[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just Ranting..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: mad.png (1MB, 1172x1600px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
1MB, 1172x1600px
>Grew up with abusive parents
>Got pulled out of school in 3rd grade, so wasn't able to gain any friends that way.
>Eventually ditch them and get another chance at a family through a lover (Their entire family welcomed me in, it was great).
>About 2 years ago, we break up after being together for ~6 yrs.
>Left without anyone to care for or about me at all, left to myself
>No close friends to speak of

I'm 25 now. I have no friends I'd consider close.
I'm also a mentally ill tranny, and most people understandably want nothing to do with me.
Considering my mess of a past, I'm doing really well. I haven't picked up any drugs or alcohol addictions, and acknowledging the fact that I have no formal education at all, I have a great understanding of computer science, know a couple programming languages and in general don't have any issue learning things I actually want to learn.
I'm spending most of my time now trying to find fulfillment through new hobbies, like ice skating, drawing, writing, or learning to play the violin. I also get out far more than I used to by hiking every week or joining random groups (Like local smash tournaments).
I'm doing more with myself, and I'm spending a lot more effort trying to nurture good friendships instead of letting people just pass me by like I used to.

Most of the time though, I still don't feel like I belong anywhere. I live with two friends I used to consider really close, but I feel at this point they just deal with me. I don't feel I'm too difficult to put up with either, as a roommate. I clean up after myself, and I mostly keep to myself and stay in my bedroom.
Above all else, I want to feel like I belong somewhere. Even if I can't have a family, having really close friends would be second best, but I find even that's difficult to achieve.
I feel like because I'm 25, I'm running out of time to find friends before I become 'that weirdo' more than I already am.
>>
I'm doing as much as I can to try to make myself happy this last year, but hobbies can only do so much. I want to feel like I matter to some degree again, like I did with my ex and their family.
I also have to wonder what's wrong with me to keep being tossed away like I am. This in mind, I'm trying to spend a lot of time figuring out how to improve myself. Though I've done leaps of improvement over this last year alone, I feel I've hit a wall this last month.
I wasn't that great of a person for most of my life, which is why my ex left and their family now wants nothing to do with me. That said, I feel I'm trying my best to become a friend worth keeping around.
It sucks, knowing that if I died, there would really be no one to weep for me. If I had any major events come up, there's be no one there to support me or care.
I'm on my own, and it scares me.

I can gain friends. In fact, I put myself out there in many ways and pick and choose between who I would rather put my time and effort into (Not just our friendship, but I also like to give people advice and help when I can, which can get draining if I'm not picky).
It's just that I don't feel I've gained any 'serious' friends. I don't have anyone to enjoy spending time with, or anyone to hang out with. When I do, I feel they get tired of me rather quick, and I certainly don't feel like I come across as that needy. I try to balance out talking to someone first, and waiting for them to talk to me first, even if it takes weeks.
I'm fine with being patient. I just feel like I won't get anything out of my patience anymore.
I understand that at this age range, people have lives they're trying to follow. So a lot of the time, people get busy and life gets in the way. So to that end, I understand if most people don't care to invest any effort into friendships anymore.
It just sucks for me.
>>
>>18126351
I'm tired of being alone and not mattering to anyone but myself. I have to wonder how much more of this I can put up with before I just give up. If I gave up, I'd be like I am now, but without hope of getting what I really want out of life- belonging.
I spend so much effort into trying to help those around me, and I don't see anyone doing the same back. It's depressing and discouraging, knowing that no matter how much I try, I can't see to get a firm grasp on any good long lasting bonds.
I'm beginning to get too tired to try anymore.
>>
Last bump.
>>
I can relate.

I'm 24, but feel extremely similar to you. I actually just posted a similar thread to this. Just know you aren't alone.

I was talking about it with my friend yesterday, and I think it's just really hard for anyone who doesn't fit most norms i.e. being straight, etc.

I think you're right to keep doing what you enjoy, and I understand where you're coming from when you say you're constantly putting yourself out there with no return.

I don't think you should give up. I've been dealing with a lot of rejection lately. Although it totally blows, I'm trying to figure out ways to become a better person through it. I really think it's also the current dating culture, too. I honestly really hate it.

I'm not sure what else to say except that I'm going through the same thing, and feel the same way as you do. I hope that things start looking up soon.
>>
>>18127388
I'm sorry you have to go through this. It isn't easy to deal with. But thank you for letting yourself be known.
I hope you find your own belonging, however it may be. I don't think anyone should have to deal with this feeling or this kind of situation.

>I really think it's also the current dating culture, too. I honestly really hate it.
I agree. It certainly doesn't help.
Even outside of dating though, it seems incredibly difficult to find people you share the same wavelength with to find friends.

I honestly don't think I'll ever find a partner. I'm pretty picky because my ex set some high standards, and I learned what I relationship 'could' be, and to top it off I'm transgender.
Most people don't see us as long-term dating material. I've come to accept this for what it is, I'm okay with not having a partner. I just wish I could find a friend or two to be extremely close with to make up for it. Sadly that seems almost impossible.

Regardless, I hope all this works out for you. I don't feel anyone should be burdened with these feelings, and it really sucks with how things are in our society currently.
Goodluck on your own search, and thank you for the reply.
>>
I feel the same way. It's ridiculous. The more I try and be happy, the more isolated I feel. Going out and doing things with new people is just sort of painful and not entertaining.

I used to have tons of hobbies, but literally none of them bring me anything resembling any joy or satisfaction.
>>
>>18128273
I'm sorry. I hope someday you're able to find something to break that emotional barrier. Same with myself and the other poster.
It does suck though..
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.