[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Signs and Zodiacs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Why are people obsessed with zodic signs and whatever and base the interactions off of it. Like my friend swore this guy was perfect for her, like they belong together. She showed me a post online about the signs that are meant to be together and it was her sign and his. Turns out it wasnt so perfect because he cheated on her ( bet her zodiac signs didnt say that for him) Anyway I was looking online and the zodiac thing is such a pick and choose thing that its so pointless. I literally found several posts saying her sign was perfect with a bunch of different ones. I could of found my sign and hers and said it was fate. Like whats even the point of following things about your sign, it just seems like a way to validate your actions by searching for a random post about your sign until you find one you like. I saw another one that said my sign is lazy unproductive blah blah blah, then another saying my sign is a very hard worker, barely anytime to sleep because of all the things im doing. Its such bullshit honestly.
>>
It's like religion. Gives people faith in some bigger picture, some grand design where things are meant to work out a certain way.

It's less scary than thinking things just happen and it's all up to you to work out the whys and hows.
>>
It is bullshit, but its just something people obsess over. Don't hate on it desu, you're wasting your time.

Like for me, I fucking hate the Oscars. People obsessing over celebrities they've never met, critiquing "who wore it best" and booing or applauding award winners on whether or not the academy was right on who won best picture. Like you're watching awards on what people you've never met think was the best movie. Nigga what.
>>
>>18125136
I can understand that view but its just crazy how they don't get you can find hundreds of different outcomes for something.

Its like lego's or something. Build what you want from a bunch of different pieces, then show it off and say its perfect.

I think honestly I wish I could get into something like that also, have faith in something once more. I lost my faith in anything a long time ago and im just going with the flow now.
>>
>>18125140
Well that can be said for alot of things. Like I enjoy video games, play them all the time but I can't even get close to watching them online for tourneys. I know a girl at work who's bf stays up until like 4am watching league of legend tourneys. Like he stops everything and just gets glued on the screen, posts on reddit about this guy or that team or whatever. But again I think deep down im jealous of people with passion like that, jealous that I can't have a legit enjoyment in something big without judging it and calling it out for bullshit.
>>
>>18125142
You're approaching this wrong, it's not a logical but an emotional thing; they feel more optimistic about their relationships and in control if they get to pretend there's some secret code that will tell them what a person is really like.
>>
>>18125157
Its dangerous tho, I have a friend who also does zodiacs and broke up her two year relationship wit her bf because she found too many negative things about his signs, but on his thing with signs he was doing also he was telling me how perfect their signs were together and how marriage was a thing that was guarenteed. It just feels like people will get hurt ALOT easier also from this. Kinda sounds like a double edged sword.
>>
>>18125164
Sure, but people believe and do all sort of inane shit and that leads to complications, I don't think astrology ranks very high on the "stupid reasons for breakup" list.
>>
>>18125164
>>18125142
People don't just make a rational choice to start believing. They strongly "feel" something is true so they believe it. Or they just feel a strong emotional attachment to whatever the idea is, they take that feeling as confirmation that the idea is true/the right path/whatever.

This is why you run into trouble too. You WANT to believe something this strongly, you just don't feel it. Opposite for them. They HAVE to believe, because they feel it. They can't just stop the same way you can't just start.
>>
Astrology says that me and my boyfriend will not work out because I'm a steel horse and he's a fire rat and apparently this makes us completely incompatible and our fighting will tear us apart.

Whenever we have an argument about something silly I think to myself that his hypothetical tail must have caught on fire and that's why he's being argumentative and I chuckle on the inside and it makes it much harder to get upset about any of it.

I have never shared any of this with him.
>>
Astrology is a literal medieval meme run too far.
>>
>>18125309
See that just sounds like made up bullshit, Im sure you can find something thats like you two are steel horse and electric mouse so you comp or something. Also the people that go off it strongly I dont understand, like if you make choices and live life based on some random person typing random words thinking they are smart then thats just horrible.
>>
Sun sign astrology is bullshit when you only refer to it. Also reading horoscopes is shit, it's just for entertainment purposes even when made by 'professional astrologers on tv' etc. They leave out necessary important details for people to know what to look for and listen to. Basicly, in terms of predictive astrology, better to look at transits. But you have to delve deeper in to astrology and birth charts for that. Again, sun sign shit.
>>
File: 1482968995467.jpg (7KB, 209x279px) Image search: [Google]
1482968995467.jpg
7KB, 209x279px
perhaps it does matter what time you are born

but i doubt any human has the tools or the means to map this out precisely as astrologist claim

horoscopes have always

ALWAYS been a conversation starter / pick up line and nothing more -- the horoscopes while might ring very true and basic things like you will brush your teeth today

or you will meet that special someone from 3/14/2017 to 3/17/2017

will it come true?

does arranging your furniture effect your i-ching or feng shui?

yes! maybe it makes sense to place the coffee table within arms reach nonetheless all the benefits it has of pleasing a god
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.