[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It doesn't get better, doesn't it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: F1.large.jpg (154KB, 1280x1000px) Image search: [Google]
F1.large.jpg
154KB, 1280x1000px
>be me
>always weird since childhood
>school crushes my soul since day one
>start smoking weed in HS and only really care about music
>always depressed, didn't learn anything in HS
>fast forward
>I'm 19
>music isn't fulfilling anymore
>all kind of art is meaningless to me
>diagnosed bipolar
>don't know what to do with my life
>can't get a grip

This shit is fucking hell and is all my fault
Everyone always tells me I'm intelligent, that I have some sort of talent, but any of this does me no good
Lamotrigine worked for like 3 months but I had an "episode" a few days ago and now I'm back to my normal me
How is it that some people seem like they have got everything figured out? Everytime I open up with friends or anyone, everyone is like "yeah I dont know what to do either I'm so lost I'm so depressed" but somehow they are actually persuing some kind of carreer and find some kind of "meaning" in something, even if it is just "I just like this"

What is the point of trying if I'm always going to have this painful void in me? How is it that people have will? vitality?

I have done anything in my power to fix myself somehow, started lifting, eating healthy, being more social, got professional help, but nothing works

I dont get it, it really is a miracle that the whole world population isn't commiting suicide right now

Everyone knows life is suffering, but why am I the only one not able to deal with it?
>>
>>18122997
>but why am I the only one not able to deal with it?
Going to have to correct myself here
Of course I'm not the only one not able to deal with it, a lot of other people don't know how to deal with it, I guess most of them do actually commit suicide
>>
Unrelated, but what is this picture? My mom has a copy of it hanging in our living room
>>
>>18123009

You sound a lot like me at 19. That was 9 years ago...28 now...things have gotten significantly worse for me with time. Back then I was able to cope by finding a band of fellow miserable misfits on the internet and befriending tons of strangers via MySpace back when that was actually an acceptable thing and no one batted an eye, then having nightly chats in our AIM chatrooms. Different times, obviously. My biggest issue was anxiety and still is.

Recently there was a "reunion" of our group of misfits in another group chat and everyone else who was so fucked up in their late teens/early 20s that found comfort in knowing none of us were alone in our problems and could talk and even morbidly joke about them openly...well, turns out that nearly a decade later, I am the only one that still has these problems. Or at least the only one willing to admit it.

13 people total in this reunion group chat btw, including me. So many were so much worse off than I was a decade ago, but they all grew out of it. When I talked about the issues I was having I was accused of both making them up and saying/doing shit as a cry for help/attention...when in fact all I wanted was to just talk openly with people who (used to) understand. I feel more alienated and socially anxious now than ever knowing that the people I felt the most connected to want nothing to do with me and I feel like an absolute failure knowing we all started from such a bad place at the same age yet I am now the outcast among former outcasts because everyone else "grew out of it.

What I am trying to say OP is that you are still young...a decade down the road if you still feel this way or worse, yeah, time to worry. But for most it seems to pass. In my experience, for 12 out of 13 who had similar issues if not worse, it has passed in a decade's time. I'm just the anomaly.

This is just one stupid and personal perspective from a fuck-up; it gets better...for most people.
>>
I hate you people so much. I almost guarantee you that your problems are self inflicted. Your poor way of "coping." You're probably poor. You probably rent some shitty apartment with a roommate you hate. You probably smoke weed and eat terrible.

Get a hold of yourself man. Everyone has a past. I'm not saying you haven't suffered. I'm not telling you to get over it. I've suffered with the above before man. But bitching and crying isn't going to fix it. Learn how to cope. Sort yourself out. Go outside. Read. Get some exercise. Try to get a significant other who's worth your time. Don't fall in love with shitty people. That helps a lot.
>>
>>18123049
The Billy Boys by Jack Vettriano
>>18123082
Thanks for saying nothing, you should be a therapist.
>>18123064
Care to tell how and why it didn't get better for you?
>>
>>18123101
What am I supposed to tell you Anon? That it's sunshine and flowers? I told you what to do. Acknowledge your problems. Learn how to cope. I've been in a dark and depressed spot. I'm not magically cured Now but it's better. Now I'm married and in a much better place. I'm about to own a home. My wife's a good woman. You have to handle your problems or they will defeat you.
>>
>>18123114
Ok, thanks.
>>
>>18123123
Look man, I'm sorry that I'm such a dick but I see myself in your post and I wish I would've helped myself a lot earlier. I'm telling you man, if you're on drugs stop. It's not helping you whatsoever. Get a decent blue collar job. Save as much as you can. Reconcile with your parents if you can find it in yourself. Being a nihilist is no way to live. Make slow but basic lifestyle changes. Get some sun.
>>
>>18123131
I'm not on drugs aside from Lamotrigine and I have a good relationship with my parents.
Did you even read the OP?
If you are going to be a dick at least post something insightful, or funny.
>>
School blows working is dope. Sell your soul 40 hours a week then do anything you want. Freedom breeds happy times man.

Bet you live with the parents still which is fine i was till i was like 21, but once i was able to get out it just got SO MUCH BETTER. Its not even about if the parents you have are cool or not its just being free in every way.
>>
File: beachhouse_devotion.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
beachhouse_devotion.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
what are your goals anon? what are your plans on achieving them?

they don't have to be tangible. maybe it's destroying the normies. well if you make a lot of money and throw it in their face, i'd say that's destroying them. if you want to make lots of money, find a way that you are comfortable with for making money. maybe it's finding a gf. become sociable and reading on how to do so.

what i've realized is life gets a lot easier when you don't have any fear of rejection. watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neFkc69Gic0

he doesn't give a shit, cause he knows there are zero consequences for his actions. just by being out there, most people will allow you to take from them cause they are too pussy.

this is long and incoherent, but being happy is hard. that's why so many people are miserable. in order to be happy, you have to set out your goals, and put effort towards achieving them.

best wishes
>>
>>18122997
Let's get something clear: It does not "get better", instead as you grow up you get more freedom so you can make it better. Said another way as you grow up the circumstances of your birth matter less and your actions matter more.

Also, I'm sure you're told a lot to quit weed or you are probably already trying to quit, don't. Living without drugs is a stupid hoax, people consume Tobacco, alcohol and coffee casually every day and a lot of people consume several other drugs (legal and illegal) for different reasons, smoking weed recreatively is not wrong, what is wrong is to smoke as an escape from reality, however I would recommend you to smoke as little as possible for some time, improving your life is hard and requires you to be sober.

If nothing else learn something, the more you know about whatever the easier life will be, get fucking educated, read more, etc.

If there is one good thing about capitalism is that it teaches you to learn about management (of money and time), people hate the "9 to 5 job" lifestyle but I fucking love it because I spend 1/3 a day sleeping, 1/3 working and I have 1/3 doing whatever the fuck I want, that is already better than most humans have had it in the entire story of humanity.

Quick tips to improve your life:
1.- Learn how much time your body actually needs to sleep and make the habit of sleeping that many hours every fucking day.
2.- Eat at the same hour every day.
3.- Give yourself time to do whatever the fuck you want, even if that means getting high as a kite listening to nirvana and remember that doing it is not an escape from reality nor is it wrong, it is part of your life because you enjoy it.
4.- Do shit other than number 3 and give special attention to things that allow you to do 3 (usually a job).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.