough decision saving everything. On one hand, you can remember the sweet memories, on the other, like you stated, it only provides misery, but I think that's because your wounds are for fresh.

Give it some time, sober up, then you know what to do.
>>
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, OP. I couldn't even begin to imagine what pain you must be going through.

If it were me, I would definitely save the conversations. Put them somewhere safe. (hidden folder, Flash drive/external HDD, etc) When you feel that you're ready to read them again, you'll know where to find them. A widower once told me the best thing you can do is to keep the memory alive.

In terms of actually saving it, you could save the conversation to your SIM card. You could also lock the conversation so it doesn't auto-delete. Should be as simple as holding down the conversation and hitting "lock".

One more thing. Don't forget to take time for yourself. Losing a loved one is one of the hardest things to work through. Give yourself time to grieve, then start working on getting better one step at a time. My condolences.
>>
>>18127477
you might be able to clone your phone on to a phone emulator. IDK what one you would want to use though. I have never tried to clone my actual phone.
>>
I know is a little but impractical but screenshot and print it that way you can have it kinda like a book. I'm sorry for your loss!
>>
>>18127477
Sorry about your mom
>>
Thanks, guys. This depression is almost crippling. I find myself having a hard time breathing sometimes. I have to go out for a walk several times a day and it doesn't help. Nothing does. Anything and everything I do reminds me of my mom.

There's no silver lining. She was diagnosed with cancer 2 months ago and she passed on Sunday. There's no words to describe watching the person you care most about in the world slowly suffer in pain and agony.

Last year, my mom told my sister that she was sad because we've all grown up and moved out of her house. She felt like she didn't belong in our lives anymore. She told my sister she's going to church and pray to God that she'll be more involved with our lives.

And instead, God gave her cancer.
>>
Save them. Search how to do phone screenshots, and take screenshots then save them on a computer.

Best of luck!
>>
>>18127477

I've actually tried doing something similar a while back (In my case though, I wanted to save certain texts and an archive because my phone was just getting too full), but I also remember struggling to find a way to do it.

Best way I've found:

Sync your phone to a google account.
Then choose the option to email yourself all the texts.
It will give you a hard copy you can keep for yourself and one in the cloud.
>>
>>18127477
OP I'm moved by your love for your mom. I hope things start going smoothly for you, that being said I know things like this take time to cope with. If you have time, start screencapping your convos from the beginning with your phone and move them from your gallery to something like dropox. Don't look at them, they will only bring nostalgia, instead, find comfort in knowing the memories are there. Its not healthy to dwell in the past too much. Maybe with time and counseling you'll find peace. I'm sorry for your loss, but I hope you find solace in knowing your mother is no longer suffering.
>>
>>18127477

OP I hope things start going smoothly for you, that being said I know things like this take time to cope with. If you have time, start screencapping your convos from the beginning with your phone and move them from your gallery to something like dropox. Don't look at them, they will only bring nostalgia, instead, find comfort in knowing the memories are there. Its not healthy to dwell in the past too much. Maybe with time and counseling you'll find peace. I'm sorry for your loss, but I hope you find solace in knowing your mother is no longer suffering.
>>
It's getting dusty in here!

Is someone cutting onions?

Good luck, OP. Wish I knew how to help.
>>
>>18127477
Should have replied to that post anon.
>>
>>18128555
God doesn't actually exist dude. Your mum was just unlucky.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.