[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0847.png (311KB, 493x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0847.png
311KB, 493x333px
I'm not going to college. Period. I'm not asking for advice about that. I'm asking for advice regarding my mom. She has saved up my entire life (I'm 18) for me to go to college. I have told her multiple times throughout my life that I don't want to go, but she has always shoved the same platitudes down my throat that everyone of use has heard. Well, I graduate in May, it currently March. Things are coming to ahead. I've told her that I will be going to Community College to get basic shit done for cheap, but I'm not even gonna do that. The problem is that I'm financially dependent on her and my stepdad. I will be kicked out for sure if when I tell them I'm not going to college. They pay for half of my car insurance and loan. I need my car. I can manage w/out my smartphone and other shit but, I need my car. The people I will have to move in w/ will live too far from where I work to get there on time with them having to drive me and shit. Our schedules would conflict and it would be too great a burden. Idk. I'm mainly just venting my struggle here, but I really need help. What should I do?
>>
File: 1389553149323.gif (2MB, 350x251px) Image search: [Google]
1389553149323.gif
2MB, 350x251px
>>18126158

>What should I do?

Go to college. If you don't have money to do anything else then you don't really have a choice.

Not to mention, your worst case scenario in this situation is going to college for free, asshole. You would qualify for the top echelon of retards if you actually sacrificed housing, a car, financial support and a job just to avoid a free college education.
>>
You're going to have to find a compromise with them. If you get kicked out and cut off, you will be struggling for years to get back up on your feet, and will most likely have to beg to move back in with them or a friend. In the modern world, the market is just too harsh for the majority of 18 year olds to make it all on their own right after high school.

Just talk to them about it. I would strongly recommend living at home for another two years and going to community college, while saving up and working part-time. It's better than just a HS diploma, and if you think about going to trade school you could turn it into a self-sustaining career.
>>
>>18126158
>The people I will have to move in w/ will live too far from where I work to get there on time with them having to drive me and shit. Our schedules would conflict and it would be too great a burden.

Then it's time to find different people to room with. Craigslist has a ton of people looking for roommates. Pick one who lives close enough to where you work that you can walk or ride a bike, in the event you lose your car.

That's really all there is to it. Also consider getting a second job so you can put money away for a replacement car.
>>
>>18126158
Go work a shitty job for a few years (without college thats all you really qualofy for anyways) gaurenteed you will change your mind eventually. I didnt go back to college until my mid twenties when i got sick of seeing my friends with these cool jobs, money, travelling and just generally awesome lives. When meeting people i got sick of saying i worked some shitty retail job. You will eventually too. Dont go now if youre that against it though. Live a shitty life first so you want it and appreciate it.
>>
>>18126166
She would only paying part of it. Not free at all. I should've specified.
>>
>>18126192

Well in that case fuck it, join a band or something.
>>
>>18126158
>save up your whole life so you can help your kid get an education, so he gets a decent job, so you don't have to worry about him when you die and can't help him anymore
>he tells you it was all a waste and he won't get an education

Yeah, I can see why she's going to be pissed for a while. But it's your choice. If you don't want to do it, no one can blame you. Except your mom. But yeah, she's well within her right to be upset. She'll come down off of it in a couple of years. Just prove to her and to yourself that you can make it in this world without an education. When/if you're ready to go to school down the road, she may be willing to lend a hand.
>>
>>18126192
Why the fuck wouldnt you go to college?! Are you planning on living with mommy your whole life? Thats not attractive. Neither is her making your car payments. I had 0 support when i went back to college. I didnt have a conflicting schedule because I was either at school or work. Youre just making excuses. Youre gonna be a huge loser with nothing in five years. Go back to school while you have a bit of help and support. Dont be another lazy self entitled millenial.
>>
>>18126192
Move in with a friend who is going to college. Get a job over summer and save what you can. Then get a job after that to help pay your friend rent ( or anyone, just find them in Facebook). I believe in you anon, God will provide
>>
>>18126158

Tell them you wanna go to a trade school instead.
>>
>>18126158
Please explain in detail why you think it's a good idea for you to not go to college.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.