[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Controlling your substance use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1469742864491s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469742864491s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
I have a question for /adv/, does anyone know of an effective way of controlling substance use, specifically with weed? When I first started years ago I had great control, but eventually it got to a point where I was smoking everyday, which I found to be bad for me. In my current state in life I now go through cycles of smoking for a few months, then quitting entirely for a few months. The problem is, if I have any weed at all, I will always smoke it. The only time I don't smoke is if I don't have it.

Do any anons know a way to combat this? I just want to use responsibly again, where I can have weed in the house but not smoke it until the weekends (or only when I have time, or whatever).
>>
>>18122408
No point in stopping now, your brain is already fried. I'd say move on to other drugs to keep your mind off of weed.
>>
>>18122445

Nah I don't want to fall down that spiral, getting into crazier and harder shit. If I have to choose between not doing drugs all together and doing harder drugs, I'll just choose to stop. But really I just want to do weed responsibly.
>>
File: 1453693934371.jpg (133KB, 1000x565px) Image search: [Google]
1453693934371.jpg
133KB, 1000x565px
No one else, for real? I'd really love help with this, because I've been thinking of buying this week but I really want to have a plan for responsible use until I do.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>18122445
Smoking weed does not fry your brain. The ones you think that this happened to were most likely already idiots to begin with. I've smoked weed regularly for 15 years and graduated college with honors two years ago.
>>
>>18122550

How often do you smoke? How do you regulate yourself?
>>
>>18122533
Save it for night time only or weekends only so you can still be responsible and get your shit done during the day. I usually take one or two puffs instead of a full joint so you don't get lazy or lethargic
>>
>>18122553

>>18122555
This was me. Every day but I try not to over do it unless I'm about to watch a trippy movie or something. I think because I've been doing it that way for so long it only takes a couple puffs to get high. Unless it's shitty weed of course
>>
>>18122553
If it's my day off work I usually have a puff in the morning too. Then you feel kind of perma fried during the day and don't feel like you need it. If you're having trouble regulating try keeping yourself busy at first. Then you don't notice. Working out is amazing for this
>>
File: 1111.jpg (61KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
61KB, 630x630px
>>18122408
Fuck that get absolutely chinked!!! Smoke pot and whack off, what's the problem???
>>
>>18122555

I have no problem doing it at night. I've never mixed weed with work (I absolutely hate the combo personally) My question is, where do you get the willpower to ONLY do it on the weekends? I can't seem to manage that.
>>
>>18123510
Hmm I guess I don't know. I smoke it everyday. I don't think I would want to limit it to weekends because I like being high when I'm gaming at night lol maybe quit altogether for awhile so you're not tempted with it in the house, then slowly reintroduce it. People either smoke it or don't usually. The weekend people I think never buy it just smoke a joint if its offered
>>
>>18122408
I don't have much to offer you op other than understanding. I've got this problem too and I think the best thing will just be to stop smoking for an extended period (like you did) but find other ways to improve your life while you take that break. I think the main reason I smoke in excess is to distract myself from my depression and lack of motivation. If you have good things in your life to distract you from weed instead, then maybe you can go back to smoking on weekends.

Tldr perhaps the reason you do this is to distract yourself from something else. Good luck anon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.