[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

further education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: puppet.jpg (18KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
puppet.jpg
18KB, 236x236px
id like to pick politics for further education i.e college or university. But my family and friends all think its shit and it has no future. ive tried so many different things to try and convince them its good but my dad wants me to be a doctor or some other stereotypical job that he deems fit for a boy.
>>
>>18121562
Trust me - you are FAR better off studying something you enjoy, doing well in it and therefore finding some sort of related employment, than in spending years doing something you hate, doing poorly, and ending up (at best) at the bottom of the profession.
>>
>>18121780

will my parents ever understand that? the answer is no, ive told them exactly what you've said and they're like 'no, there are no jobs in that field you will be in the job centre and struggling to live'(i live in england). then im like wtf no we aren't in a recession my dad is like 'i have x amount of years experience i know these things blah blah blah'. my dad won't ever listen to me he wants me to listen to him all the time its just such a pain doing anything without having him harassing me about every thing i do.
>>
>>18121562

What are you going for?
I did political science. Its not much what you think it is.

If you want to get into politics youll need law. Not poli sci.

Political science is analysing paradigms and patterns. You dont look at policy as much as you look at outcomes.

Ie you wont learn how to fix climate change, youll learn why no ones moving forward with it.

You wont learn how to stop war youll learn why it keeps happening.

You wont learn "liberals and conservatives" youll learn paradigms like liberalism(which is not sjws, but democracy and rights) romanticism (which is sjws) realism, economism and libertarianism and fascism. And their definitons and applications, not their righteousness or superiority or inferiority.

Most of all, youll become frustrated as fuck every time there is a political debate whether youre witnessing it in person or on 4chan because youll realise how badly everyone is off the mark, and the televised debates will become totally meaningless to you.

Thats what poli sci will get you. At best for a job youll become a political scientist. Youll write articles and sometimes the government may ask "hey what happens if we build more nukes" and youll say "china will too". And its not a high demand job.

Im a carpenter now. I make good money and im happy and dont regret my education.. But it didnt do a whole lot for me outside of knowledge.

Tl;dr you may actually want to consider law instead
>>
>>18121562
A degree in politics is useless but if you're paying for it yourself go for it.
>>
Hah, you sound like a younger me.

I did just that, I decided to do politics because it was easy. If you really want to do an easy degree, go for business, that's my advice.

You are much better off studying a more difficult, STEM degree, of course. However, there's no point in studying something which you'll fail at.

Speaking from personal experience, if I could do it all over again, I wouldn't study anything. University was a huge waste of time for me, I got a degree and a bunch of debt. Luckily I have found a decent job since leaving university, but it had nothing to do with my degree - I volunteered at a museum when I was at university. That was worth far more than the piece of paper they gave me at the end.

Tl;dr it's probably not worth going to uni unless you're going to study something difficult, get a job and work experience or go to trade school.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.