[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would antidepressants actually help me or is it just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1456128737004.png (14KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
1456128737004.png
14KB, 514x514px
Would antidepressants actually help me or is it just a meme?
>>
>>18125192

Ask a doctor. We don't know your particular situation, and even if we did, we can't really diagnose you.
>>
Probably. I know nothing about you, but if you're the sort of person who browses 4chan frequently enough to have good reaction images, that's half the symptoms right there.
>>
>>18125192
They helped me. I felt like I wanted to die, now I just kind of want to die.
>>
>>18125290
kek
>>
File: PicsArt_03-13-06.54.51.jpg (143KB, 1103x379px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_03-13-06.54.51.jpg
143KB, 1103x379px
>6 months ago
>good job, works with life schedule, decent enough pay to run my 90s shitbox
>sell it to get an suv for winter
>not even 4x4
>leave job to do ridesharing full time
>didn't think about taxes, maintenance, gas etc...
>barely affording bills
>paying back student loans soon
>start smoking
>downward_spiral.jpg
>start drinking every other day
>overwhelming sadness looming over me
> even around friends and family

Is this depression or just retardation?

Pic related (?)
>>
Worked for me, and I was basically at my breaking point.
>>
>>18125192
I was on antidepressants for several years. It just makes you a robot/zombie. You don't feel any emotions at all hardly. Also you will either gain or lose weight. SSRI also destroy your libido and sexual sensitivity.
>>
0.6% better than placebo.
>>
>>18125478
>It just makes you a robot/zombie
Zombies aren't depressed, so it technically works.
>>
Depression can be caused by your situation. This kinda can be cured by fixing your situation, or adding things you need like sleep, exercise, sunlight, a social life, or healthy food. Depression can also be caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain because of genetics. This cannot be fixed with the above treatment. They may help, but the underlying problem is medical.

Antidepressants can help in both cases. In situational, they can help give you the motivation to improve your life and fix things. In clinical depression, they're used like insulin to add a chemical you need that your body can't produce enough of.

Older antidepressants like SSRIs can have the "zombie" effect in some patients. If this is the case, the medication needs to be changed.

It usually takes a few tries before you find the right medication. Peoples' bodies are very different, and what works for someone won't work for someone else. And, unfortunately, a lot of finding the right medication is trial and error. You get the diagnosis and start trying things until you find the one (or few) that work. But they definitely work.

While we don't entirely understand the Why of what happens, we definitely understand the What, and so we know how to treat it. And as we understand more and more of the Why, treatments are getting more precise and more effective. It's why more modern antidepressants don't have the same side effects as the older ones. They're treating the depression more precisely. Older meds are still used with others have failed, but you're not doomed to zombiefication.
>>
>>18125192

Here is the thing about antidepressents
If you have really LOW LOWS then it will help you out but at the sacrifice of your high highs.

They will make your lows higher but also lower your high moods. You will just end up at a mellow state with a cap limit on your elevated moods
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.