[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

young boss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: iStock_YoungBoss_350.jpg (18KB, 350x261px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_YoungBoss_350.jpg
18KB, 350x261px
hi

I'm a very young assistant manager for a popular grocery store in my area, this particular grocery store's labor force is mostly young adults and teenagers, who are in college or high school. Generally 16-20. I'm barely 18 and landed this job, I think to be an ambassador, or a person that can establish common ground between the middle-aged upper management and the highschoolers. Or maybe they just like me or something.

Anyway, I'm close work-friends with majority of people, and honestly don't give a shit if they do stuff they aren't supposed to be doing as long as it's victim less (ex, hiding drinks on a checkstand, talking to much when it's slow) but however if upper management notices this they will smite me and the people doing it. And obviously, I assign jobs, projects and assignments to kiddos when I need stuff done as well.

I'm not afraid of telling people to do shit, but I'm not quite sure how to go about doing it, I'm usually cool about it and they are usually cool about, "Hey man, we gotta take down this display and put this shit up, can you help me?". This works fine mostly and people always listen but I'm picking up a vibe that my friends aren't seeing me as a friend but as aboss now.

1. How do I stay respected and liked among friends that I am now the boss of?

and also, I'm literally half the age of many of the part time adults, maybe younger and it's not really a problem for them that I give them assignments, tell them what to do but I noticed a few people resent me in a sense of like, "why is this infant telling me what to do?"

2. How do I gain the respect of veteran employees that I am now the boss of?

help
>>
Pick one

1) Be a good manager

2) Fraternize with lower staff
>>
Be professional but don't be afraid to crack jokes when there's down time. Invite your co-workers to do something outside of work every now and then so y'all can bond.
>>
>>18122618
This.

You don't have to be a full out dictator, but you need to put professional matters first. So follow orders of your company, but don't do it in a dickish way.

See a guy with a soda on the checkstand?
Do say - "Hey man, <name of upper level manager> has been getting on my case about the Cokes on the checkout stands...please just drink it during your break."
Don't say - "Throw that junk in the trash before I write you up."

You can be a manager without being a complete dick and losing friendships.
>>
>>18122595
Easy. Quit your dead-end shit job and go deliver pizza, you'll make as much or more and there will be much less douchebaggery and responsibility.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.