[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop my brother from turning neet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: it ate me starts playing.jpg (93KB, 364x484px) Image search: [Google]
it ate me starts playing.jpg
93KB, 364x484px
My older brother got his degree this summer and can't find a job. Now it wouldn't be so weird(the degree is basically worthless, his not the most convincing person and unemployment around there is gigantic) but the problem is that he always gets pissy when asked about specifics of his job hunting.

Whatever though, it wouldn't bother me, maybe he's just shit.

Today I've talked with him and hit some shitty string, and this is why I'm posting this thread.

Basically full blown depressive nihilism coming from fucking 25 years old.
>why the fuck do I have to work hard
>people who work hard are idiots
>going to work for 8 hours lol I'm not so stupid
>I am entitled to good things
>if I don't get them I won't even try fuck it, it's my right to have good things
>if I don't get what I want without trying, I'd rather not have it

etc. etc.

Again, this guy is 25.

How the fuck do I convince him to move on with his life? I know how HR's work, they'll be asking about what was he doing the last few months since he got the degree(and answering with anything but curing some illness, travelling around the world and working elsewhere, with details is bad answer), the longer the gap gets, the worse it'll be for him. He probably can find a job, just a shitty one but he won't take it because of his sense of entitlement, he seems to ignore the fact that given the over-saturation of the field he got the degree in, he has very low chances of finding job there(when I've asked friend of a friend if he could take somebody like him to work as a security guard and told the brother that I can figure out a job for him, once he got to know about what job it is he said "wah, I'd rather wait for something in my field").
>>
He sounds pretty dumb. If he doesn't have a job, how does he pay for anything? Does he have the self respect to pay his own bills for his own home and well-being? If not, let him live his own life as a loser. If he wants to be self-sufficient, he'll figure out soon enough that he needs a job. If you need a job, you'll take what you can get. If it's not his dream job of paying whatever salary he thinks he's entitled to, he'll just have to accept it or be a bitch and whine about it. Respectable, self-sufficient adults don't just wake up one day with a high-salary job, a two-story house, two cars, and a retirement fund. You have to start somewhere and work your way through a career, and then maybe by the time you're about 40 years old you'll be able to look at your home and family and think, "I've don't pretty well for myself."
>>
>but the problem is that he always gets pissy when asked about specifics of his job hunting.

The problem is you're a nagging cunt.

Nagging does not help.

Telling yourself you're not a nagger does not help.

You already explained to your own damn self why your bro is unemployed.

Some of it is his fault, some of it is not.

You could have slapped him on the back of the head when he was picking a shit major, but you saved all that up so you could point at him and call yourself superior down the road. Fuck you, eat shit. You're not a coach to him and you're not seeking advice, you're just seeking attention and approval for your own shittiness.

>and unemployment around there is gigantic

Figure him out how to line up employment in another state with no reachable references. While you're at it, do that for me too because all my former bosses went bankrupt and disappeared.
>>
>>18121418
>Respectable, self-sufficient adults don't just wake up one day with a high-salary job, a two-story house, two cars, and a retirement fund.
That's what baby boomers have been saying throughout the entire reign of baby boomers. We call it the entry level. Boomers destroyed the entry level because they are addicted to failure and criticism.

I hop from one industry to another with every job I take, but I think I've only taken one entry level job in my life and it was a long damn time ago when I was in college. Since then I've not had one, not interviewed for one, and not even been able to apply for one because the supply of able bodies far outpaces the demand for them. Whenever I get hired, it's usually for a job of considerable skill which I have to learn as I go. I've been a graphic designer, a warehouser dealing with plant managers, a lawshit of some sort, a music teacher, a farmer, a brewer, and a public stage speaker who shook hundreds of hands in a night. Whenever I was turned down, the reason was usually because I wasn't already doing that job before - then the opening would sit vacant until the asker goes out of business.

The entry level is more myth than reality now. Today's version of the entry level is working for free and not moving your career an inch forward for it.

t. tail end of gen-X aka nintendo age
>>
File: 14513390246750.png (195KB, 620x337px) Image search: [Google]
14513390246750.png
195KB, 620x337px
Nigganigga here comes dat boi
>>
>>18121485
We must live in very different economies. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>find job opening
>apply for job
>make good impression on interview
>get hired
>make good impression on employers
>get promotions

That's what I've been doing my life, I'll be 35 this year, I have had four jobs in my life (I'm counting US Army as one job, even though I had many different responsibilities there), I've had a five-year unemployment period after I was out of the Army, and I have my house and car completely paid for, no debt except phone, utility, and internet bills, thousands of dollars in the bank. My only fuckup is that I didn't start saving for retirement early, I just started my 401k this year. I wish I'd started 15 years ago.
>>
>>18121513
>We must live in very different economies. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Count your blessings instead of shitting up the internet.

>find job opening
This is the part where your plan dies in my region. I ain't even gonna say where, because it breaks my fucking heart when people say they're coming here and I can't talk them out of it. I'm only still here because getting hired long distance is easier said than done when your recent employers cannot be contacted whatsoever - even if it's a lawyer with a client calling from jail being detained under false pretenses.

>(I'm counting US Army as one job, even though I had many different responsibilities there)
Army is a very good choice, but nations go to complete shit when military service is offered up as a way out of the hole.

Long story short, the private sector is dead in many parts. Whatever the fuck you do, do not ask vagrants to become soldiers no matter how much money Uncle Sam offers you. Real soldiers will suffer greatly as a result, just adding that in off-topic because it matters.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.