[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are "traditional" gender roles so frowned upon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 1475007043690.jpg (42KB, 568x531px) Image search: [Google]
1475007043690.jpg
42KB, 568x531px
Why are "traditional" gender roles so frowned upon today? Why are young men allowed to be manchildren, and why do I as a female feel like I'm expected to be the breadwinner?

I wasted 6 years of my life on two long term relationships, my only two. I didn't have friends and never partied in high school or college.

These two guys, however, I was their "firsts". I just feel used. They got sick of me and wanted to get more experience and broke up with me, while I've been happily paired with anyone willing to be paired with me. I'm an INTP female, I have no friends I don't mind that, I'm happy as long as I have a partner.
>>
you need to readjust your attitude dummy
>>
File: 1476148447617.jpg (51KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1476148447617.jpg
51KB, 460x460px
femanon here and since you listed yours ill list mine: im an INTJ (so we're kinda similar)

I'm from a very old family on my mother's side. Literally the first (and only) woman in our family to have a job was my grandmother who was a chemist.
I literally didnt even know that women were supposed to work like men do until I hit my late teens. My whole life I thought that if a woman had a job it was because she had a serious passion for that thing.

Apparently my mom had met a lot of other women who kinda seemed off-put by the fact she didnt work. Now as woman in my late 20's ive also met a lot of women who either seem jealous or have a "holier-than-thou" attitude towards women that dont work.

you just have to be aware that a lot of that bullshit stems from jealousy. It doesn't seem to be a political or feminist thing.
>>
but if you plan on not working then make sure you find a guy that makes enough income that it doesnt matter.
>>
rate yourself from 1 to 10.
>>
>>18126082
Your post is a bit messy.

Choose and be chosen. Don't get in relationships just because it's better than being alone. Have standards for a partner and try to be an amazing partner and set a standard yourself. Be the best option, not the only option.

About the rest.
Gender roles are still mostly accepted. You aren't supposed to be the bread winner. Women aren't expected to stay at home either.
You're basically free to do whatever you want.
>>
Women killed them.

Women can't handle responsibility

This is why Women's suffrage was a mistake. They don't know what's good for them
>>
File: 1473367530375.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
1473367530375.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
>>18126214

>>>/r9k/

Back to your containment board, shitbird.
>>
>>18126082
Hey, INTP here with an opposite story. I live in a backwards country and my community is pretty conservative. My mom is a stay at home, but we have helpers so she's kinda just like a trophy mom. Other moms in her circle are like that too, and most of the moms I know are also like that. It is very rare for me to see a married woman who still works full time, of course except for teachers at school/uni.

Everyone expects me to just throw everything I worked for to shits and just marry some rich guy and bear his babies for all eternity. I used to say fuck that I don't want to live all my life in a society where they believe all women are less intelligent even though I was always a good student. So I dated a white guy who actually showed me respect as a human being and moved in with him as I get my masters that's paid by my parents. At first it was nice and all, until he began to mooch off me. I found out that although I prided myself for being a woman who wishes to stand on my own, I still kinda want someone who would give me stability. I was still raised all my life with the notion that men are breadwinners, but this guy is starting to get lazy af because according to him I have rich parents.

It's not like I would feel comfortable being a trophy wife but that doesn't mean I want to be mooched off of.
>>
>>18126243
>I don't want to live all my life in a society where they believe all women are less intelligent even though I was always a good student
Being a good student doesn't make you intelligent, it just shows you're good at taking orders and this is what the modern school system is built upon, to cater to dumb bitches like you.
>>
>>18126320
The capability of understanding what is wanted of you, and the capability to focus is an important aspect of intelligence. It's one of the reason why Army Alpha/Beta tests were formed that way.
>>
>>18126331
So all women are more intelligent than men because they do better at school? Fuck outta here. There's a reason why there are still more male scientists and why most if not all inventions were created by men.
>>
There is middle ground you know. My parents both worked pretty equal jobs, went part time when I was born so someone was always home, we had disposable income etc.

It sounds like you're just bitter about those two men. You need to find someone who'll either a) let you be the traditional girl you want to be (no problem with that) or b) genuinely wants to share the load with you.

You also need to become more picky about your partner. Don't pretend that having no standards is a good thing, and is going to attract quality men.

Grow up and quit whining. Mostly society doesn't give a fuck what you do.
>>
>>18126386
So what's your definition of intelligence? Because based on nearly every scientifically approved tests of intelligence, men and women have no effective difference.

Based on your gut feeling and assumptions? That doesn't sound intelligent at all.
>>
Go out
Get friends
Go to parties

Just be more social, you will feel better.
>>
>>18126386
the reason there are more men in STEM fields is actually largely due to sexism. only 1/7 women graduating university in STEM field find a job in their field. they also are paid 1/3 - 2/3 (depending on field) of the salary that their male counterparts are paid, and remain in entry level positions for over twice as long as their male counterparts (again this is dependent on field).

I for one left my research position because a researcher who was senior to me plagiarized my research (effectively stealing it). This is sadly very common for women in STEM fields
>>
I'm 35/f. As i get older, i realize how vital it is to have a partner who helps out with errands and chores. When you're single, household and lifestyle upkeep can be like a part time job in and of itself.

I used to look down on housewives, but now i either want to be a housewife or have a househusband.
>>
>>18126417
>the reason there are more men in STEM fields is actually largely due to sexism
Nigger there was maybe one woman in the majority of my 300+ level classes. Sometimes none. We're dealing with drop out rates of a population that barely exists to begin with so let's also take all of this shit with a kilo or two of salt.

>only 1/7 women graduating university in STEM field find a job in their field
The best I could find was on huffington post, where it was 25% of women leave the field after age 30, with 10% of men leaving instead. I've seen nothing like "only 1 in 7 women manage to find a job".

>hey also are paid 1/3 - 2/3 (depending on field) of the salary that their male counterparts are paid
https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/women-salaries-equal-outearn-men
Again, aint seeing shit that backs up your claims.
>>
>>18126386
>There's a reason why there are still more male scientists and why most if not all inventions were created by men.
Holy shit, you're fucking retarded.
>>
I know exactly what you mean. Grew up with all parents media and local culture telling me I had to have some flashy career and do everything because men are laughably incompetant. I don't buy any of it but it took most of my life to figure out I was being lied to. After many failed relationships with men and the constant desire to commit suicide because life had no meaning I found a more traditional man that wants me to be a stay at home mom. I've never had so much hope for the future.
>>
>>18126082
Well, where are you because I am your male counter part.
>>
>>18126082
>They got sick of me and wanted to get more experience and broke up with me, while I've been happily paired with anyone willing to be paired with me.

Sounds like both you and them where just dating whoever was available to curb the lonliness. Instead actually find someone who you like for their personality and they like yours in return. Someone you want to be with and not just someone to fill the space. Even if you are lonely and miserable while you search for that person its better in the long run.

Since we are all saying our personality types I am an ISTP male.
>>
>>18126082
Because you spent your prime breeding years getting an education and engaging in a career instead of concentrating on a relationship. Then, wonder of wonders, you now expect a male of similar or slightly older age with an equal or higher level of education and a higher income to take you in despite your comparative lack of desirability. You're used goods.
tl;dr if you wanted a traditional man, you should have been a traditional woman.
>>
>>18126082

too many boys have been raised by women
>>
>>18126221
Well he's not really wrong. There was a time when men were the breadwinners and women the homemakers. Women wanted more freedom, succeeded in getting it and now we live in a society where it is much less acceptable to want to be a stay at home wife. Women made this decision and it's their responsibility.
>>
>>18126482
Not an argument.
>>
Date guys who have their shit together, like you
>>
File: feminism.png (1MB, 628x896px) Image search: [Google]
feminism.png
1MB, 628x896px
>>
>>18126082
why do people keep trying to seek these answers on 4chan? most of the userbase is made up of angry womanhating teenage boys anyway
>>
Never waste your time on virgins, idiot
>>
>>18126082
Choose carefully.

Choose with your heart, not your vagina.

Don't worry though, I'm a guy 31, and haven't had sex or been in a relationship in years. Only child, prefer solitude, and also much happier with a partner. But it ain't happening now. All we can do is wait it out.
>>
>>18126983
no friends either so, hang in there, not the only one.
>>
>>18126980
Indeed, how correct you are. Roasties DO need to get out!
>>
Because life is better this way, anyone who disagrees just has to deal with it. Life was never fair for everyone.
This isn't even an advice thread.
>>
>>18127022
No one can force me to think whether life is better for me in this or that way, fuck off.
>>
>>18126979
Who are these American lesbians who hate all men and consider all heterosexual sex a form of rape? I have literally never met one.

I feel like this is a made up boogeyman meant to discredit feminism. Most "feminists" I know just want abortion as an option, to get taken seriously and to get paid equally.
>>
>>18127052
I actually have met one or two of them, and every other normal feminist friend of mine thinks they are crazy
You are correct, these redpill types just like to hammer home the slippery slope strawman
>>
>>18127039
No one's forcing you, you just have to deal with it.
>>
>>18126082
Old witch (and proud of it) here.

Every generation rediscovers feminism as if it was brand new, and every first wave gets carried away with the "down with gender roles" meme. And then, after a couple of years of that, they rediscover that feminism is all about choice, and that the choice to be, say, a wife and mother is as legitimate as any other.

And then a decade or so later the cycle starts again. I've watched several cycles since the 1970s.

Be what you want to be. That is what it's all about.
>>
>>18126403
Something that's not measured is the ability to utilize intelligence effectively. Assuming anything you just said is true, intelligence is only fully utilized when paired with logic and women are extremely emotional creatures. Emotion is designed by nature to overwhelm all sense of reason and logic. By this alone, women become inferior for the development of society. It does, however, make them much better than men at maintaining a household and raising children although even that could be argued.
>>
>>18127052
Where do you live? I see it everywhere in California. I even had a couple of bitch women tell me I was coping a feel on a chick because she was about to fall off a ladder and I pushed her up by the ass since it was the only thing I could reach in time.

Tell me where you live so I can get out of this shithole.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.