[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Useless advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: original.jpg (596KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
596KB, 2560x1440px
Advice you've been given that does not work.
e.g.
>be yurlself
>>
advice that I've given that does not work
>go back to /pol/
>>
File: 1428985234376.jpg (19KB, 618x416px) Image search: [Google]
1428985234376.jpg
19KB, 618x416px
>>18119658
>>
>Just study what interests you in university

And now I have an insane amount of debt, hopefully going into IT at community college can help...
>>
>>18119672
What'd you study?
>>
>>18119672
>Just go for something you can make money out of in college

This also sucks, I have 0 motivation and know I'm going to be at best an average professional.

The correct choice is FUCK COLLEGE.
>>
>>18119710
good idea, too bad you need a degree to do anything more than professional mop pusher or wedge fryer
>>
>>18119698
History, thought it would be one of the more lucrative liberal arts majors. And I don't want to torture myself by becoming a teacher in America, even if I did like the job.

>>18119710
Yeah, I'm not so sure about that... Depends on the kind of professional. Unless that was sarcasm, then I praise you for it!
>>
>>18119672
>>Just study what interests you in university
I mean, you're not supposed to take this advice literally. You should study what interests you, but you should also be realistic and make sure your major will have viable jobs for you.

>insane amount of debt
Yeah, that has nothing to do with the advice, that was just your choice of how to handle the cost. If massive debt was going to be a problem for you, then you shouldn't have been a retard and taken out loans.
>>
>>18119730
>History, thought it would be one of the more lucrative liberal arts majors.
It is. You could have worked for the government, or you could work in libraries, museums, archives. And that's just jobs that are directly related to history.
>>
>>181119733
I know, honestly would've gone into IT or engineering. But the uni had a high GPA requirement, and my first semester of uni was unlucky, so I realistically could never transfer into those programs. I wanted to, but it was impossible without shelling more money beyond the 4 years necessary for a bachelor's.

Perhaps my parents thought I'd continue the tradition of joining the military. I... can't do that realistically in this day and age.
>>
>>18119738
I have honestly looked into those positions in the past. The main problem is that I, more than likely, need experience in those areas... Somehow, knowing how job applications are these days. Archive and library jobs these days typically require data management expertise, which I wasn't able to get back in university.
>>
"Apply to every job in town"

Got a bunch of jobs, got a bunch of bounced paychecks. Got a bunch of horror stories to carry for the rest of my life, about all the other folks at those places losing the roof over their kids' heads. Never saved up enough money or respectable experience to resettle in another state, before the employer went bankrupt and and my savings drained to zero.
>>
>>18119762
I appreciate the advice nonetheless! Still will look into it!
>>
>>18119733
Baby boomers and gen-X don't just 'advise' their kids to take those loans, they nag and pressure and repeat themselves ten times a day until their kids comply.

Filling out your FAFSA is USA's official rite of passage. If you can't line up a stable job straight out of high school, which becomes increasingly elusive with each passing year, then it's either FAFSA or wait for your parents to punt you into hobotown.

This is where kids' own lives first begin. They have no experience, no genuine info on how life works, and no guidance other than their moneygrubbing professors and administrators. They make shit for decisions because they have shit for upbrining.

t. childless late GenX, would have probably been a shit parent anyway
>>
>>18119652
Be a good person and good things will come to you.
Fuck church, it's all lies.
>>
>>18119778
Not that anon, but my parents started saving for my education when I was a baby, and even then, they encouraged me to get scholarships and to work and save where I can for tuition. I walked out loan free without any financial help from them, and now I have my education fund to help me buy a house.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.