[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people move accross the country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: seal.jpg (102KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
seal.jpg
102KB, 400x400px
> Be me.

> 24 year-old male living in California.

> I got a worthless B.A. two years ago and the only work I could find was substitute teaching.

> Find out I actually like teaching and want to go for my teaching credential.

> Go to university to complete what was supposed to be a nine-month teacher credentialing program. University fucks up my financial aid so that after 7 months I've only taken 1/4 of the classes I was supposed to take. Forced to pay out of pocket and withdraw.

> Frustrated and miserable.

> Find out that Florida offers a "Statement of Eligibility" which allows you to apply for jobs and work full-time as a teacher while getting your lifetime professional certificate.

> Apply, get it 3 weeks later, optimistic and happy about my life for the first time in a long time.

So senpai, here is where I am. I really badly want to get out of California and move to Florida so that I can actually work full-time but I'm not sure how to do it. Currently, I have in savings $5000 and I could get that up to $10,000 by June.

My problem is that in the meantime it seems like I'm left with two bad choices:

1) Try to get a job and then move. This would be the best option but, let's be real, most employers won't hire someone from half-way across the country so it's pretty much moot.

2) Go first, use my savings to rent an apartment for a little while, and pray to God that an employer gives me a job so I can keep a roof over my head.

Either way, kind of sucks. The first option likely isn't going to happen, the second option may leave me homeless. I have no family in Florida and I don't know anybody living there. People tell me to just go and get a job once I'm there but I really don't trust employers. My experience with job applications is that if you're even slightly overqualified or underqualified then they'll throw your application in the garbage and that those who do want to hire usually take about 4 months to do it.
>>
>>18121654
>2) Go first, use my savings to rent an apartment for a little while, and pray to God that an employer gives me a job so I can keep a roof over my head.

Get whatever shitty job you can find when you get there. Gives you some income while you look for something better

>My experience with job applications is that if you're even slightly overqualified or underqualified then they'll throw your application in the garbage and that those who do want to hire usually take about 4 months to do it.

Lie and have the bullshit to back it up. Shitty jobs have high turnover.
>>
I think $10,000 is a decent amount to get yourself started. Find a place to rent. Get all your stuff in your vehicle and drive to the place. You might have to stay in a hotel for a few days. Once you get the rental place, stay there. Get that shitty job, anything to get enough money just to pay the bills. What you want is stability. Then, once you get stable, go for that teaching job you really want.

You might want to look for a forum that has people experienced with the program in Florida. Maybe Florida's official website has an e-mail address you can use to e-mail somebody who is a liaison for that kind of program, and they can give you all the details you need to apply and get started as soon as possible. They can work with you on this.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.