[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, need help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: rowlett.png (58KB, 540x501px) Image search: [Google]
rowlett.png
58KB, 540x501px
I've been lurking here for a long time, and I find that I feel comfortable talking here cause we're all anonymous and I know you guys can give me some frank advice.
Anyway, I've been having some trouble with my friend. We're both girls and are currently in college and we're really close, we've been friends since high school. For the past few months I noticed she's been changing, she's talking about God more and being actively religious. I'm happy for her cause she's my friend and she seems happy with what she's doing. As for me, I'm not really what you may call religious, even though my family is Catholic.
Lately and often, I'm getting irritated by her because she keeps trying to change me for the better. For example, every time I cuss, she always says to stop cussing. Recently, in a groupchat for our thesis, she told us to have more self-control and patience, I know that was directed at me because I asked her to divide the work already for our project.
It's getting really hard to spend time with her because she keeps trying to change me. It feels like I'm starting to hate her and I'm so pissed right now. Honestly, it hurts that she even wants to change me. What do you think I should do? I just want to cut her off from my life.
>>
>>18124459
"Susie, I'm really happy for you that you are finding so much comfort in your faith. But sometimes you get a little too public and - well - preachy about it, and I'm afraid that's going to make people less comfortable around you. Maybe you can enjoy your religion as a personal and private thing and not impose it on others."
>>
>>18124459
There's a few reasons I can think of why she's acting like that.
She's got the whole newbie enthusiasm going, where she can't shut up about something new and nice she experienced. This happens to most people and she'll likely mellow out after a while.

The other option is that she got into religion through retards who can't talk about anything but religion and have an urge to preach it 24/7. There's a difference between occasionally talking to your friends about religion because you think it might benefit them and constantly acting like you're on duty, having to recruit.
In this case the best you can do is tell her that she should tone it down a bit because it's annoying, no need to be soft about it.

Another possibility could be that she's become serious about religion and your values are very different, so she's trying to change you so you can keep being friends. I'm not here to make assumptions, but if your values contrast really hard with hers now there's a good chance that she'll drop the friendship.
I've slowly cut off contact with people in my life before, because I changed and our way of thinking became too different, it happens. Tell her how you feel and see how it goes, that's the best bet you got.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.