[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanting to be miserable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3350.png (87KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3350.png
87KB, 255x255px
Does anyone here have the "want" to be miserable?

I don't know how else to describe it. But, you actually make choices knowing it'll make you miserable, but it feels like the "right" thing?
>>
that's called delusion
>>
>>18122781

Explain
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 859x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 859x1000px
Yeah I kind of get what you mean. When you've been living miserably for too long that kind of becomes you, it becomes your comfort zone. I've been trying to get out but there's always something pulling me back in, I often self-sabotage my own attempts of being more outgoing, facing my fears etc.
>>
>>18122790
"you" are actually made up of different parts of your mind all vying for control. some of them like those dumb decisions for whatever reason so they trick you and make you think they feel good. but it sounds like overall your wiser self awareness knows they lead to misery. so listen to that wiser part of yourself. ignore the other parts and they'll go away.
>>
>>18122776
Not even uncommon. Depressed people often take a certain kind of stoic pride in their own suffering, but it's just another way to feel sorry for oneself.
>>
>>18122776

You crave misery because its a cool "get out of jail free" card for life. You don't have to challenge yourself, you don't have to strive for anything, you don't have to invest in relationships, etc.,

You don't have to do anything but wallow in your self-pity and feel sorry for yourself because it takes absolutely zero effort and you're terrified that if you actually tried to do anything else but be miserable you'd fail and possibly feel worse than you do now.

People like you tire me endlessly, especially those who actually have benefits in life that 75% of the world doesn't like enough disposable income for a computer and an internet connection and the proper free time to browse the internet and complain about your problems but I can't remain entirely unempathetic.

Everyone has their bubbles that the struggle to break free from. Whether or not you do it is up to you just don't expect anyone to care if you don't. Your sadness is not the great tragedy of the world, just another drop in its endless ocean.

Get better, OP. You don't have as much time left as you think.
>>
>>18122800

>becomes your comfort zone

Yeah that's a good way to describe it. For me, I've turned around a lot in my life. I got /fit/, new haircut and clothing, and I'm pursuing a really important career to me. BUT, I have shit self esteem and I feel lonley. Every since I changed my life around, I noticed for the first time in my life I started getting attention from girls. But it feels "wrong". Like I literally can't accept it. I always sabotage any chances with girls that arise. Everytime. I might think "wow, this girl is cool" then I think about it, and realize I can't handle it, and break things off right away. This girl that I've been friends with just told me that she would like to go out on a "date" with me, she's cute and really nice. But I had to tell her no. I had to. The thought about ME going on a date doesn't sound real, or even right.
>>
>>18122819
> But I had to tell her no. I had to. The thought about ME going on a date doesn't sound real, or even right.

Jesus. I though I sabotaged myself but this is a whole new level. You gotta fight that impulse, even if it feels like swimming against the current. Seems like a lot of self-esteem problems too
>>
>>18122827

I really can't. I've done this same thing with at least 5 girls in the past year. It just doesn't feel right. I can't justify going out with a girl.
>>
Misery is your comfort zone. It's what you know, what you've always been in/around. You know how to 'do it.' Non-misery feels foreign and uncomfortable, so you retreat back to misery. You need to literally get out of your comfort zone. Small, repeated steps, slowly expanding, repeat until comfort and habit develop. You can literally train yourself for non-misery to be your new comfort zone. Cheers.
>>
>>18122847

That sounds very confusing
>>
>>18122876
It's simple as fuck. It's like getting into a really cold swimming pool, you're not strong enough to say fuck it and dive, but if you slowly start by wetting your feet, then your ankles, then your knees etc you get used to the temperature.
>>
>>18122889

The thing is. If I do that. What do I actually accomplish? In this specific case. Yes, I feel lonely. But I never ever want to get married or have kids. So, I can't justify getting a girlfriend.
>>
>>18122819

Are you me?
>>
>>18122901
This isn't just for finding girlfriends, even though you could find a girl with a similar view to yours OR even a girl who will completely change your view. Isn't there anything in your life you want to fix? Maybe you're not brave and assertive enough? slowly get used to being more and more brave and assertive. Maybe you have no self-discipline? Step by step, create some self-discipline. Want to be more outgoing? Slowly put yourself in situations where you socialize with other people, starting with simple things.
>>
>>18122909

This is me>>18122819
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.