[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's 4chan's advice on Resume Fraud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: resume fraud.jpg (131KB, 650x652px) Image search: [Google]
resume fraud.jpg
131KB, 650x652px
What's advices advice on Resume fraud, do you guys recommend it, is it possible in this day and age. Won't the company check if it's a degree? I'm not even saying im going to do it but I want to know how possible it is and what's the recommendation on it.
>>
>>18126123
Depends on the company and industry. Large corporate situations, or highly skilled positions (STEM) will check your degree by requesting transcripts from your school.

Small companies often don't have the time or "give a fuck" to check. If you seem right for the job, they'll hire you. But they have grounds to fire you at any time if they ever find out you lied.
>>
>>18126131
Then how did the guy from Catch me if you Can lie about shit like a Harvard degree and stuff? I know it's based on a true story and the guy from the NY stock exchange did it himself.
>>
>>18126134
How do people win the lottery? Oh, right, there are fringe cases for everything.

Obviously you CAN. It doesn't mean YOU will get away with it, or that YOU should try. Because if you got caught, you could be in serious legal shit. The company could sue you for damages on top of firing you, because you defrauded the company.
>>
>>18126145
Ok but theoretically. I'm a pussy and no way actually going to do with but how could someone fake a degree and have it so well faked the company can verify it? Do they call the university and ask them if they really cleared the person?
>>
>>18126155
Companies who screen their candidates for education will submit a request to the stated university for a copy of the applicant's transcript.
>>
>>18126157
And how do they get buy this? Do they send a fake letter from the university to the employer telling them they got it?
>>
Easiest things to get away with are responsibilities, length of employment and reason for leaving. Medium is position held, references, skills, or volunteer stuff. Hardmode is places of employment and degree altogether.

One thing I will note is onetime at the bank the teller ended up saying I had an offer for a credit card. During the person checking my history n such, asked if I was working. Completely made up a job, store, salary and phone number for boss contact.Got the card.
>>
>>18126161
How do people fake degrees though? Is there a way they get by them checking with the university?
>>
Bullshit. Ypu cant be sued for faking your résumé.

1.you're poor. Poor people are unsueable. They wouldnt even both trying.

2. It would be their fault for not fact checking your résumé. A judge would laugh them out the courtroom.

2. Its not illegal to pad your résumé.

The issue is, most WILL double check your references and yohr degree. It's an instant into the trash if caught.

If you're applying for a job you qualify for but want to be extra impressive, resume fraud becomes a risky proposition. You may have been given the job outright but once they see them lies, you just lost it. Or maybe they were om the fence and your kickass padded stats put you over the top.

Its stilp not over. You wpuld have to continue lying durong the interviews and you better know your shit or risk being embassed live in person. Its much more shameful that way

Pad your stats for lower end jobs maybe? That seems lile the best chance for success
>>
>>18126182
>you're poor. Poor people are unsueable. They wouldnt even both trying.
I'm not poor

>It would be their fault for not fact checking your résumé. A judge would laugh them out the courtroom.
No but i mean even when they check. How do people get away with it? Do they go to the University admin and bribe the people to get the password so they can go on the school account and email the confirmation of the degree? I'm saying if they check, im not thinking about doing this im just wondering
>>
>>18126167
I think the idea is to fake your accomplishments and print false proof of degree if they ask.

Then hope they are too busy and desperately in need to bother looking into it. So they hire you and take your word for it.

Maybe at a small business , accounting or some shit
>>
>>18126167
First reply said it best. Small places wont care. Big places conduct background checks through acredited investigation agencies who have done this dozens of times.
>>
>>18126189
>I think the idea is to fake your accomplishments and print false proof of degree if they ask.
I know that but don't they call the university, they don't ask for a physical diploma do they?

>Then hope they are too busy and desperately in need to bother looking into it. So they hire you and take your word for it.
True

>Maybe at a small business , accounting or some shit
Theoretically how hard would it be to start a law firm under a fake name and a fake degree? Sorry i just watch Catch me if you Can and wondering if that's actually possible. Not really going to do it.
>>
The amount of effort it takes to fake and pull off these things is more than actually doing the things you're lying about.

>>18126182
>1.you're poor. Poor people are unsueable. They wouldnt even both trying.
You're not necessarily poor, and if you've been working there for a while before you're found out, you'll have money.

>2. It would be their fault for not fact checking your résumé. A judge would laugh them out the courtroom.
You clearly know nothing about the law.

>2. Its not illegal to pad your résumé.
Not only is it fraud, when you get a job you will usually sign something that says that any information you've provided is accurate and true.

Also there are other repercussions if you're caught lying. Not to mention, you can't even count to 3, so I don't know why anyone would listen to you.
>>
>>18126195
That movie was based on events from the 70s or 80s.

How hard would it be to fake it that hard in 2017? Probably impossible is my guess.

Although, you can start any business you want without a degree. You make the rules. You just have to be within the thousands of laws that will fuck you in the ass if you dont know what you're doing.
>>
>>18126204
Theoretically how hard would it be to actually buy a property, start a business under a fake name, have a fake degree sitting in your office, and actually taking in customers? Doesn't the government have to register that and get your social security or something?
>>
>>18126210
>buy a property
With what money?

>start a business
You need capital to do that

>under a fake name
It's not really a fake name if you're actually running your business, are you?

>fake degree
You're opening yourself up to lawsuits by customers/clients

>Doesn't the government have to register that and get your social security or something?
Your lack of knowledge of the law means you'll get nowhere but in deep trouble if you try this
>>
>>18126199
2.You're a dumbass. Signing a paper saying you told the truth means absolutely nothing. Its absolutely not illegal pad your résumé. Google it for yourself.

2. I'm currently studying law at a top 10 college. Better luck next time kid.

1. Any job that doesnt comb over his resume properly wont be paying enough to make him rich enough to sue. Legally, its risk free to commit resume fraud

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Probably never even held a job or submitted a resume.
>>
>>18126218
>I'm currently studying law at a top 10 college.
Does it make you feel better about yourself when you lie on the internet? There's no way you're studying law at a top 10 school, because the first question you'd ask when confronted with a legal question is where the person asking the question is from.
>>
>>18126216
>With what money?
My dad gives me money like all the time

>You need capital
Yeah money

>It's not really a fake name
No but lets say my name is "Tommy Boy", I start the business under the name "Jake Dingus" so if the business implodes my reputation doesn't take a hit
>>
>>18126226
You're underestimating how much money you need to start a business.
>No but lets say my name is "Tommy Boy", I start the business under the name "Jake Dingus" so if the business implodes my reputation doesn't take a hit
You say that as if you can actually run a business without it being able to be traced back to you.
>>
>>18126230
>You're underestimating how much money you need to start a business.
My dad is really rich. I'm not actually going to start a business so this isn't about me tho

>You say that as if you can actually run a business without it being able to be traced back to you.
Catch me if you Can guy did it.
>>
>>18126232
>Catch me if you Can guy did it.
Yeah, over 50 years ago...
>>
>>18126210
>>18126210
What?

You don't have to fake it. This is a free country. You dont need a degree to start your own business. Why would you fake your name? You could run your business legitimately.

Unless you want to practice something like medicine. In which case you have to earn a degree to eventually ern a license.

As for law, Some states you can practice law without a degree.

everything else you should be able to do just fine with daddys money but it will fail.

>>18126222
Its not illegal anywhere to pad your resume. Shut up faggot.
>>
>>18126210
Not very hard I presume if even illegal immigrants can own businesses.

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/real-money-with-alivelshi/articles/2014/3/27/undocumented-entrepreneursnosocialsecuritynumberowningabusiness.html
>>
>>18126134
Because it was the 1950s and significantly harder to verify things compared to today
>>
>>18126123

Ive done it MANY times before. They never check but i have ALWAYS regretted it each time. About 2 weeks into the job you will realize WHY you had to lie in the first place. If you dont have the degree then chances are you dont have most of the skills and updated methods needed to complete the job you got accepted for.
>>
>>18126289
No fucking shit. You're fucking yourself over more than them by doing it.
>>
>>18126123
Well if you've seen suits, you'll know that it's a really bad idea and could get you into a lot of trouble.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.