[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone that was Depressed and Managed to Turn Their Life Around?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: ep01_sato_why_bother.png (849KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ep01_sato_why_bother.png
849KB, 1366x768px
any tips and advice?
what helped?
books? movies? articles?
what practices did you do to get your life together?
>>
>>18127394
Hi,

I still suffer from a bit of depression and anxiety but I think I can help you here.

There is no "trick" to escaping depression, and I don't know if that underlying feeling ever goes away, but you can certainly improve your every day life pretty quickly.

You should try the app "Headspace", it's a really good first step in to how to have a calmer mind. It teaches you to try and "rise above" the sad thoughts rather than try push them from your head, or to chase them and feel bad. It suggests you should "observe" emotions rather than try and solve them.

Secondly I would recommend therapy if you can afford it. I only had 2 sessions but getting it all out to someone who knows how to talk to you is important and will help too.

Third is that the only person that can truly help you is yourself. You will have to put in a tonne of work to get to be happier, even a little bit is exhausting, but you just need to stick with it. Try and go out and enjoy things, and when you come back and start feeling bad about it (this happened to me a lot), try and "observe" that feeling and rise above it (again Headspace explains this far better than I can).

I hope this helps you, I'll keep the thread open if you want to ask questions:)
>>
>>18127425
thank you
already am seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist

will check out headspace

appreciate the advice
>>
>>18127394
Just live with it and don't kill yourself and it will go away. It will return periodically, as it does for everyone.
>>
I used to feel pretty depressed, at the peak of my suicidal thoughts I was standing in the kitchen imagining what it would be like to run a large knife through my guts while my family watched tv in the living room.

Honestly, DXM probably helped me the most as far as kind of shifting my perspective on things. I couldn't tell you when the shift exactly happened, it started as me taking pills every now and then to feel weird and relaxed for the rest of the night. Then I just started getting more and more spiritual feelings from it, until they carried over into my normal life. I'm still spiritual and feel connected to all living things, and I feel like my calling in life is to meet different creatures of the world. It sounds cheesy and hippie as shit, but I can honestly say I am much happier with my life now despite undergoing some tragedies.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.