[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Top Ten Law School, Unsure if I should Continue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: bill evans 1.jpg (694KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
bill evans 1.jpg
694KB, 2560x1536px
>depressed
>on three medications now, dont think about killing myself as often anymore but other than that, still feel stuck in a rut
>in top ten law school, kinda hate it
>part of me wants to be a writer, or a creator of some sorts
>other part of me thinks this law path is the way to normiehood
>want normie life, with normie hobbies, normie friends, normie girl, and hopefully normie family with normie kids
>lifting is the only time i feel happy, and then i revert back to this shell
>>
File: ep03_sato_unlit_cig.png (466KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ep03_sato_unlit_cig.png
466KB, 1366x768px
shameless bump
>>
Hold up... I gots ya
>>
Putting it short
Life is a gable.... Roll of the dice.
You should continue the law thing. Your already there. So mide as well keep at it. There's nothing wrong with looking for something else just don't abandon what you have going

And as for doing things. We don't always get a choice in life... Think of how many poor people who will never get the chance to try science. Like how many rich ppl you think are out there who just want a normal 9 to 5 job. To contrast how many people slaved away who just had the chance to do something amazing...
>>
And if lifting is something. Keep at that to

And what's stopping you from writing.... Just Wright down shit... Everything from what you do in a day to your darkish thoughs.... I write my opinions of world view.. In hope that If theres a war someone will find it. And say. Look life before was jut as fucked up before.

Your life is like a movie ticket and what's the point of leaving if you've already seen half of it...

And if your thinking of killing your self.
That's the best thing for you. If your not afraid to die then your also not afraid to live... So go out there and take some chances.... What do you have to lose

Good luck annon
:-)<3
>>
I don't know if I can give good advice, but we may learn from each other.

I have had a long time interest of going to law school, and like most I want to get into a top school for the job prospects. I know there are tons of law school horror stories out there.

If I was in law school my end goal would be to try and be a law prof, very unlikely, or more likely get some in house corporate gig that is 9 to 5.

Right now I'm depressed, I have no energy. I used to go on 4-6 hours of sleep, a go getter, easy to be excited. Now I sleep 10 hours and take a 1-2 hour nap mid day. I have no energy. I don't know how I can study for the LSAT like I used to. I have no job at the moment and the search has been depressing, a few interviews but nothing.

If your holding up enough to get a job, I would just keep chugging away. I think its a great relief to have a sense of getting a normiehood job. I think you would find the path of being a creative depressing, and the lack of financial comfort would be its own stress. I'm guessing you have law school debt?

I wouldn't drop out. I know law school is soul sucking and depressing for most but it can lead to a pay check, and struggling to get a pay check trying to be a creative may exacerbate the depression rather than cure it possibly.

I hope this is of some help. Good luck to you, and congrats for getting into a selective and prestigious school. (I know many who can't crack past the mid 160s in the LSAT no matter how hard they try).
>>
>>18124781
im not even doing well in law school, and thus i doubt i would do well when in practice
thank you for your advice
i am now leaning more toward grinding through this

>>18124810
i will try to make writing a more systematic thing i do, as opposed to just writing down random scenes that come to me

>>18124812
this is part of the problem
im not doing well enough to get a good job

not to sound pompous but i did relatively well on the LSAT, so please feel free to ask me any questions about the LSAT, or if i may, advice about studying for the LSAT
>>
>>18124929
Do you want to be a lawyer? Can you get a long term law job shortly after graduation? If no to either, drop out before the student debt kills you
>>
>>18124929
What kind of study regime and how long did it take to get your LSAT score. Mind telling me what it was? How many hours a week of studying and how long? Did you have to study every day or could you skip some days?
>>
>>18124939
not sure about job prospects
most likely able to get a law job, becoming more and more likely that it wont be a well paying one with the grades im getting

used to think i could be a corporate lawyer slaving away at a law firm
but more and more i cannot see myself doing that in the long term

>>18124971
i took around 5 months to prepare for the LSAT
the longer time you take the better
at first i was studying 1-2 hours per night and then 4 hours on the weekend when i was working
then i quit and started studying for the LSAT full time
by the last 3 months i was average 49 hours a week, 7 hours a day
i studied every day

feel free to ask me any more questions you have about the LSATor law school, i am happy to answer
>>
>>18125150
>No new pos
Ok, me again. What sort of people enjoy law school? Also, have you thought about going into teaching? I'm looking for any decent job I can get now and hoping in 1-2 years when I've picked myself up to apply to get into schools for a teaching MA or law schools. I know there is this meme that teachers are underpaid and overworked, but average teacher salaries are above the mean/median salary nationally, and you get summers/winters off.

Maybe a bit about myself I was in humanities graduate school and left mid way with an MA. I more or less got sick of the irrelevancy of what you had to focus on to publish in. It just wasnt the stuff that got me into the subject the first time around.
>>
Are you feeling /fit/ buddy
>>
>>18125346
Ok I'll add. How much longer do you have in law school? What is the cost? Is odd as it may sound go look up the tuition for a 1-2 yr teaching MA it might be about the same as finishing law school. I doubt they would take someone with a JD but someone who left maybe, just food for thought. If I was miserable in law school I'd think about that.
>>
>>18124689
Lawyer/novelist here. You're in a good school, so try to finish. You will have plenty of opportunities to do what you want on the other side. Seek out your school's law clinic or volunteer for Legal Aid to get some meaningful experiences. Be of service. That will help with the depression. Law school just sucks. It's artificial and it's tedious. But you can, if you work at it, develop skills that most people don't have. You can be a creator, too, it's not either/or.
>>
Being in a top school often leads to depression
>>
File: ep11_hitomi_pill.png (542KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ep11_hitomi_pill.png
542KB, 1366x768px
>>18125346
the type of people that law school attracts tend to be the ultra competitive
prestige means everything in law school
who has the best grades, who made law review, whos going to the best firms, did our school move up in the ranking

from what i heard, its hard to make it as a law professor
90% of the law professors here graduated from yale (the #1 law school in the country) with the final 9% coming from the law school itself, and final 1% from other top ten law schools

i have thought about teaching, but teaching young children since i seem to have a natural talent for getting along with kids (always been good with kids, and always liked young kids)

>>18125350
according to my normie sister i am fit
but i always feel small
been lifting for around 16 months

>>18125352
i have 1.5 semesters left
the cost is very high
thanks for the advice, i appreciate it

>>18125562
thank you so much for the advice
its good to hear from a lawyer, someone whos been through the trenches

>>18125589
perhaps it isnt a coincidence that i had a major depressive episode during my first year at law school that lead to an ER visit which became "voluntary" institutionalization at the local psych ward

thank you all for the advice and replies
i appreciate it more than you all may think
>>
>>18124689
Man... Dropping out can be more fun than you think.

I have quitted my PhD and it was the best choice of my life.

If you got to a top10 school, it means you're not an idiot. Why don't you try freezing your degree and spend some time doing a part-time job? Don't take a gap year travelling. Take a gao year working in a completely different field.

Try something physical. Hang out with the blue collars and imbue yourself with street wisdom!

>want a normie life
Nothing wrong with that.

THEN GO AND GET ONE BEFORE THEY RUN OUT OF THEM.
Or mail order one.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.