[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any recovering from this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 7

File: pathetic.jpg (7KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.jpg
7KB, 277x182px
So here's some general facts about me:

35 years old, will be turning 36 late this year

virgin, no relationship experience

female

I *think* I'm ok looking (I'd rate myself a 5, maybe a 6), but I rarely get asked out so maybe I'm not. The last time I was asked out was about 6 years ago.

Have twice told men about my feelings and got rejected pretty brutally both times (they did not just reject me, they toyed with me for a long time first and then chose other women over me pretty ostentatiously)

Have a tendency to get hung up on someone but too paralyzed to do anything about it with my past experiences, then i get effectively 'friendzoned'*

* I don't actually believe in the friendzone for either gender but it sure feels that way sometimes

I thought a man I've liked for about a year was interested in me, but I found out today he got back together with his ex girlfriend. I'm more devastated by this than I should be, considering I didn't know him that well.

Not really sure what to do. Just embrace being alone? I'm embarrassed by my lack of experience but I can't get ever seem to find someone I'm interested in that is also interested in me.
>>
>>18120106

>35 years old, will be turning 36 late this year
what a pathetic lose-
>virgin, no relationship experience
holy shit kill yourse-
>female
*dick gets hard*
>>
>>18120115
That'd be great if (well adjusted) 30 and 40-something men felt that way, but I don't think they do. I think it's considered a huge red flag.

Not that I've ever told anyone.
>>
>>18120106
do you go out? and where to?
what do you do in your spare time?
What are your hobbies?
Have you tried online dating?
>>
You're probably leaving out some things. Things you probably know you need to work on.

So just work on those things. Keep improving yourself - mentally, physically, emotionally.

Don't worry about inexperience. The right guy won't give a fuck.

Cliche but you really have to like yourself first before anyone else can.
>>
>>18120227
Sometimes. I go to a local gaming store a couple of times a week to play games. I occasionally go to meetups for programming and stuff like that too. I am not very social and I know it's a big part of the reason why I'm so alone.

I do not currently have any friends. I moved to a new city with a friend, but he's one of the aforementioned men who broke my heart and we don't talk anymore.

I used to not have any problems making friends because people think I'm cool and want to hang out with me, but that has gotten less true as I've gotten older, I guess.

Hobbies....the usual music, reading, movies, video games (I have "good taste"), learning to program, play dungeons and dragons and board games, learning to play guitar, cook, lift, hike. I've done a lot of things and have something in common with most people, so I don't think that's the issue.

I've tried online dating but I just can't do it. I have to know someone for at least a few months before I can drum up interest.
>>
Bumping for the day crowd
>>
File: cheers.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
cheers.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>18120115
LOWL
That was a good one. The next round's on me, cheers man!
>>
How do you get to 35 as a female, and not at least have some kind of relationship experience?

Are you conventionally attractive? This is ultimately what it boils down to.

From how you describe yourself, your interests sound very male and juvenile. Not that this is a problem of course, you like what you like and it's great that you have interests (a lot of people don't!), they're just not that appealing to most 30-something men who are looking for a mature partner to settle down with.

4chan is full of guys who want the complete opposite but they're not necessarily the type of people you'd want to settle down with either.

I don't really know what to tell you. I wouldn't want to advise you to tone down your interests because they make you who you are. However, I can see them being the kind of things that might turn a guy off at 35.

To turn the tables...what kind of guy are you looking for?
>>
>>18121155
>How do you get to 35 as a female, and not at least have some kind of relationship experience?

Women are the gatekeepers of sex. Men are the gatekeepers of commitment. Men reserve commitment the same way women reserve sex, and for the same reasons.
>>
>>18120259
>video games (I have "good taste")
If your good taste doesn't include one pretentious clunky Cinematic™ pseudo-RPG mechanics game, then you're the perfect dating material. I'm 15 years younger than you, but I'll guarantee we will have a good time.
>>
>>18121158

Do you think so? I read plenty of threads on /adv/ about a guy wanting to settle down with a women who doesn't seem to want to do it.
>>
>>18121180
>>18121158

Yeah this is pretty much bs.
Women, especially modern women, are not that into commitment. Women tend to remarry less often then men after a divorce.

Also career wise, single women and married men tend to do the best.
>>
>>18120121

Newsflash lady. You're not "well adjusted" either.
And while it's possible that you've just been extremely unlucky with finding someone, it's much more likely that you think way too highly of yourself or your potential.
>>
>>18121180
/adv/ is not representative of the real world
>>
>>18121155
Every guy i wanted a relationship with did not want a relationship with me. They did want to have sex with me, but i never wanted sex outside of a relationship (intimacy, not just physical - all of it, is hard for me).

I'm arguably attractive but definitely not conventionally so.

My interests do skew more male, but i also do crafts and stuff. I don't really see myself as masculine or feminine. I do get mistaken for gay a lot, so that may be part of the issue.

I want someone I'm attracted to and who is nice to me. Who I'm attracted to is a total crapshoot. I don't really have a type or a set of standards, though most of the men I've liked have been overweight (i am not) neckbeard sorts.

I am turned off by dysfunctional immaturity (someone who can't pay their bills, take care of themselves, whine a lot, etc).
>>
>>18121207
>I am turned off by dysfunctional immaturity (someone who can't pay their bills, take care of themselves, whine a lot, etc).

You should try dating someone like that. Just give it a shot and don't concern yourself with whether it's gonna go anywhere or not. Just be that nice person that you wish others would be to you. Try it.
>>
>>18121207

Well, as a female, I think you sound like a really well-rounded individual and somebody who most men would be happy with. Don't change a thing.

You may however, want to try and change your approach. It might be a matter of being more upfront from the start when you first meet someone, rather than taking a back seat and waiting for something to develop. You mentioned people thinking you're gay, probably slightly off-putting for men who would otherwise think you're amazing.

What went so wrong with online dating?
>>
>>18121216
Yeah, that's part of my problem, if i don't see something going somewhere long term, i break it off immediately. That means almost all first dates i have don't make it to second dates.

But I'm not sure why i should date someone i don't find attractive. Being "nice" doesn't mean willing to date somebody. I can be perfectly nice to someone but still reject them romantically.
>>
>>18121219
I definitely need to man up and be upfront. I had planned to ask the current man i like out early on, but felt like i had no way to do so and was too afraid when the 1 or 2 opportunities did pop up. Now he's with someone else and I've wasted another year. I just don't know how to get past my previous rejections.

I need time to develop feelings and online dating doesn't really allow that.
>>
I can't imagine any well adjusted man being in to you.

You sound boring, immature, and honestly, I think you're hiding problems about yourself.

Try making yourself desirable.
>>
ill be honest.

im 26, and i have a long term gf, but im looking for more friends online.

your interests match up with mine as well. any interest in just chattring online or playing vidya/dnd? i think i could also help with your problem - i was a counselor for several years and tons of people had the same problem u do.
>>
>>18121226
>I need time to develop feelings
>almost all first dates i have don't make it to second dates

You seem to only like men that reject you or are already committed. Why is that?
>>
>>18121226

Maybe it's because you're not allowing it to. If you meet the right person, those feelings of infatuation and fondness appear almost immediately. The good thing about online dating is that you're able to weed out the people you have zero in common with, making it more likely that you'll get on when you do meet.

The problem with waiting to meet somebody in real life is that there are several factors which could make it fail along the way. They could already be in a relationship, they may not feel romantically interested in you, they may not find you attractive or even be looking for a relationship. Online, most of these things are pretty much laid out and available for you to choose. Of course they can also turn out to be bullshit, but it seems like it would be a good option for you to consider.
>>
>>18121203
I'm definitely not well adjusted emotionally. I'm prone to depression, socially awkward, and have trouble connecting with people.

By well adjusted, i mostly meant someone with a job, a semi clean apartment, and no raging entitlement issues. That all applies to me.
>>
>>18121236

As someone with rage entitlement issues, I am offended by this.
But I also have a job and a semi-clean apartment. I also shower daily, shave all over and use deodorant. I was also recently in a dysfunctional "relationship" and had my heart broken. Wanna hang out?
>>
>>18121233
Don't know. There's really only been 3 or 4 guys who have interested me. They were all single as far as i knew when i developed feelings, and most seemed to have a crush on me at one point.

One guy i did not tell until he started to get involved with someone else, which was not fair of me. I had kept quiet because of my previous bad experience and then made a last ditch effort when i saw him slipping away. That was wrong of me and i deserved the brutal rejection i got.
>>
You sound like you're waiting for Prince Charming to fall on your lap.
>>
>>18121236

Some men, especially ones that were coddled by moms and that don't get regular sex and affection are prone to be like that. All those issues can get resolved once they are in stable relationships and get a sense of self worth.
>>
Stop blaming the guys.
this is your fucking fault. you got yourself here.
you waited around for a year for a guy to see if he liked you? are you 14 years old?
if youre alone, its because your personality is shitty, your life is shitting, or your ugly.
stop blaming them.
>>
>>18121232
Sure, though I'll say up front that I'm not good at keeping online friends. I think i have a throwaway email at [email protected] . Hopefully it's still active.
>>
>>18121247
[citation needed]
>>
>>18121248
I'm not blaming anyone.
>>
>>18121249
what the fuck are you good at then?

you said you have literally zero friends, and yet you cant keep online friends even?

this is why no man wants you. you have no responsibility and need to grow up.
>>
>>18121255

I'll tell you what she's good at. Manipulating people for attention and never going through with anything. Then desperately trying to get that spotlight back on herself when the guy gets bored and finds a girlfriend.
>>
>>18121255
Yeah, i usually make friends at work. About 5 years ago i moved (with a friend) to a new city where my new job wasn't conducive to making friends. I'm a district level employee so i travel from site to site a lot and don't interact with the same people much on a day to day basis and when i do, it's in boss mode. So making friends at work is out.

I'm going back to school for computer science, but it's all been online so far, so making friends at school is out.

I've tried to make friends from activities but can't get beyond that initial level for some reason.
>>
>>18121259
That is definitely a fair, but harsh, assessment of my last rejection and not something i plan to repeat.
>>
>>18121229
>hiding problems

What do you want to know?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (11KB, 205x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
11KB, 205x200px
OP is a troll.

It is impossible for a woman to not get sex. Dick is the worlds easiest accessible commodity.

Even in this fucking thread theres at least 5 anon that will gladly do the honors. OP can go to a bar tonight, find some random and get laid if she wanted.
>>
>>18121279
Not a troll.

Getting sex is not an issue. I know i can have sex if i want. I'm not claiming to be an incel.
>>
>>18121246
Kek. One of the guys i liked was 300 lbs and used paper plates for a year so he wouldn't have to wash dishes.

I don't care about weight, but that's part of why i want someone more grown up now. Stuff like that was a turn off.
>>
>>18121269
If this is true then you aren't in position to expect a mature man to want anything to do with you.
>>
The fantasy you build in your head about a guy is never going to match reality. There's only one way to find out what's going to happen and that is to experience it.
You haven't even been in a serious relationship and you expect to know exactly how it's going to turn out just from your intuition?
There's this online game called Dota2 where 5v5 players play against each other. And every time a team starts bitching about how this and that is bad and how they have no chance of winning it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and an endless loop of negativity.
Right now all I hear from you is bitching. You haven't done shit. You haven't even tried.
Go try. Get your heart broken, lose the best things in your life when you tried your hardest and then come back and whine about it.
You haven't done shit.
>>
>>18121295
I had genuine feelings for him. Honestly, if he had chosen me, we'd probably be married by now. He was my best friend and i wanted him to be a part of my life for forever, at least in some way.

I knew he had liked me at one point, but i didn't reciprocate his feelings then and told him as much. We became friends and over the years, i developed intense feelings for him but felt like i had missed my window. When i saw him getting close to another woman, i got jealous and he noticed and told me if i wanted a relationship with him, he'd choose me. I said that i did, but he chose the other woman anyway.

There's more to this story.

This was about 3 years ago and I'm still not completely over it.
>>
>>18121248
I agree with this anon. She acts like relationships are a game and only enjoys the attention it gives her. Textbook narcissism.

Well enjoy your cats, lady
>>
>>18121303
You 'said' but I bet you didn't 'do' anything.
>>
>>18121303

Wow. He made a real good choice there. Kudos to that guy.
>>
>>18121307
No, we did stuff and nearly had sex. I was actually totally willing but he had told me beforehand he didn't want to have sex until he had resolved everything with the other woman, who also still had to break up with her fiance herself.

Though he still tried to have sex with me and got mad at me when i refused because of the boundaries he himself set. I'm still not sure if i did the right thing there.
>>
>>18121319
I'm not sure. The other woman was 20 and beautiful, but doesn't have a car, can't pay rent by herself, and has health problems that may mean she will eventually need lifelong care (MS).

He was probably getting a shitty deal either way.
>>
>>18121330

Oh wow. You really are a cunt. I'm starting to like you.
>>
>>18121330
For a woman, being vulnerable and needing to be taken care of is actually better for relationship prospects.
>>
>>18121330
>but doesn't have a car, can't pay rent by herself,

Mature people don't judge life progress by material gains. Nobody cares about your fucking car.

Also, he chose that over you, says a lot about you, grow the fuck up.
>>
>>18121332
Was that an awful thing to say? I'm just trying to be realistic. Taking care of someone financially and physically must be rough. I'm still a bit bitter about everything, but I'm trying not to be, but sometimes it can seep in unexpectedly, you know?
>>
>>18121340
>Taking care of someone financially and physically must be rough.

You don't know anything about men do you? Most of us love that shit.
>>
>>18121337
I'm going to assume you're young. Dating someone incapable of driving themselves around and paying their bills is a burden. You're taking on extra stress doing that. I'm not being materialistic here.
>>
>>18121345
Fair enough.
>>
>>18121340

You are very judgmental. I am as well and I don't really think it's bad being honest about it. But, at least in my experience, it will hurt your likeability a lot. Especially if you're also manipulative and two-faced.
>>
>>18121346
Not for a grown man, taking of people is what we like to do.
>>
>>18121352
Taking care*
>>
>>18121352
He doesn't make a lot of money, but fair enough. I'll accept that her neediness may have been a pro whereas I have been viewing it as con.
>>
>>18121357
I can feel the bitterness from your words, no wonder you are alone.
>>
>>18121357

this guy is spot on >>18121361

Move on with your life you crazy cunt.
>>
>>18121361
I am pretty bitter about that situation, and trying not to be, but i don't think i am in general. I'm not at all bitter about the other guys who have rejected me.
>>
>>18120106
>Not really sure what to do. Just embrace being alone?

Ignore all the other posts.

Op, get serious about going to the gym and counting calories+macros. Fuck every other post in here, you need to be going to the gym every other day. Squats/strength on even days, cardio on odds. /fit/ will help you find guides.

Can't find time? Re-structure your life around this. Move close to a gym, somewhere with lower rent so you'll have to work less. Your health is more fundamental in maslow's heirarchy than whatever you need the extra money for.

Ignore any attention you get from men at the gym outside polite "hello"s. You're there to get healthy for life, for yourself. You're not working out to get a man, but working out hard for 2hr EVERY DAY and eating correctly will change you. You will think about your problems in a way you cannot comprehend right now.

This will work. If you don't do this, and still think "nothing I try works" you're as pathetic as the men you have passed over in disinterest.
>>
>>18121366

Are you asian? You must be asian.
>>
>>18121367
>Ignore all the other posts.

Ignore everything mlady my white fedora will save you!
>>
>>18121368
I'm white
>>
>>18121375

Have you tried BBC? It's pretty fashionable these days.
>>
OP
Take yourself less seriously. That's about it.
We're all dealing with shit regardless of our relationship status. You're gonna put people off if you're super serious about everything all the time.
>>
>>18120106

I'm a single 34 yo guy and I think we would be a good match. But I also feel like you would only like me if I ignored/rejected you.
>>
>>18121389
In my defense, every guy I've liked i thought there was a good chance they liked me back by the way they acted.

I understand where this idea that i just like people who ignore me comes from, but it's really not the case. Hell, i think i may have only liked this last guy because he seemed into me.
>>
Feels like anyone choosing you has to give up on the prospect of having children since you are that old. Most guys peak in their thirties, that means they have much more options then 30 something crazy old ladies. When guys got their shit together both financialy/physically/mentally, women flock to them. That means your competion for the attractive mean are really harsh. What can you offer for a man?
Have you ever asked yourself that question?

Having a career and being "independent" does very little for a woman, speaking in attraction terms for men. Men want feminine and young women that they can fuck all day and have fun and relaxing times with. Not some bitter cunt angry at both herself, the world and everything around her.
>>
>>18121371
That's right.

>>18121272
>What do you want to know?

What's your height+weight?

>inb4 BMI is flawed
>>
>>18121401
Yes, i have wondered what i could offer, but I'm not sure what it is anymore. I'm told I'm funny, I'm told I'm smart, I'm told I'm interesting, but guys don't seem to care about that stuff for girlfriends.

I can be caring and affectionate, but don't feel like I'm often given the chance to be.

But yeah, kids are likely out.
>>
>>18121401
>Having a career and being "independent" does very little for a woman, speaking in attraction terms for men. Men want feminine and young women that they can fuck all day and have fun and relaxing times with. Not some bitter cunt angry at both herself, the world and everything around her.

That's very subjective of you.
I personally like independent angry cunts. Especially if they're also more intelligent than average.
>>
>>18121407
5'4 135 lbs currently, can fluctuate between 125 and 140
>>
>>18121407
BMI is literally height+weight, you'd might as well just ask them their weight. If you're desperate to appear smart then ask them their BF% and help them find out.

>tall people can get away with being obese
From a medical standpoint, they truly cannot. If you're over 6' then your concerns are greater, not lesser.
>>
>>18120106
Are you overweight?
>>
>>18121413

What's your preferred height for a guy? As in the minimum.
>>
>>18121416

She's literally just posted her "specs". She's at a healthy BMI.
>>
>>18121417
Taller than me, so 5'5", i guess. More than 6' starts getting awkward too.
>>
>>18121423

Interesting. I had a strong suspicion that most short chicks are into 6.0 ft+ guys. Both my tall friends have tiny wives.
>>
>>18121423
>tfw 5'4"
>>
>>18121249

How good of a confidant are you? I'd like to get in touch.
>>
>>18121430
Not sure what you mean? Who would I tell?
>>
>>18121411

Mens attraction to women is first and foremost physical. The first question men ask themselves when considering dating someone is the question "would I want to fuck her", if the answer to that question is no then you most likely have no chance with us at all. Even if you have a really cool and fun personality. Look at it from a women's perspective, women friendzone cool and interesting men all the time because the attraction is just not there.

Being a woman and playing the dating game in your thirties is doing it the hard way. Since your ovaries are drying up and with it goes your fertility, the thing that literally gives you your youthful look. Any smart women snags a committed man in her early twenties otherwise she probably will end up living alone with cats. I know dozens of women like you OP. 30 something single women miserable without a man being "independent", with their amazing careers that nobody could care less about.
>>
>>18121425
I feel like the height thing is just a meme. I've only ever met one or two women who were adamant about a minimum height requirement that was above average, but then again, it's not like I'm hanging out with women who watch things like Sex and the City and consider it something to aspire to, so maybe I'm wrong.

Most women I know just prefer someone who is taller than they are, and may be willing to date someone shorter.
>>
>>18121414
>BF%
most people don't actually know; hydrostatic testing is hard to come by and the likely hood she's had this accurately measured is low. We're agreed though, BF% would be preferable

But with hobbies like

>video games (I have "good taste"), learning to program, play dungeons and dragons and board games

no way that she's fluctuating between 120 & 140 with lean mass.

OP, drop those shit-tier hobbies (the others are fine). You won't find good men there. You are the company you keep etc.

Also, do what I suggested about the gym. Obviously you're skinnyfat to tubby. I'm not tryina shit on you, I'm givin' you the facts. You want to keep a man such as you've described? This is how.
>>
>>18121436
lol, my career sucks too, so I don't even have that going for me.

When I was in my 20s, I didn't care that much about having a boyfriend. I care more now for some reason. I wish I could get back to that mentality of being ok with being alone.
>>
>>18121434

Good answer.
>>
>>18121439
I'm skinnyfat. I'm currently doing 5x5 but my lifts are shit right now after being away from it for so long and for trying to do ATG (my squats are getting harder and harder and I haven't even hit triple digits yet). Not that my lifts were ever good.

In week 3 of C25K, but I hate running so I may just wind up sticking to hiking.
>>
>>18121442

Have you considered approaching men?
How's your flirting skills?
>>
>>18121442
What do you do?
>>
>>18121367
>You're not working out to get a man, but working out hard for 2hr EVERY DAY and eating correctly will change you. You will think about your problems in a way you cannot comprehend right now.

Complete and total nonsense. I have been working out + looking after macros (although not excessively) for about two years. It's mostly a chore that I continue to do out of habit. I found that "runners high" and it's alternatives do not fucking exist. You feel slightly better, but that's it. Do not listen to this retard.
>>
>>18121450
I tried with the current guy. I tried texting him and having more personal conversations over text, but I just hit a wall of indifference even though he continued to seem interested in person. I didn't know what to do.

I am terrible at flirting.
>>
>>18121452
I work middle management for a retail chain. I'm trying to get a job in the tech industry (web design or development) and just started going back to school for computer science.
>>
>>18121455

There is a great YouTube channel for dating advice specifically directed to women from a dating coach speaking in all of those things in a much broader perspective. Search for "gettheguyteam" on YouTube. You can thank me later.
>>
>>18121472
Thanks!
>>
>>18121474

You are welcome!

I hope you find someone that makes you happy, good luck OP.
>>
>>18121453
>runners high
Not what I'm talking about. It has more to do with discipline and not wasting much time on unhealthy behaviors like drinking or watching movies
>>
>>18121495
I don't drink. I do watch movies, but I don't consider that a waste of time? I try to mix in some hoity toity fare. Last 5 movies I watched:

Logan / Get Out / Wings of Desire / Ghostbusters (1984) / Solaris (1972)
>>
File: 1487556268474.jpg (139KB, 700x955px) Image search: [Google]
1487556268474.jpg
139KB, 700x955px
>>18121203
>And while it's possible that you've just been extremely unlucky with finding someone, it's much more likely that you think way too highly of yourself or your potential.
This.

I'm not a super misogynist by any means, but women honestly have this really warped perception of society and take their privileges as standard. You probably look rather unattractive to men and/or have debilitating social behaviour to go along with. Yet you believe you deserve 'better' because you're female.

You don't.

If you browse this shithole for a while, you may notice that there are literally thousands of virgin men who die broken and alone without ever being in a real relationship in their lives. Of course you never cared about this fact, because in your female reality, this is unthinkable. You are not special. You are just a female version of those males but the difference is that you are too entitled to accept this path.

tl;dr: Grow up. Accept it. Move on.
>>
>>18121503
I think this is unfair. It's absolutely not unthinkable for me to think I might die alone and a virgin. If anything, it's starting to feel inevitable.

I'm not mad at anyone for rejecting me, aside from the aforementioned example, and my anger stems from him toying with me beforehand, not the actual rejection.
>>
>>18121495
Watching movies isn't an unhealthy behavior you dolt.
>>
>>18121495
>It has more to do with discipline

Oh sweet jesus, come on man. What fucking discipline? It's all bullshit. Finishing my STEM degree required incomparably more discipline than fucking lifting ever did. It's just doing repetitive, mindless tasks over and over again, with slight variations. That's it. The only harder part is forming your routine and counting your macros / planning meals for the first time. Once you do that, you can shut off your brain, it's not required anymore. You just fall into a routine. Discipline my ass, lifting is EASY as fuck.

I know I sound like an asshole, but I'm completely disillusioned with lifting culture and it's endless self back-patting.

>muh will of iron bruh
>it rewires your brain bruh
>wanna look at motivational pictures with me bruh?

Lifting is nothing but a simple hobby. Healthy, yes, but ultimately completely mindless and numbing.
>>
>>18121534

I agree. Same thing with a healthy diet.
>>
OP, I'm 30 and I'm the same boat as you (no relationships). I'm female, but I read the whole thread and don't see any glaring reason you should be single. There are some things that might not be ideal, but everyone has flaws, and none of it seems like a deal breaker. I think the fact that you had men interested in the past means you'll have men interested in the future as well. If you can show interest back earlier on next time, it could very well work out. I wish I knew what else to say, but I sympathize with how it feels.
>>
>>18121688
Hey thanks femanon. It's always nice to hear from someone who sympathizes and not just all the menanons who are angry at you for some reason.

I hope you got some use out of this thread too and I hope you find what you're looking for.
>>
>>18121161
>include one pretentious clunky Cinematic™ pseudo-RPG mechanics game
What game is that?
>>
>>18121708
>menanons who are angry at you for some reason.

How on earth have you come through this thread not understanding why people think you're a dick?
>>
>>18121712
he gets buttmad that people play AAA square enix games and not his special snowflake video game made in 1994 that wasn't even popular during the age at which he played it but the fact that he would base a relationship on a video game shows how autistic he is so the whole thing is irrelevant in the first place.
>>
>>18121715
I don't get why people are angry. I knew that they would be because I've been on 4chan plenty of times before, but I don't understand why.

I do understand why they think my situation is my fault and I acknowledge that they're correct about a lot of it.

But I never get angry at guys here for being in situations of their own making. It doesn't seem like a rational feeling to have.
>>
>>18121721
I'm somewhere in between. I like Dragon Quest games. I never really got much into Final Fantasy past VI. I keep meaning to sit down and play VII, VII, and IX but don't have the time to sink 90 hours into a game right now.

Most of the games I play are indie type games or old games, but I like stuff like Skyrim too.
>>
>>18121759
eh, pay it no attention imo, they are pretty much getting buttmad that you "value yourself too highly" and are "too picky". They are taking their own frustrations of not having a partner out on you. I think it's a good thing you are selective, now instead of dwelling on your failures you should probably be learning from them. Why do you think x guy didn't respond/want a relationship? Are you not hot enough? Are you not fun enough? How do you think you come across to strangers and friends? Maybe do some more introspection and try and figure yourself out a bit more. Also don't settle for the hell of it, most people would rather be alone than stuck with a bad partner.

Basically try and learn from what has happened, but don't let it get to you. To be honest I was really autistic at first but going on some dates helped me learn a lot about myself. I think getting out there and going on those online dates (maybe even just for experience) could help you socially.
>>
>>18121800
Thanks.

I've thought about biting the bullet and just getting into a relationship with whoever first accepts online in hopes that I'll get experience and not be such an awkward coward when I do meet someone I like.

But I don't know...it seems mean using someone just for experience. That would crush me if someone did that to me. I also don't know if I could be a good girlfriend if I'm not invested in the relationship anyway.
>>
File: faggot.png (154KB, 262x293px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
154KB, 262x293px
>>18121712
>>18121721
I don't know, what game could it be? The Last of Us, Horizon: Zero Dawn, The Order 1886, Uncharted, (Rise of The) Tomb Raider (2013), Alien Isolation, Far Cry (3, 4 and Primal), Watch_Dogs, Resident Evil: Revelations 2 and the list goes on and on and on and on ... STRANGERS. WAITING. UP AND DOWN THE BOULEVARD!

Anyways, if you want to get an idea why this current trend is cancer. Don't get me wrong, not every game is total shit because of it, but - besides of the earliest trendsetters like Far Cry 3 for example) - these are cynical products in the end, with no sould, no fresh ideas, just the sum of mechanics, which are overused for a couple of years now and still are popular among the braindead consumer base.

For reference:
Deflation of the middle market: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8BnfvaO3Tw
How design trends ruin video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCmmYF4rOwo
Dad of War: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY6vIDCK7iQ
>>
>>18122080
What do you consider a good game?
>>
File: A-okay.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
A-okay.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>18122083
Nioh, Burnout Paradise, inFamous, Yakuza, Prince of Persia, Pokémon, Monster Hunter, Vanqusih, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Solid, Deus Ex, Mirror's Edge, Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Mario Kart, Nier, Darksiders, Jak and Daxter and the list goes on and on and on and on ... STREETLIGHTS. PEOPLE. WOAOAAH!
>>
>>18122098
I haven't really played any of these aside from dipping my toe into pokemon here and there.

Though I hadn't played much on your other list either.
>>
>>18122106
It's never too late, my son, or OP, whoever you are. I envy your inexperience with these games, because t sure was a total high when I played them for the first time.
>>
File: I'm dying here.jpg (450KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
I'm dying here.jpg
450KB, 1000x900px
>>18122106
Wait, now that I read correctly, that you didn't really played games of either list: What games do you play?
>>
Do you identify as a female or were you actually born a female?
>>
>>18122113
Favorite Games: Maniac Mansion, Dragon Quest series, A Mind Forever Voyaging, River City Ransom

Really liked Gone Home, Telltale's The Walking Dead (haven't started the new season yet), and Life is Strange from recent fare.

Last game played and finished was Stories Untold and before that was Firewatch.

Currently playing Danganronpa 2 and Planescape: Torment (which I am apparently awful at and keep getting everyone pissed off at me inadvertently).

Trying to get into the Witcher 3, but I just find the main guy so dumb, like someone's first D&D character.

I also just bought Dragon Age: Inquisition and Dragon Age II, so I may switch over to those instead of the Witcher. Playing these long RPGs is rough on me though, with all my hobbies, work, and school.

I don't do FPS, for the most part.
>>
>>18122122
Both
>>
>>18122127
Ah, like aforementioned older titles and indie games. Seems like you have a faible for Japanese and walking simulator games too.

Day of The Tentacle is the only Maniac Mansion game I played, but only for a short time since I couldn't really get into it - guess since I wasn't even born in that era it is difficult to get the charm in the writing and art design.

I liked The Walking Dead a lot too, but I heard that the following seasons are terrible in comparison and therefore never bothered to play them. The Wolf Among Us was also neat, I'd recommend you that one - if the mix of 80s and Grimm Brother's fairytales are your thing.

Life is Strange was also pretty neat, but in retrospect the writing and total lack of varying outcomes changed my opinion by 180 degrees.

I play currently Nioh and am almost through with it, Gravity Rush is already waiting on my shelf.

I also had problems with The Witcher 3, but more because of atrocious combat mechanics and terrible collision detection; you're right, Geralt is a pretty dull as a character.

Huh, they sure are a better investment than TW3. I never came to play Dragon Age, but it is on my maybe-somday-to-play-list. Instead, I played the Mass Effect trilogy.

Hmm, I don't play real time strategy and classic adventures at all. Aside from them every genre is welcome. Multiplayer FPS ain't my thing, I suck shit at them and don't even bother on becoming better.
>>
>>18122127
>bought Dragon Age: Inquisition and Dragon Age II,
>gave money to Bioware
>for Dragon Age 2 and 3 of all things

Well you're playing Planescape: Torment of your own voilition, so you're not irredeemable. Please read up on development practices though. Giving money to Bioware is like going to see a Michael Bay movie 15 times instead of checking out a film that is actually pushing the medium.

>>18122098
>>18122080
This guy is autistic, but he's right. Solid taste in modern games.
>>
>>18120106

I'll consider letting you be my carer, but it really depends on your gross annual income.
>>
>>18122223
Yeah, I rarely play new, AAA games , and if I do, I usually wait for them to drop to $20. I mostly just play small or more unusual games on Steam.

>>18122556
I decided to try Dragon Age mostly to get ideas for D&D quests. Setting an entire game in a single city intrigued me and I picked up Inquisition because it was also on sale. For what it's worth, I've spent way more on indie games than I did on the DA games so my conscience is clear, I think.

Thimbleweed Park is supposed to be out soon. I'm excited for that.
>>
>>18122556
Dragon Age > Planescape Torment
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.