[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to eat and drink to stay in good mental condition? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Brain-power-foods-2.jpg (165KB, 460x476px) Image search: [Google]
Brain-power-foods-2.jpg
165KB, 460x476px
What to eat and drink to stay in good mental condition? What is good for our brain?
>>
>>18122284
That's kind of a broad question. In general you wanna balanced diet.
Vegetables, fruits, meat/eggs/vegan substitute, whole grains and water.

You want vegetables because they are good source of nutrients/vitamins.
Greens and a mixture of vegetables is preferable.
Sulforaphane (found in broccoli/broccoli sprouts/kale) has been shown to be really beneficial so you might wanna get that in there.
Get a blender and make your life way easier. You can just shove vegetables you would've never eaten otherwise in there.

Meat is important for protein, but you can get that from other stuff too. Mainly you wanna get omega 3 fatty acids.
Fish and eggs are high in omega-3's and I believe hemp seeds are too if you're vegan.
Talk about fats come up a lot when talking about meat. Let's clear that up.
Saturated fats are fine for you unless you have a certain gene that makes it more difficult for you body to digest them.
There has been some propaganda that they are bad for you but it's wrong.
Things that have trans fats (margarine, etc.) are bad for you.

When you have grains, you should try to stay away from simple carbohydrates.
They spike your insulin levels and can cause insulin insensitivity.
Whole grains and vegetables are considered complex carbohydrates.
Your body can't break them down as quickly has simple carbs (i think) so you avoid spiking your insulin levels.

For the love of god don't have sugar. Men should only have like 35 grams of sugar and a soda has twice that i believe?
It's the hardest to cut but makes a huge difference. Coffee? Use stevia.
It's the only good substitute. Since splenda and the others are bad for you. (I don't exactly know why.)
Check to make sure there isn't high fructose corn syrup in your shit.
Stores hide it in everything.
>>
>>18122388

>Meat is important for protein

Not really, it's just the laziest way to get it. And no, plant proteins are not "incomplete proteins", they just have a different ratio in aminoacids allthough there are plant foods like soy that have a "complete profile". And it's not difficult to reach the requeriments without meat, if you're eating enough calories you probably get enough proteins too.

Everything else is fine tho, but I would suggest adding an algal oil to supplement the DHA part of omega-3 if they decide for a vegan diet. Flax, chia and hemp seeds are fine but they only provide ALA which is not efficiently converted by some people.
>>
>>18122284
Read the book "Super Foods for Dummies" thank me alter ;)
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.