[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it like to have a hobby?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1483034304785.png (779KB, 1764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483034304785.png
779KB, 1764x1080px
Like, what do people do, when they have a hobby? Like, how do they do it, whatever it is?

I've recently realized that the closet thing I had to a hobby was something I hated doing, never got better at, and now cannot bring myself to justify having ever done it. It was purely mechanical, like I was expected to do it.

Like, if I had little trains, would that be a hobby? I use to have little trains, but there was no drive or urge to do it.

I eat food. I look at 4chan. I do the other things I NEED to do, but nothing interests me, and beyond that I cannot believe other people are interested in things. Often if I go down the path of inquiring, it turns into a fight and I get told to fuck off. So here I be; What the hell is a hobby?
>>
i have warhammer miniatures for a hobby ( building painting and playing games ) and it takes some time out of your day and if your lucky theres a place where you can meet people who do the hobby aswell ( like a games workshop store ) it helped me come out of my shell and cheers me up when i have shitty days
>>
My hobby is writing. I kinda got pushed into it but I now realise it's what I do. In the beginning I thought to myself it was too hard, I'd never get good at it and I never thought it could be a hobby. I learned a lot about myself by doing it. I got really good at it. I thought it was too mainstream to define me, but I find myself doing it because it's what I love to do. I haven't made any money from it yet, but the work I've made has made substantial amounts of money. I'm learning the system around the hobby. So that I can protect the intellectual property, and actually make a living from it. At the moment I'm a NEET at home with the baby boomers. It's not ideal but I know I'll crack this thing soon. In fact I just need to get back to it armed with enough cigarettes and it's only a matter of time that I will create something worth selling.

Good luck to you
>>
Hobbies are just activities you like doing on a consistent basis. Hopefully there is skill involved so that you can see yourself improving overtime and allow for that dopamine rush when you accomplish something new within it.

I've had plenty of chnaging hobbies over the course of my life. I think it starts of easy when you're young, like reading, or video games. As you get older, most people tend to crave something with tangible fulfilment.

Right now I do photography, work on bettering myself and my skill at the gym, and I play a few instruments. My goal with all of these is to *produce* something. Eg. Good photos, healthy lifestyle and body, and my own EP / Album(s) of music.

I don't plan to make money, it's purely for the satisfaction of having created something, or worked to produce something. This isn't the only way to have a hobby, it's just what I personally value. Some people like the process of things, rather then the prospect of a finished product. You can have a hobby and be completely content with the process of doing it rather than be driven to an actual 'end'

Hope this helps
>>
This is called depression.
When your neurotransmitters are firing correctly, you naturally look for useful things to do with your time. It is the most obvious warning sign of depression to have no hobbies, and instead only "time wasters" like staring at websites. This is because your energy levels are lower than they should be. You should feel much more motivated.
See your doctor.
>>
>>18126754
:(
>>
>>18126754
D'x
>>
>>18126754

not entirely true. I have been depressed before, and know how it feels.

I have no hobbies other than expanding my vocabulary and reading wikis for knowledge, yet I am not depressed.
>>
>>18126679
hobby

[hob-ee]

noun,pluralhobĀ·bies.

an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation

I do target shooting/practising and lift weights. The latter to keep fit and it also helps with the first. The reason I shoot is that no matter how much I do it, it keeps bring difficult. Also to do it, I need to clear my head of anything else going on in there an concentrate 100% on the target. So it's meditative as well in my case.
>>
I have no hobbies beside gaming and Internet surfing. I really wanted to get into shooting but uk gun laws make it prohibitively expensive and a huge hassle just to get started.
>>
>>18126869
Strict laws here as well and expensive - however well worth the hassle. Also I've become an instructor in the club I'm member of. So even if a hassle I recommend
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.