[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My past, and what to do with it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (66KB, 632x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 632x640px
Hey /adv/. There's not really a way to preface this, and it's long, but I'll keep it as short as I can and greentext it.

> Be me
> 17 when this event occurs.
> Land office summer internship, somehow.
> goin'gud.jpeg
> Be introduced to sexual creep in office.
> I'm the age of consent at this time, but I'm straight, he's 40-something, and he's a manipulative creep.
> Keeps trying to groom me, acts like pedo piece of shit.
> Probably a pedo as well.
> While he never touched me, he keeps violating my space/emotional state with his bullshit.
> inb4shutupsjwfag.png
> Things like insisting we go on a "men's only" journey to a tropical island. Says I can't tell anyone about him, won't be near me when my boss is around.
> I swear I can see this nasty, predatory look in his eye from day one.
> I freak out, and convince myself that telling the authorities will only fuck myself more.
> After all, I had ZERO hard evidence, and you can't really afford to be wrong when you accuse someone of sexual harassment.
> He keeps pushing the envelope, and subtly intimidates me to the point where I just can't stand up to him.
> This shit goes on for 4 weeks, I can't handle the feeling of being hunted down anymore. The feeling of being totally emasculated.
> I start acting weird, my social skills and self-esteem are basically non-existent.
> Begin stealing mum and pop's liquor, drinking like a parched horse near every night.
> Somehow get away with all this shit.
> Brain breaks, decide the only way out is to kill him.
> I end up making a whole elaborate plot, mentally drilling myself on what to do 24/7.
> Research serial killers, make notes on what they did right, what they did wrong.
> Get home from work and begin making poison, for his coffee break during lunch.
> All my details would be too long to write here, but I think there's a slim chance I could've gotten away with it.
> While making poison, sanity returns.
> whatthefuckamidoing.mov
> Feels bad, man.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 570x379px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 570x379px
Part 2 here.

> Work ends and I move away from creepy bastard.
> Still fucked up about it though, the fact that I CHOSE to be an animal like him, that it was so quick and easy to turn into whatever that was.
> Spend summer gaining weight, not interested in girls like I used to be, totally hating myself.
> Self hatred caused me to drink a shit ton during senior year, get a strong psychological dependence of it.
> Also give near zero shits at school or about future.
> Too ashamed to tell parents or any school counselor. Only a handful of school friends know my story.
> Finally tell people what happened to me, they forgive me. I stop drinking for good.
> Start gap year, and while my family forgives and loves me, I still despise myself.
> Do missions/humanitarian work, go from a boy to a man.
> Begin to forgive myself, have actual confidence, and friends I can really trust.
> I feel okay telling people what happened, and how I got out of it.
> normiegetoutreeeeee.avi
> Be now.
> Back at home, waiting for college apps to come in, jobs etc.
> My life seems to be going places, but this shit still pops up in my head from time to time. Still hurts.
> Still don't like what I did, and what everyone around me is apparently capable of becoming.

My final and true question is: Is this normal, after all I've seen and done, to still feel the hurt this caused me? Do I ever get over it? Or should I just get over myself?
>>
tldr nothing happened

great story anon, what the fuck are you even complaining about?
>>
>>18124409
It's called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

A soldier doesn't have to have been in actual combat to be shaken by the danger of it, and you don't actually have to have been abused or murderous to be legitimately shaken by being so close to the edge.

Right now you are more disturbed by feeling guilty about having been traumatized than by the memories of the traumas themselves. You feel you're weak for not having taken it all in stride.

But it WAS a big deal, and there's nothing weak about being affected by it.

You might benefit from a little short-term therapy, just to help you forgive yourself for something that needs no forgiveness.
>>
>>18124409
God you sound 13 holy shit

Just tell him to fuck off
>>
>>18124419
I think you should talk to someone about this. Someone you trust. Like a parent or a sibling.

Would you feel comfortable with seeking psychiatric help? I would really recommend it. And yes you can recover from this if you seek help.

>>18124507
We can offer advice but hold off diagnosing someone over the Internet. He could have a ton of others psychiatric problems.
>>
>>18124507
it's called, don't grow up to be a pussy needy bitch

in life you're going to be put in a lot of different, strange, weird situations, and they're going to have absolutely no impact in your life if you don't let them.

right now, you're feeling a case of the facebook anxiety/depression symptoms that everyone keeps sharing and reposting. you fee that the situation actually mattered

it wasn't a big deal, and there's nothing at all to even bring up after the situation has been dead and buried.

you might benefit from living life outside of your exclusive shut in bubble, and maybe next time try to actually pull the trigger instead of closing yourself off into being a little bitch boy.

literally nothing happened, and you also literaly did nothing about it.

why don't you actually do something, and not sit at an advice internet board and weep about some irrelevant shit

I'm sure if you saw a doctor, or went to a therapist, you'd be prescribed xanax and bi-weekly appointments though for the excessive trauma you just endured.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.