[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I improve my singing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Alright, /adv/

I'm at my wit's end. I want to improve my singing so badly, but everytime I think I got it somebody comes along and tells me I'm still off-pitch and shit.

I come from a death-metal/guttural vocal background, so hypothetically I should have the air-volume to be able to hold notes, and I have a fairly good understanding of my body and how reverberations in my throat and palate feel.

Why can't I sing good?

I'm btw also trying to figure how to be consistent without having to "hear" myself, as I know that more often than not you just can't hear yourself on stage when you got drums and electric guitars blasting in the background.
>>
Cause you fuckin suck mutha fucker. Just commit suicide and forget about life.
>>
>>18124209
>death-metal/guttural vocal background

Sounds heavy as shit dude, probably fucked up your voice
>>
>>18124209
Ive been working on my voice for a while. From what I can see I break it into

being
in key
inflection
timbre

So I'd start with key, move to timbre and get your shape right, simple tongue movements and mouth shapes affect timbre. Once that's clean you can move to inflections and note bends and shit.

The easiest singing style is yarling imo so start with pearl jam and stp.

The second easiest is country- which is most about timbre because of the simplicity of the melodies. So start singing Merle Haggard and Garth Brooks.

Then move on to r&b stuff which is much, much more difficult because of the amount of inflections.
>>
>>18124209
Post an example of your voice, also do you listen to a wide variety of genres?
>>
>>18124580
Not nearly as fucked as you might think. George Fisher for example is ruined, I'm nowhere near that.

>>18124660
I can't make a recording now but will tomorrow if the thread's still up.

Although I'm heavily rooted in metal and alternative rock genres I've opened up to some electro and hiphop artists.

If it helps, some of my most favourite singers are Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy, Maynard Keenan from Tool/APC, Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria and Ivan Moody from FFDP.

>>18124636
Sounds like a plan.
>>
find a singing teacher. there are tons available for online/skype lessons. some are in 3rd world countries and are cheap
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.