[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally found what's not letting me plan ahead, now what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: ai.gif (835KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ai.gif
835KB, 500x281px
OK, so I've failed so much in life because I can't really see the long-term future.

Today I discovered it is because I have basically already accepted my death, a death that is not even certain (I'm not sick or anything like that) but I'm always thinking something bad will happen (like a car crash, stray bullet or something relatively unlikely).

I found out about my problem because there's an event of something I like in october and I thought "that's too far from now, anything can happen from today to that date, I'd better not make plans", then I started to think about my real future (school, work, relationships, health) and I concluded that I don't do anything because I think like a person who is going to die tomorrow and nothing matters anymore. (not in a nihilist edgy kinda way)

(I should also stop watching "rekt" and gore videos right?)

So what do I do about this? how do I unaccept death?

(sorry for my bad english, it is not my main language, I hope what I wrote is clear enough)
>>
Bump? I'd really like to hear your suggestions/opinions.
>>
File: 1484755870214.jpg (600KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1484755870214.jpg
600KB, 2592x1936px
You haven't accepted death because it still governs your choices, you were always going to die like everyone else, whether by being steamrolled through a variety of gruesome deaths or through a peaceful passing in your sleep. You'll have accepted death when you do things even without knowing if you'll be crushed to death the next day or killed in a mugging the day before the event.

Point is, if you're gonna die anyway why waste time making choices with it in mind? Just do things man, if you die then you die and you'll be done with life's game.
>>
don't apologize for your English. it's very good.
>>
>>18119102
>You haven't accepted death because it still governs your choices

I feel like it's governing my non-choices more than my choices.

>Point is, if you're gonna die anyway why waste time making choices with it in mind?

That's the problem.

>>18119112
Thanks! :)
>>
>>18118952
Your odds of accidental death are quite low. Just count the amount of people who have died out of everyone you know. It's like 1% maybe. It's safe to say you will be alive in October so you should get ready for it. Want some fuck?
>>
you sound exactly like the guy in mishima's confessions of a mask

maybe you should read it lol
>>
>>18118952
You haven't accepted death, sounds more like a convenient excuse to avoid any sort of growth or advancement in your life. If you accepted it, it wouldn't constantly be an excuse to do nothing, and your attitude would be totally different.

People who've ACTUALLY accepted death (like the terminally ill) find great value in every waking moment. They're present in ways they've never been before, and while they're burdened with fear, they often become closer to their loved ones than they've ever been. It's beautiful in a morbid way. You just sound utterly consumed by fear of the world, and convinced of your own excuses

>frequently visit sick/dying people in hospitals as part of my work being sober
>also had mummy die of cancer
>>
>>18119218
I'm sorry. I just couldn't find a better way to express it, I don't think my "acceptance" of death is in the same level as the real thing but it's just how I feel or at least the best way I can describe it with words.

Yes, maybe it is an excuse but it was not a really concious one until recently... but either way I just want to make my life better and I'm glad I found one of the reasons (even if it is not super clear yet).

I'm sorry for your loss and keep visiting those people who need others the most. Do you think it's a good idea for me to visit hospitals too? if yes, how do I do that?
>>
>>18119237
I'm not sure how to. In AA we have an H&I (hospitals and institutions) program where we go to hospitals and jails.

I'm sure Google can be your friend.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.