[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

School

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: SoothingDog.jpg (33KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
SoothingDog.jpg
33KB, 300x200px
I'm 19 years old and I'm not a person of high academics. I took a semester break from college because I didn't know what direction I should be going to and I felt like I wasn't ready.
I started school at my local community college in the 2nd semester at the beginning of Feb. However, I was disappointed in myself for failing this Fire Fighter training course I took so I dropped those classes today.
I could take the course again after the semester has finished but it's just so discouraging. I talked to my counselor saying I wanted to change my major and go to nursing.
I don't want to be a failure. I wasted my time and money. I hate being behind everyone else. I had this stupid idea in my head and bought lotto tickets thinking I could have a shortcut in life but that's just me being desperate. Just wishful thinking.
I really don't know anymore. I'm just ranting.
>>
Hey I took 2 years off school after graduating high school maybe like myself you're not easy mentally. I don't feel the need anymore to play the catch up game. You need to make yourself happy yes school is important but not the end all be all.
>>
File: IMG_5634.jpg (145KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5634.jpg
145KB, 640x637px
>>18124871
GO TO NURSING SCHOOL.

I graduated over the summer. Now work part time at a medical hospital (cardiac unit) and a psychatric hospital. I make 28$/HR at the hospital (they are cheap..hospitals usually pay more in my area) and 30$/HR at the psych hospital. I'm currently in my last semester to finish up my bachelors.

I do love my job. Helping other people gives you boost, and the job enables you to always learn. There are so many areas you can work too; home care, adolescents, children, geriatrics, community nursing, etc. You can even land a job working from home by being a tele nurse.

Eventually I want to go for my Nurse practitioner. You can easily make over 100,000$ a year where I live.

Also nurses have great hours. You can work days, evenings, nights, etc. many places also offer 12 hour shifts which is nice. Some of the prerecs for nursing school can be difficult, and the first year of nursing school is rough...but it's worth it! Dedicate your life to it now. You won't regret it.

The only negative I find with nursing is that often there's not enough staff. Especially at the hospital I work at....some states though have laws on nurse/patient ratio like in CA (can't be given more then 4 patients in the hospital). Feel free to ask me anything if you have any questions
>>
>>18124871
>>18125028
Getting a nursing degree is pretty tough you have to take a fuckton of classes and most are pretty difficult. Know what you're getting into before you sign up anon
>>
>>18125028
(Continued)
Also at 19yo you are still young. Many people I know from high school never finished any type of degree. Most people never get a college degree.

I went to school not knowing what I was doing for the three years(wasting a ton of money). You're smart you took time off to figure things out. I then switched to nursing and had to take prerecs, and then had to wait a year to get into the program I wanted. I basically graduated (with my RN) at age 23. I felt like I was behind, but really I'm actually now better off then most people I graduated with.

There's also people I know who have dumb degrees (like a psychology degree) and can't find jobs. Nursing is a great investment.
>>
>>18125042
Not going to disagree; it's tough. I didn't think it was that bad though. The first year was rough. It felt like they intentionally failed people to thin the class....also you fail if you get under a 75 in my program (I know it's 80 for other programs). C's do not graduate. And if you fuck up one class in nursing school sometimes you get thrown out of the program all together....But there were people in my class that had children. There was one lady in her 50s (single mom)with an autistic child that I graduated with. ... I find the people that worked full-time (& sometimes part-time) or had children were more at risk for failing out.

If you take your time, stay organize, and dedicate yourself to your classes, you should be okay. Unless you have some type of intellectual difficultly or environmental stressors.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.