[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flight experience for younger brother

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: l-39-florida-1.jpg (17KB, 900x549px) Image search: [Google]
l-39-florida-1.jpg
17KB, 900x549px
I am not sure if it's worth it but I am interested in giving my younger brother (15) an experience of a life time. I wanted to save money to allow him to be the passenger of a L39 fighter jet for an hour where they will do all sorts of acrobatics and will even get to pilot it for a short period of time. I wouldn't say he is the most passionate about aircrafts in general but he has a great interest and enjoys watching WW2 aircrafts flybys with me. The price is pretty steep (almost 6k$ CAD) but I need some opinions. It would be in 1 year so he would be close to 17 and eligible to fly.
>>
>>18123312
>will even get to pilot it for a short period of time

Unlikely.

Aside from that it may be a very interesting and unique experience for him but there are other things you could look into.
Over here that amount of money would be enough for him to get his license to fly sailplanes and even go on some flights (alone). If he aspires to become a pilot later in life that experience would help him a lot - and even when he won't its still a nice hobby.

Pilot Anon here so fire away if you have other questions desu
>>
>>18124184
That's what was written in the description anyway. I would assume that the pilot would give partial control of the aircraft or do very basic manoeuvers. I don't think a pilot lisence would interest him. I mean flying is fun but you can't have a fighter jet experience in civilian aircrafts.

Also, I have been wondering how hard is it to fly? Like all the theory and stuff to learn? I am interested in becoming a fighter jrt pilot so I'm just poking around the idea
>>
>>18123312
McDonalds has an airforce?
>>
>>18124457
>That's what was written in the description anyway

I don't know about the program but it just seems very unlikely - and seems like something they would write in there to catch people's interest. Once you are up there you will be so excited that you'll probably just forget it.
Regulations to this type of thing are just very tight and if somebody caught them doing it regularly (letting people without a license control a fighter jet) they would be in trouble.

>I mean flying is fun but you can't have a fighter jet experience in civilian aircrafts.

Generally speaking Aviation (both civil and military) has changed drastically over the past few decades and somebody who is into WW2 Era Fighter Jets might find himself turned off by modern jets. Its understandable really.

>Also, I have been wondering how hard is it to fly? Like all the theory and stuff to learn? I am interested in becoming a fighter jrt pilot so I'm just poking around the idea

NOT a Jet Pilot myself. Did Cargo in the Military for over a decade (Transall C-160) and switched to a civil airline after my service. So I can't comment on flying a Jet from my own personal experience.

Flying something like a Cessna 172 in good conditions isn't too difficult and could be learned in less than a month probably. The issue with flying is being prepared for all the things that can possibly go wrong (starting from things such as bad weather to an engine failure) and being comfortable in an airplane no matter what. (Obviously even the basic introduction takes longer than a month, just saying that if you wanted to keep things very basic that would be possible)

Usually the Jet Programs of the Military are a lot more demanding than those of Cargo or Helicopter pilots with few people getting in. The nature of a Jet makes it so that flying it is as much of a physical task as it is a task of the mind.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.